HELP PEASE!! caught for shoplifting in TESCO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, firstly I am very ashamed of this.

2 days ago I was caught shoplifting from a TESCO store.

(I had put 2 reduced prices £3.25 labels on 2 not reduced ones £5 ones meat steaks which I took from reduced ones)

paid for them

before leave the shop caught by Security guards!

very very stupid all for £3.50

( I got a bipolar character and had been diagnosed with very high depression and severe PTSD

- taking 1000 mg quetiapine daily

- did it because needed to feel high (NO EXCUSE - just describing the details))

they took me to back room - no police involved

- (I cried very badly and begged them to not hand me to police )

they just wrote down my name , address and date of birth and told me to pay again for those two items (2*£5=£10)

which I had paid for them before (2*£3.25=£6.50) with those reduced price labels and take them and leave . they told nothing more ...............

I scare very very much if they will pass my details to Police? what will happen to me?

I just took more 500mg medicine more to cope I can not sleep I am scared to death !!!!!!!!

please advice me what will happen to me?

I dont want my wife and children know about it!!!!

please help me know what will happen to me

and what they are going to do with my address and details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Hi all, firstly I am very ashamed of this. 2 days ago I was caught shoplifting from a TESCO store.(I had put 2 reduced prices £3.25 labels on 2 not reduced ones £5 ones meat steaks which I took from reduced ones) paid for them but before leave the shop caught by Security guards! very very stupid all for £3.50 ( I got a bipolar character and had been diagnosed with very high depression and severe PTSD - taking 1000 mg quetiapine - did it because needed to feel high (NO EXCUSE - just describing the details)) they took me to back room - no police involved- (I cried very badly and begged them to not hand me to police ) they just wrote down my name , address and date of birth and told me to pay again for those two items (2*£5=£10) which I had paid for them before (2*£3.25=£6.50) with those reduced price labels and take them and leave . they told nothing more ............... I scare very very much if they will pass my details to Police? what will happen to me? I just took more 500mg medicine more to cope I can not sleep I am scared to death !!!!!!!! please advice me what will happen to me? I dont want my wife and children know about it!!!! please help me know what will happen to me and what they are going to do with my address and details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and welcome to CAG. We're not here to judge what people do, so please don't worry about that.

If you need someone to talk to on the phone, I'll post up the number for the Samaritans, please bear with me.

My best, HB

Edited by honeybee13
Removing reference to suicide.

Illegitimi non carborundum

im just crying now -do you have any idea what will happen to me in this case?

Hello again. From what you say, they didn't call the police at the time.

In the UK, it's very unlikely that the police will be called after the event. You seem to have resolved matters with the store. I think this should be the end of things.

HB

the police will not be involved.

the matter is ended.

forget about it.

just watchout for scary letters from a lot called rlp

they'll try to fleece money out of you

under some retail loss prevention scheme.

its a total spoof so totally ignore their letters

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thanksssssssssss a lot to telling me this/ but why they wrote down my details you think? sorry if made you upset with my sadess and depression

You haven't made me sad, I was worried about you. :)

I'm not an expert about what security guards do, other people will know, but if they didn't call the police then I think you don't have much to worry about.

Please try to calm down, I think you'll be OK. But I would recommend that you don't try this again please.

HB

definitely i neither go to any tesco and not doing it again i just scared to death about police and criminal record ......... as a foreigner you know i feel so scary . then if RLP send me letter I just need to ignore it? I can pay and I have no financial problem to pay for that just scared to been take to police station or court.

i just need to add in the security room they laughed to me and took video from my crying and begging , why they did it, you think ? may they wanted to record my video to give it to police tou think?, im really sorry if asking this questions, Im just feel horrible

HB keep posting.

f9d, the police were not

and will not ever be involved post the incident

this has never happened and certainly not for

if you pay RLP

IT WILL NOT GO AWAY

they'll simply spoof you for more money

as they then know they've snared a MUG.

wont effect your records or anything.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i just need to add in the security room they laughed to me and took video from my crying and begging , why they did it, you think ? may they wanted to record my video to give it to police tou think?, im really sorry if asking this questions, Im just feel horrible

They won't give the video to the police, it's not how it works here.

HB

then you think that they will keep my record! how the record effects me later? we are going to move in another house very soon is it can help in case to dont find me later?

Dear HB - why then you think they took video from me? sorry about my English. Im a swidish and as you see my English is rubbish - thank to answering me . i feel a little better nowww

you are away scot free

forget about it.

the only thing you might get as said is some scary letters you TOTALLY IGNORE

go get on with the rest of your life

and behave yourself:lol:

and they

Dear DX i need to add I did not signed anything and they dont told me that what they will going to do. just what makes me very very scary is my details which they wrote down ( i gave them wrong date of birth but true name and address because they got my Bank card in that moment -

doesn't matter

can I now suggest

rather than keep post

go read the previous threads here

ALL your questions will be answered

with the same answer ...IGNORE RLP.

its over dead nothing can happen at all bad.

go read these threads

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=tesco+RLP&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=tesco%20RLP&gsc.page=1

and they

thanks a lot - sorry if bothered you im just sick , i will go and read them . thanks again, sorry about my English(Im a Swedish) i never forget your kindness and help!!!!

hey no sweat

no bother.

lots to read here

100's of cases just the same as yours..utter panic...then a calm realisation.

dx

and they

hi f9d

Just relax and dont worry about it anymore, HONESTLY,

you got away with it lightly BUT DONT DO it again.

It would cost Tesco, £100's if not £1000s to take it further with the courts

which they dont want to do PLUS the Police do not want to be bothered with this trivial thing.

This is why Tesco employ this approach, as a deterrent and to be seen to be doing something about it,

it is just too small a thing for them to worry about so they get their security guard to act all threatening,

take details to scare you then they pass it to this other company that try to get money out of you afterwards,

they

"invite you to pay", these requests have no basis in law and as DX/Honeybee rightly say above can be thown in the bin and laughed at.

This same thing, in TKMAxx, happened to my girlfriend a few years back and I researched it fully and it was a real eye opener, I think I have a thread on here about so check my history threads.

To allay your fears and really make you feel better I suggest you read up on it yourself as suggested by the guys/girls above,

it is a fascinating and interesting thing once you see the real true picture.

Take care, calm down and have a cup of tea, stick a movie on and relax

• Confused 1

i really appreciate it dear sewingkit

I was feeling so humiliated so ashamed so sad so horrible since that moment

and you cant believe me because I couldn't bear such a humiliation in my life and have no excuses that why I did such a stupid things ,

thanks guys to helping me and advising me

- i will let you know if I have receive any letter or any news

, please pray for me ,

not be in trouble,and u know I was feeling devastated

............ thanks guys again .

Edited by F9d

ur welcome, my girlfriend felt the same way, it was sooo out of character for her, trust me. she had nightmares,

thought she would lose her job working with kids in a college, etc.

i convinced her to see the true picture and she is ok now but still worries a bit.

It will all be fine, trust me

Read this, it will help, it is the same principle just a different shop

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean-Reviewed-September-2015