Ryanair signs complaints deal with Ombudsman Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ryanair has signed a deal with Ombudsman Services that will see the organisation operate as the airline’s approved alternative dispute resolution (ADR) body.

Approval to the scheme means that passengers of Ryanair who have disputes relating to issues such as denied boarding, lost baggage, delays or cancellations will be able to escalate their complaint to Ombudsman Services if a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached with the airline.

The scheme operated by Ombudsman services will be free of charge to consumers.

Up until now, you have to take your case to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). But the CAA don't have the same powers as ombudsman schemes, meaning they can't force airlines to pay out.

The service is expected to be up and running by spring 2016.

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/229670/ryanair-aims-to-simplify-complaints-procedures/

Don't hold your breath. I had a complaint against TalkTalk via Ombudsman Services. They were useless.

First of all they said instead of getting the crap service brought up to a reasonable standard I should be happy with an apology and possibly a small financial compensation.

Then they redrafted my complaint in words I had not used and which was totally inadequate and wanted me to approve that as the basis for them to take to talkTalk.

So I re wrote it in their format but saying what I actually was complaining about and what I wanted.

They then re wrote it again leaving out the important bits at which point I gave up wasting my time with this bunch of clowns who appear to be whitewash agents for the company.

Has anyone had really positive results from them?

Don't hold your breath. I had a complaint against TalkTalk via Ombudsman Services. They were useless.

First of all they said instead of getting the crap service brought up to a reasonable standard I should be happy with an apology and possibly a small financial compensation.

Then they redrafted my complaint in words I had not used and which was totally inadequate and wanted me to approve that as the basis for them to take to talkTalk.

So I re wrote it in their format but saying what I actually was complaining about and what I wanted.

They then re wrote it again leaving out the important bits at which point I gave up wasting my time with this bunch of clowns who appear to be whitewash agents for the company.

Has anyone had really positive results from them?

Hello igiveup. You've posted on a thread about Ryanair. If you'd like to ask about TalkTalk, you'd be better to start a thread in the telecoms forum..

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Honeybee13

I wasn't wanting to write about TalkTalk I was commenting on the worthlessness of Ryanair's deal with Ombudsman Services. I only used my experience with a complaint about TalkTalk to Ombudsman Services to show how useless they are and why Ryanair's deal should not be seen as valuable for consumers.