Wonga up to their old tricks?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ring the bank again and ask them to confirm they have received the letter - you need to keep on at them this afternoon or Wonga will empty your account just after midnight tonight

If the card has been marked as lost or stolen and then they attempt to take payment it will decline. With TSB and their process, this is how it works.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I don't know what to do. He did say that there's now a fraud marker on my account so that should stop the payment but I'm struggling to think straight. I'm guessing it's to late to ring payroll and ask them to send my wages to my natwest account.So angry for getting myself into this mess in the first place.

Just because you have an overdraft with a bank does not mean you can't bank elsewhere.

Plus there will undoubtedly be fees and charges loaded into that overdraft that you can reclaim.

DON'T ring wonga, get back onto the bank and demand that they cancel the CPA, this is YOUR right.

And after they have cancelled the CPA complain to them about their atrocious customer service.

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities-your-right-to-cancel

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have no idea sorry, IMO I would think that if the customer tells them to stop a CPA on their account/card then the employee should action it.

Banked with them for a few years until we bailed them out then kicked them into touch when they tried to charge me for going overdrawn, so I just left them owing them money and started a new account with another bank.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

katie is your payday tomorrow? i'm just assuming this as tomorrow is when wonga will be trying to take payment.

I'm hoping you have access to internet banking because at midnight tonight, you must transfer your pay to your natwest account and use that account till your new card arrives. It will be a pain with DD's etc on your tsb acc but just advising this to make sure wonga dont get at it.

Banks ARE able to cancel CPA's and have been able to since 2009, they were again warned about this in 2013 but it seems they just arent getting it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks Martin. I'll transfer just in case. Going to look at setting up a basic account with someone else tomorrow. In a way I'm kind of glad it's happened now as I was just borrowing and paying back from month to month. Just got to try and avoid a formal default now but if they agree to my payment plan they'll be gone in 6 months.

Alot on here recommend nationwide for a basic account.

My partner had to do all this because of wonga and CPA's, the banks are pathetic which is why i suggested a new card and was probably right to do so looking at the fun youve had trying to cancel it with TSB.

Wonga will repeatedly try to take the payment.

One more very important thing to note, when your new card arrives, dont think its safe to go back to using TSB, wonga can get your new card details from visa!!! And visa will supply them as there is a CPA in favour of wonga.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

well done katie. one thing to remember when your setting a payment plan, they cannot charge you more than double the initial loan amount in total, so quick totting up before agreeing anything.

IE: you borrow £100, they cannot have more than £200 in total.