HBOS Marbles Card - Unpaid & Lost PPI Plevin Cheques

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi martin2006

Appologies for such a late response but I have suffered with Arthuritis in both hands, I have been unable to pick up or hold anything for about two weeks

Answer to your question is yes, I sent it on Wednesday this week and have given them 21 days to respond as I have provided them with my email address. I have no doubt that they will not respond and hope that I am taking the mickey, but let them think that.

After reading some of the threads re: NewDay Cards it looks like they are automatically rejecting every claim in the hope people will give up.

Will keep the thread up dated when / if I get a reply

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Having problems sending email to F.O.S. Must go by email due to my location.

Currently the address I have just keeps telling me that they are unable to deilver.

Can anyone advise of the email address please.

Many thanks/

FOS website

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx,

That is the one I have been using sending an attached PDF copy of a letter that I received from the FOS.

After around a dozen rejects I eventually copied and pasted the contents into an email and as yet (3 days later) it has not been rejected.

Many thanks for looking in. Appreciated

how large was the attachment?

I've known the site to reject anything larger that a couple of meg 8MEG is the max or used to be

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 9 months later...

After reviewing everything above back last year I sort of lost my way and it was put on the back burner.

I have this year to have a go at reclaiming the PPI, however there are a couple of questions that I need clearing up.

1 .. I use the compensatory spreadsheet CISSHEET101. X's

2 .. when I get to the LBA the total claimed will include stat Interest?

3 .. is the stat interest claimed on just the PPI payments or both Above!

4 .. should Newday defend and it goes to a hearing I would be unable to attend ... distance ... so I have a proposition.

Proposition

Would one of the well informed PPI guys attend court for me, I would obviously make restitution of lost earnings etc. plus 10% of the award (after tax) being donated to the CAG.

If you live in sorsogon (Bicol) region permantly then you may need a local uk solicitor (is it worth it) or you could fly up on PAL /Cebu Pacific from legaspi over volcano to MNL then to LHR and back ..

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Live in Bitano, Albay.

Considered using that in my LBA with the hope that they would give in

but I see they defend all their PPI claims in court unless it's 95% certain of losing.

Bing not able to attend would give them the impetus to defend in court

I have a question with reference to interest and PPI

I understand that PPI is calculated after interest has been added, this is where I may have a problem. My ex partner was drawing cash from ATM's which was of course at a higher rate than purchases so I now have two interest rates on the statement. I have calculated the compound interest on the purchases, but ... how do I calculate such on the cash advances or ... is it advisable to leave this well alone.

Current value of claim is £8,500+ without adding th 8% statutory interest

• 2 weeks later...

CISheet v101 Final (CAG).xls

Okay chaps, have not bothered with the split on cash drawn. Can some one have a quick look at the spreadsheet and advise or whatever.

Also have the LBA done, again any comments, good, bad or indifferent taken in

LBA Copied and pasted

Dear sir or madam

Reference: Marbles Payment Protection Insurance

MasterCard Account Number XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

As it has not been possible to resolve this matter amicably, and seemingly apparent court action may be necessary, I write in compliance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct.

On the DD May 2004 you provided me with a regulated Marbles MasterCard Credit Card with Payment Protection Insurance (PPI). At the time of opening I was not made aware of the exclusions, either by written, verbal or digital means and continued to pay PPI premiums until the account was defaulted, closed, and sold

From you I am claiming …

• £ 1,050 : PPI Payments made

• £ 6,200 : Restitution

• £ 5,100 : 8% Simple interest

• £12,350 : Total

I confirm that I may be agreeable to mediation and would consider other systems of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in order to avoid the need for this matter to be resolved by the courts. I would invite you to put forward any proposals in this regard.

In closing, I draw your attention to section II (4) of the Practice Direction which gives the courts power to impose sanctions on the parties if they fail to comply with this direction, including failing to respond to this letter before claim.

I look forward to hearing from you within 21 days. To respond (by email) from the date of this letter I have approved the use of my personal email account [email protected] to expedite matters quickly and to ensure delivery of such.

Should I not receive a response to my letter within this period then I anticipate that court action will be commenced without any further reference to NewDay Cards Limited and without further delays.

Yours faithfully,

Mr British Expat

Was wondering that if they rake it into a court hearing if I could ask the court for a costs order as I would need to return from SE Asia (value £1,500+) or my offer still stands from earlier in June

not sure on that spreadsheet and what you've done?

you cant claim +£5k in rest int if you never paid that in the first place

you can only claim their int rate whilst you were charged it.

and they

small claims up to £10.000 over that is a different kettle of fish - restitution careful there these days you would be lucky and cannot claim that old red herring?, 8% award by a court more like, they battle all the way , by the way excel will not open your document.

