Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Dec 2007

Default Re: Paris attacks: Dozens dead and hostages held at Bataclan

Quote Originally Posted by tawnyowl View Post

Paris attacks: Live updates as French PM admits he fears new chemical and biological terror attack
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...pdates-6852306
    "New chemical and biological terror attack" ? Has there been such an attack on France ?

If not, why give them ideas ?

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by citizenB View Post
    "New chemical and biological terror attack" ? Has there been such an attack on France ?

If not, why give them ideas ?
    I don't think there has been such an attack, no. But politicians know that the terrorists will already have thought of such things - it's not them he's giving ideas to. He's trying to scare his own electorate.

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post
    I don't think there has been such an attack, no. But politicians know that the terrorists will already have thought of such things - it's not them he's giving ideas to. He's trying to scare his own electorate.
    Well that doesn't make sense ??

Site Team antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone Authoritative antone's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2009

Politicians do it all the time. "There's this horrible scary threat out there, but don't worry! Vote for me, and I'll save you!"

The variant we're seeing here in the UK is more or less the same "Don't vote for that scary man! He'll let nasty people kill you!"

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl Authoritative tawnyowl's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Paris attacks: Hollande to intensify air strikes in Syria and Iraq
    Latest updates and up to date links.And video

The controversial French writer and intellectual Michel Houellebecq has issued a harsh critique of François Hollande, saying that the French president and decades of French leaders before him had failed in their fundamental mission of keeping France safe

With almost unanimous support from Republicans and 47 Democrats voting in favour, the House approved by 289 votes the American Security Against Foreign Enemies Act, which would require the secretary of homeland security, the FBI director and the director of national intelligence to each certify that a refugee was not a threat to national security before they were admitted to the United States.

Kuwaiti authorities have arrested members of an Isis cell that “supplied funds and weapons, including rockets, to Islamic State

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...enis-raid-live

The Latest Issue of ISIS's Magazine Is As Terrible As You'd Think http://mojo.ly/1HYCkoV

Video tells Western politicians they are accessories to murder if they knowingly import jihadists/refugees
    Paul Weston, chairman of Liberty GB, talks candidly about the attacks in Paris, and how our politicians are complicit in the deaths of those hundreds of innocent civilians.
    Everyone has a view of things.

A deeper look at Liberty GB
    http://tellmamauk.org/liberty-gb/

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2008

paris 'shooting' in the champs
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39662315

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    obiter dictum Informative obiter dictum Informative obiter dictum Informative

Cagger since : Oct 2013

A car stopped at 102 Champs-Elysees, in front of a police van, ministry spokesman Pierre Henry Brandet said. A man emerged from the car and opened fire on the police van with an "automatic weapon," he said. The police returned fire and killed the attacker.

Gold Account Holder fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative

Cagger since : Dec 2012

God help us, the fascists on the FB groups will be spouting their racist claptrap

It is awful what is happening across Europe but we have survived worse and no doubt will again

We need to stand firm IMHO

Easy for me to say I know

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

Another one "known" to the police and under observation, but let roam free.
    Hopefully, now that a police officer paid with his life, they would stop the pc craziness and get the other terrorists.
    We should learn from this in Uk.
    We already lost a police officer to the hands of a madman, we should act severely right now.

Gold Account Holder fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative fletch70 Highly informative

Quote Originally Posted by king12345 View Post
    Another one "known" to the police and under observation, but let roam free.
    Hopefully, now that a police officer paid with his life, they would stop the pc craziness and get the other terrorists.
    We should learn from this in Uk.
    We already lost a police officer to the hands of a madman, we should act severely right now.
    So I guess you are suggesting the internment of everyone who may be a threat, or has very been investigated as may be being a threat?

I can not for the life of me see how standing up and saying no to that is PC craziness

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    obiter dictum Informative obiter dictum Informative obiter dictum Informative

Cagger since : Oct 2013

Yet again inaccurate and jumping to conclusions. It has yet to be confirmed this was islamic terrorism.The people in question were known to the police and had been seen as a POSSIBLE radical

Consider myself a radical due to my previous Trade Union affliliation. Doe that mean i am to be put under 24 hours surveillance??

