Refund Help (QuickQuid)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There.

i've been reading some of the post and i thought i give it a try i used this template

"I wish to make a formal complaint based on what I believe to be irresponsible lending and the amount paid towards the loan.

On 26/02/2010 , I was granted a Debt Relief Order. Had you done sufficient checks you would have seen this on the Insolvency Register and on my credit report. This, added to the fact that I made you aware of the difficulty to repay and the offer of further finance should have been blatant that I was in financial difficulty at the time. I do not believe you performed adequate checks and should not have agreed to loan these funds.

During this time I received calls and texts to the point of harassment from 'MMF ' and various people claiming to represent you. I was also threatened with a home visit within hours for removal of goods which is downright wrong. You should know you need to apply for a court order, for the court order to be granted and subsequently broken before even considering these activities.

With regards to paying the loan itself, I have paid a total of £100 on a loan of £200. All of the charges you applied would breach the FCA's guidelines on collections activity as you have levied unfair and disproportionate charges to the account. Based on the complaint I request the following:

- A refund of the sum paid above the initial capital of £500 plus a further 8% simple interest for four years

- For the account to be settled as paid

- A formal apology concerning your collections activities and subsequently an offer of compensation for the distress caused over numerous years

Should this matter not be resolved adequately I will be taking my complaint to the FCA for further investigation

This Week i received a reply from complaints saying this

" Thank you for contacting QuickQuid. The contents of your email were duly noted.

Your query raised several questions on what loan affordability is based on and what statutory checks are processed before assessing credit approval. Please be advised of the following information in relation to your query:

-We processed a credit check, the search id: {Took this out} confirms one of the affordability checks that were ran. You can find additional information on checks by contacting Callcredit which is one of the Credit Reporting Agencies we use.

-We also run various checks, which include but are not limited to, affordability assessment based on current financial commitments, as well as verifying any personal details provided on the application.

-After the application was submitted, we send our customers an email which contains the pre-contractual agreement and also contains a hyperlink that leads to an audio version for your convenience.

-Prior to making a lending decision, your loan application is reviewed and all of the information discussed above is analyzed and taken into consideration.

-Once that information is reviewed, we make a decision and subsequently contact the consumer to advise of the final credit decision.

After careful review of your account and the information you submitted at the time of your application, we have determined that we diligently followed our processes and conducted a credit and affordability assessment on each credit application that was granted. Furthermore, your request for a refund on the charges and fees associated with your loans has been denied.

If you have any queries, our Final Resolution Team is here to help.

Kind Regards,

Tiffaney

What can i reply here : shall i report it to FOS.

This loan was back in 2005/2006

Thanks

I see they totally ignore the fact that you have told them that you had a Debt Relief Order, therefore, they could not possibly have done the checks they said they had.. could they ?

So yes, you write and ask them to confirm if this is their Final Response, so that you can escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?455382-Were-you-caught-in-a-Pay-Day-Loan-Trap-You-may-be-able-to-make-a-claim

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I am however, confused by this...

With regards to paying the loan itself, I have paid a total of £100 on a loan of £200. All of the charges you applied would breach the FCA's guidelines on collections activity as you have levied unfair and disproportionate charges to the account. Based on the complaint I request the following:

- A refund of the sum paid above the initial capital of £500 plus a further 8% simple interest for four years

If you have only paid £100 on a loan of £200.00, then I am not sure how you can request a refund of £500.00 ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you have only paid £100 on a loan of £200.00, then I am not sure how you can request a refund of £500.00 ?

cause they have added interest and fees which now the debt is £900

Perhaps you should redo this thread, it seems wolley unless dates are mixed up

You say you had a DRO in 2010 Yet you first took out a loan in 2005/2006?

Why wasn't this debt included when you were granted with a DRO? You might also want to refresh yourself on having a DRO in that you only have an entry on the insolvency register for 12 months (you're credit report is different of course) but you'll fall because you are allowed £500 at lender decision even in early days of a DRO... Up to you to be responsible eh?

Guys... This is a scripted response from QQ its the same across all the other threads.

Re-Complain to the top - [email protected]

Take the response if they dont play ball at all, refer to the FOS...

But please clear up your points about the DRO...

When did you enter into DRO? When were the dates for ALL the loans you had with them?

Loughton, dont be an arse, its your first post... Give the OP a chance here :)

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Then at best all you can expect is that they write off what is outstanding.. but I don't see either the company or the FOS handing you compensation for something you haven't paid !!

BCOBS

I have seen some fos decisions where they write off the outstanding debt but they usually say you have to pay back what you borrowed, so if you borrowed £200 and paid back £100 you would still owe them £100. Unless they sold the debt on.

Their response answers your complaint and although they have not answered it like you would have wanted or addressed all the points, there's no indication that they have anything further to add or will be sending a further response. So you could go to fos now, if you ask them if it's their final response I think you will experience their slow delays and you will be in an almost identical position in 8 weeks time.

The person from Quickquid that deals with the fos complaints and the fos used to be an adjudicator at the fos untill very recently (probably the same at other lenders), so they probably know all the delaying tricks and what to say to the adjudicators (who they may have worked alongside), so they have an advantage to start with but if they have done wrong it shouldn't matter.