Their interest rate up to the time of default issued. no doubt for any chance of restitution? sure others will know more in that area.

sure others will comment also, as for coming from Bicol to attend court - warning do not get flippant at this stage as courts could put sanctions on you let alone the defendant,,

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Dx100

May need to download to PC first then open. Saved to Excel 97-2003 format

Many thanks for feed back. Now understand where I went wrong. Have now uploaded the corrected spreadsheet. Sp O now know what I need to change on the LBA

gain, any comments good, bad or ugly welcomed

PS there were five interest rates with the biggest at 35.9%

Old Cogger

Would never have asked for a costs order as I will always find someone to stand for me.

I have great respect for the British courts system

CISheet v101 Final V1 (CAG).xls

CISheet v101 Final V1 (CAG).xls

not sure what you are calculating, well I am

stupid int on ppi that you never paid in the first place

you need to use the fosrunning sheet at their avg APR int rate over all the years you had an active account.

then the sheet will do the 8% for you to till today

you've wasted hours doing that and its total BS ..sorry.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

and they

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To admin

First Appologies for such a late response but I have suffered with Arthuritis in both hands, I have been unable to pick up or hold anything for about two weeks

Is it possible to delete all the garbage from 21 down as I have been around in circles and got seriously lost in what I have been doing. I have replace all the garbage with the next post (I hope)

• 11 months later...

Hi.

I have come back to this thread but maybe I should not have.

And started a new one.

Back last year I submitted a LBA early October and Marbles responded that it was not a PAP Letter and they ignored it.

But things have moved on and this was forgotten until clearing out my cloud drive

Because of the postal situation here I sent the new PAP Letter with other paperwork registered to arrive April 27th. It arrived 25 April

I gave Marbles 30 days to respond plus 14 extra days for return delivery

They have failed to respond.

I am now in the process of issuing court paper & could someone please take a look at my draft POC and give me some serious feedback

Many thanks

In Between: Mr x and

NewDay Cards T/A Marbles Credit Cards

--------------------------------

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

--------------------------------

0. The defendant has failed to respond to a PAP Letter Before Claim despite having 30 days plus 14 extra days for delivery of response

1. The Claimant opened a Consumer Credit Agreements with Marbles MasterCard on 12th May 2004 with the account number XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX which was a Credit Card Agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I will refer to this as the “Agreement"

2. The Agreement included Payment Protection Insurance (“PPI”) which was taken out at the time by ticking a website tick box

3. The Claimant contends that the PPI relating to the Agreement was only purchased as a result of none or inconclusive advice provided on the website at the time of the Agreement and the claimant puts the defendant to strict proof of this being supplied either verbally, by post or by any other means.

4. At the time the Office of Fair Trading stated that “PPI protects borrowers' ability to maintain repayments and should help them avoid getting into debt should they be unable to keep up their repayments due to accident, sickness or unemployment.” The Claimant contends that the PPI sold in relation to the Agreement was never capable of meeting those requirements, and that the policies were mis-sold.

5. The Claimant contends that the PPI relating to the Agreement was not suitable for purpose because the claimant had at the time, a long-standing ongoing medical problems

6. Based on this, and further contentions outlined below, the Claimant believes that the advice given by the website was in fact fraudulent, and therefore a breach of common law, in that the representation of the product’s suitability was either made

Knowingly, or Without belief in its truth, or Recklessly, careless whether it be true or false. I refer the court to the judgement given by Lord Herschell (Derry v Peak (1889) 14 App Cas 337).

7. The Claimant contends that there was no information provided written, verbal or electronic of alternative options, or comparative costs of similar PPI products from other suppliers. The claimant puts the defendant to the burden of strict proof of such being provided by the defendant

8. The Claimant contends that it was never explained that the PPI would attract interest

9. The Claimant contends that the Defendant has been given ample opportunity to seek a resolution to the matters raised in this claim, and their outright refusal to even enter into discussions is a clear breach of the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000.

10. The Claimant seeks damages and other sums, as listed below, against the Defendant under Common Law, and/or section 2 of the Misrepresentation Act 1967, and/or section 140B of the Consumer Credit Act 1974:

PPI Premiums actually paid totalling £x,xxx

Restitution on the PPI premiums totalling £x,xxx

Statutory interest at 8% per annum totaling  £7.23

The Claimant believes that the facts stated in these Particulars of Claim are true facts

• 8 months later...

Good day all

Can anyone confirm when Marbles CC ceased to be a legal entity please

i ask as i live in SE Asia and have submitted a PPI claim but the Lawyers are trying to strike out as claim is against an entity that no longer exists

Although i have communications from BOS from a PAP letter dated Oct 2019 and supposdly paid out the Plevin part of the claim.

Also need address to write to as the Plevin part state cheques sent Oct 31 but not received 

many thanks for your tome

Scan up the letter to pdf

read upload

and they

you mean capquest

if the debt has been sold

why have you sent the pap reply to marbles?

surely this came from capquests pet solicitor?

and they