• Tweets

• Firstly, and sorry for not asking earlier but have you submitted your DQ yet?
    • As suggested by JK2054 I'll email Evri to their small claims email address, attaching the label and collection receipt and quoting the Money Claims ref number. Is there anything else in addition to sending the email I should do at this stage? Rgds, J
    • Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • J, I just numbered them like that; once the witness statement is made, I'll add it to the pages.   The court date has been set as 02 July 2024. Please find attached V6. I will send an unredacted to the email.  claim budle_V6.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Paris attacks: Dozens dead and hostages held at Bataclan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apparently more than half of the US states (mainly republican) have already refused co-operation/objected to taking refugees.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Attack "mastermind" and fugitive suspect reportedly killed in Saint-Denis raid-I have not seen anywhere 100% confirmation.

I have never heard before of such a raid.

When you hear the full details of this battle which lasted for hours it is,well i am lost for words.

Put it this way,there is not much left of the building inside,or some of the terrorists.

Floors gave way and much more.I heard the door was heavily armoured.

Also today a rumour that some are making preparations in places just in case.

Many rumours circulating.

Think for safety many of my Christmas purchases will be online.

Just the way i feel and anyway i am not that keen on crowded places at the best of times,never mind these days of uncertainty.

• Two confirmed dead, seven arrested, five police injured, 5,000 rounds fired

• Female suicide bomber was cousin of ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud

• Suspects were "preparing another attack" on Paris' commercial centre and airport

• Dummy bomb found last night in Hannover

• Turkey arrest suspected Isil members headed to Europe as refugees

• Terrifying details emerge of Bataclan police assault

France says Schengen border code must be tightened after Paris, but EU refuses to touch its "greatest achievement"

The European Commission has indicated it will resist attempts by France to tighten EU border security, after it emerged that foreign fighters have as little as a one per cent chance of being caught when returning from overseas.

Dimitris Avramopoulos, the EU Commissioner for migration, insisted that no change is necessary to the current border code that says EU passport holders should be subject to the “minimum checks” when they enter Europe from the Middle East or elsewhere.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/12004381/Paris-attacks-EU-chiefs-defy-French-demands-for-border-controls-on-jihadist-fighters.html

I have read your post below tobyjugg2 and yes he has said it quite well.I agree.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Very sad that he couldn't get his message across with out all the expletives !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes i listened to the message.Very moving.

Antoine Leiris

Paris, France · November 16 at 4:18 am ·

"You will not have my hatred"

Friday night you stole the life of an exceptional being, the love of my life, the mother of my son, but you will not have my hatred. I do not know who you are and I do not want to know, you are dead souls. If God, for which you kill blindly made us in his image, every bullet in the body of my wife has been a wound in his heart.

So no, I will not give you this gift to hate you. You've searched but well yet meet hatred with anger it would yield to the same ignorance that made you what you are. You want I'm afraid, for me to look my constituents with a wary eye, to sacrifice my freedom for security. You Lost. Same player still playing.

I saw her this morning. Finally, after days and nights of waiting. She was as beautiful as when she left this Friday night, as beautiful as when I fell in love there are more than 12 years. Of course I am devastated by grief, I grant you this small victory, but it will be short lived. I know she will accompany us every day and we will be in this paradise of free souls that you will never access.

We are two, my son and I, but we are stronger than all the armies in the world. I have also have no more time for you, I must join Melvil who wakes up from a nap. It was 17 months ago, he eats his lunch like every day, then we will play like every day and his whole life that little boy will make you the affront of being happy and free. Because no, you will not have his hatred either.

Paris attacks: Abdelhamid Abaaoud 'died in Saint Denis raid'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34867615

Paris attacks: Live updates as French PM admits he fears new chemical and biological terror attack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-terror-siege-live-updates-6852306

Paris attacks: Live updates as French PM admits he fears new chemical and biological terror attack

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/paris-terror-siege-live-updates-6852306

"New chemical and biological terror attack" ? Has there been such an attack on France ?

If not, why give them ideas ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

"New chemical and biological terror attack" ? Has there been such an attack on France ?

If not, why give them ideas ?

I don't think there has been such an attack, no. But politicians know that the terrorists will already have thought of such things - it's not them he's giving ideas to. He's trying to scare his own electorate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I don't think there has been such an attack, no. But politicians know that the terrorists will already have thought of such things - it's not them he's giving ideas to. He's trying to scare his own electorate.

Well that doesn't make sense ??

BCOBS

Politicians do it all the time. "There's this horrible scary threat out there, but don't worry! Vote for me, and I'll save you!"