You cannot subject people to what might happen without specific evidence to support that action. That is Fascist Ideology.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Look what happened to the Japanese American citizens during the second world war and internment

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

This terrorist had written on Facebook that he was gonna target police officers.
    The police knew about this but couldn't act because of human rights.
    Apparently making such a threat on social media is deemed "bragging" rather than terrorism and freedom of speech protects the criminals.

This terrorist had written on Facebook that he was gonna target police officers.
    The police knew about this but couldn't act because of human rights.
    Apparently making such a threat on social media is deemed "bragging" rather than terrorism and freedom of speech protects the criminals.
    Where did you get this gem of information from?

Do you actually know what the legislation is that protects freedom of speech?

Obviously I can not comment of French law however in the UK the Human Rights Act 1998 sets out the protections of freedoms of expression

Freedom of expression

1 Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
    2 The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidenceicon, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.
    You might want to take note of the but I've highlighted

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative Ford Authoritative

fletch
    that was pointed out before to king etc. but it seems it has fallen on deaf ears, too busy jumping on bandwagons blaming the HRA etc.
    (as a matter of fact, the 'rights' in the hra were in place domestically, via common law, yonks before the hra, and even the echr. and have always been subject to disproportionality. and being able to be trumped re security etc)
    the echr (which france is subject to) has similar provision you highlighted.
    these events have got nowt to do with the hra/echr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    fletch
    that was pointed out before to king etc. but it seems it has fallen on deaf ears, too busy jumping on bandwagons blaming the HRA etc.
    (as a matter of fact, the 'rights' in the hra were in place domestically, via common law, yonks before the hra, and even the echr. and have always been subject to disproportionality. and being able to be trumped re security etc)
    the echr (which france is subject to) has similar provision you highlighted.
    these events have got nowt to do with the hra/echr.
    I know but as he has the right to spout such rubbish we need to make sure anyone who ready it seems the accurate view

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Quote Originally Posted by fletch70 View Post
    I know but as he has the right to spout...

not if he (and the planks doing these atrocities) gets his/their way. no one will have any 'rights' to do such at all....

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Blah, blah, blah.
    Same old, same old.
    A lot of good communist words from champagne sippers and little action.
    These individual must be stopped at all costs, even at cost of depriving them of their human rights as someone rightly highlighted in red.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Blah, blah, blah.
    Same old, same old.
    yep, from yourself.
    all yr posts say blame human rights, blame the eu. blame pc correctness..without any substance, as usual.
    yet, you want those same rights yourself. well sort of.
    the more you want control, the more you'll be just like how they want you to be.
    as has been said, an individuals rights can already be trumped in the name of security. so whats your point there

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    yep, from yourself.
    all yr posts say blame human rights, blame the eu. blame pc correctness..without any substance, as usual.
    yet, you want those same rights yourself. well sort of.
    the more you want control, the more you'll be just like how they want you to be.
    as has been said, an individuals rights can already be trumped in the name of security. so whats your point there
    All correct apart from "I want these same rights myself".
    I stated many times that I am happy to give away my human rights if it saves lives and for the common welfare.
    I stand by that.
    Monitor me, follow me, read all my emails and texts, listen to my conversations and install CCTV in my house; if it's for national security I accept and support it.

Basic Account Holder tobyjugg2 Highly informative tobyjugg2 Highly informative tobyjugg2 Highly informative tobyjugg2 Highly informative tobyjugg2 Highly informative tobyjugg2 Highly informative tobyjugg2's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2009

All correct apart from "I want these same rights myself".
    I stated many times that I am happy to give away my human rights if it saves lives and for the common welfare.
    I stand by that.
    Monitor me, follow me, read all my emails and texts, listen to my conversations and install CCTV in my house; if it's for national security I accept and support it.
    I would suggest you move to North Korea then

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details