The variant we're seeing here in the UK is more or less the same "Don't vote for that scary man! He'll let nasty people kill you!"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Paris attacks: Hollande to intensify air strikes in Syria and Iraq

Latest updates and up to date links.And video

The controversial French writer and intellectual Michel Houellebecq has issued a harsh critique of François Hollande, saying that the French president and decades of French leaders before him had failed in their fundamental mission of keeping France safe

With almost unanimous support from Republicans and 47 Democrats voting in favour, the House approved by 289 votes the American Security Against Foreign Enemies Act, which would require the secretary of homeland security, the FBI director and the director of national intelligence to each certify that a refugee was not a threat to national security before they were admitted to the United States.

Kuwaiti authorities have arrested members of an Isis cell that “supplied funds and weapons, including rockets, to Islamic State

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/19/paris-attacks-police-investigate-isis-mastermind-dead-st-denis-raid-live

The Latest Issue of ISIS's Magazine Is As Terrible As You'd Think http://mojo.ly/1HYCkoV

Video tells Western politicians they are accessories to murder if they knowingly import jihadists/refugees

Paul Weston, chairman of Liberty GB, talks candidly about the attacks in Paris, and how our politicians are complicit in the deaths of those hundreds of innocent civilians.

Everyone has a view of things.

A deeper look at Liberty GB

http://tellmamauk.org/liberty-gb/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE2-0FbcDAY

• 1 year later...

A car stopped at 102 Champs-Elysees, in front of a police van, ministry spokesman Pierre Henry Brandet said. A man emerged from the car and opened fire on the police van with an "automatic weapon," he said. The police returned fire and killed the attacker.

God help us, the fascists on the FB groups will be spouting their racist claptrap

It is awful what is happening across Europe but we have survived worse and no doubt will again

We need to stand firm IMHO

Easy for me to say I know

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Another one "known" to the police and under observation, but let roam free.

Hopefully, now that a police officer paid with his life, they would stop the pc craziness and get the other terrorists.

We should learn from this in Uk.

We already lost a police officer to the hands of a madman, we should act severely right now.

Another one "known" to the police and under observation, but let roam free.

Hopefully, now that a police officer paid with his life, they would stop the pc craziness and get the other terrorists.

We should learn from this in Uk.

We already lost a police officer to the hands of a madman, we should act severely right now.

So I guess you are suggesting the internment of everyone who may be a threat, or has very been investigated as may be being a threat?

I can not for the life of me see how standing up and saying no to that is PC craziness

Yet again inaccurate and jumping to conclusions. It has yet to be confirmed this was islamic terrorism.The people in question were known to the police and had been seen as a POSSIBLE radical

Consider myself a radical due to my previous Trade Union affliliation. Doe that mean i am to be put under 24 hours surveillance??

You cannot subject people to what might happen without specific evidence to support that action. That is Fascist Ideology.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Look what happened to the Japanese American citizens during the second world war and internment

Edited by obiter dictum

This terrorist had written on Facebook that he was gonna target police officers.

The police knew about this but couldn't act because of human rights.

Apparently making such a threat on social media is deemed "bragging" rather than terrorism and freedom of speech protects the criminals.

This terrorist had written on Facebook that he was gonna target police officers.

The police knew about this but couldn't act because of human rights.

Apparently making such a threat on social media is deemed "bragging" rather than terrorism and freedom of speech protects the criminals.

Where did you get this gem of information from?

Do you actually know what the legislation is that protects freedom of speech?

Obviously I can not comment of French law however in the UK the Human Rights Act 1998 sets out the protections of freedoms of expression

Freedom of expression

1 Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

2 The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

You might want to take note of the but I've highlighted

fletch

that was pointed out before to king etc. but it seems it has fallen on deaf ears, too busy jumping on bandwagons blaming the HRA etc. :)

(as a matter of fact, the 'rights' in the hra were in place domestically, via common law, yonks before the hra, and even the echr. and have always been subject to disproportionality. and being able to be trumped re security etc)

the echr (which france is subject to) has similar provision you highlighted.

these events have got nowt to do with the hra/echr.

fletch

that was pointed out before to king etc. but it seems it has fallen on deaf ears, too busy jumping on bandwagons blaming the HRA etc. :)

(as a matter of fact, the 'rights' in the hra were in place domestically, via common law, yonks before the hra, and even the echr. and have always been subject to disproportionality. and being able to be trumped re security etc)

the echr (which france is subject to) has similar provision you highlighted.

these events have got nowt to do with the hra/echr.

I know but as he has the right to spout such rubbish we need to make sure anyone who ready it seems the accurate view