• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NCP PCN - Asda, Cardiff Bay - DCBL DCA sending out letter with enforcement fees on them!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They were approved for a full licence in May 2013 and their next maintenance payment isn't due until 2018 so it must have applied for full permission before then

The old OFT database is still active although not updated.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the Parking Signs state that Penalty charges may be transferred to third party for debt collection?

Because surely, the parking companies are on a sticky wicket otherwise, passing private data on without authorisation from the debtor, its not like DCA's collecting bank debts for example, since the Debtor will have signed an agreement which will have included the fact that debts could be sent to third parties.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope they do say penalty charges....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do the Parking Signs state that Penalty charges may be transferred to third party for debt collection?

Because surely, the parking companies are on a sticky wicket otherwise, passing private data on without authorisation from the debtor, its not like DCA's collecting bank debts for example, since the Debtor will have signed an agreement which will have included the fact that debts could be sent to third parties.

Need someone to post up one of the signs in the Car Parks patrolled by these fleecers, to see T & C's

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you read the DPA it allows the data controller or processor to pass on the details for debt recovery or the like.

Now where it COULD go wrong for these muppest is where they are chasing the keeper of a vehicle

when they havent determined any liability under the PoFA that allows them to do so

NGP dont use PoFA in their claims of breach of contract to motorists

and generally they cant as their protocols are not compliant.

That is something to shove down their throats if possible but

I very much doubt if anyone will get to court to stick it to them

so it is back to a few more letters to the MoJ and the ICO about attempted fraud,

unlawful processing of data etc. which will be carefully ignored

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. I have been reading this thread with interest

My wife has also been receiveing letters from a result of Parking in ASDA Leckwith Cardiff.

Friday she recieved a letter "Notice of Debt transfere" from dcbl. for £160.

This has gone down from the previous letters by £30 from Wright Hassle Solicitors.

I have today contacted Cardiff Trading Standards and put through to the Advise Centre.

I discussed the amateur forms and requests to them, (regarding parking in disable bay.)

Their advice was that it was Lawfull and I had to Pay ?.

Now I am at a loss what to do. ?

contact the advice center again and ask them to send it to you in writing. as it shows on this site that they are NOT lawful .and then i contact the manager of the trading standards and ask why they are telling ppl they have to pay .

read the thread and there is plenty of advice ..

im sure there are other guys on here will tell you a lot more than i can.(as im still worried ill start getting these new letters too )

Thanks,

I have been given a Ref No. by them so it should be easy to follow up.

I have been trying again & again to get through on the phone they must be busy today.

It took ages earlier, I will try tomorrow.

Just to clarify a few things..........

When the first letter arrived (by the way, I still have all documentation )

We have been receiving PPi, India phone calls, computer [problem]mers and [problem] mail constantly since donating on the street and had to change the phones to block them.......

.... SO, with that going on and the fact that the letter was so amateur in its appearance.

As described by a printer on this thread.

I told my wife to ignore it.

Then the WRIGHT HASSALL letters started,

I still thought it to be a [problem].

ie "Right Hastle" !!!

Then lastly the dcbi letter came and again poor copy which made me think of a made up form.

My wife then became frightened and I found this site which had exactly the same problem as myself .

All the time I had these doubts and to be honest I should have done more but with what we had contended with let it go

So there is blame on me somewhere.

Sorry to go on but now you have the full facts.

Thanks again. Rob

The date of notice was 24th March 2015 and for parking in disabled bay of Asda Leckwith Cardiff.

of which my wife was entitled as it is where she takes her 98 year mother shopping once every week

she cannot remember if she put the badge in the window or left it on the seat as her mother is very frail

and has just gone into care home.

So to be honest she always displays but there have been occasions when she has left it on the seat

because of the situation with her mother.

the guy who gives out the ticket wont looking the car .

as he stands about 10 ft away and if he cant see it then you get a ticket ..

. as my badge was on the lower dash (my car has two bash boards)

and as it was not on the top one he gave me a ticket

..i seen him take the photo of the car as i was walking back top the car with the ticket on the windscreen .

. then the photo you see on there site the ticket is missing ...???

as i taken the ticket off the car screen and went back in to asdas (that was the last shop i was in ) with my blue badge .

. so im guessing he went back to the car and taken it again this time the car had no badge ....

so if its on the seat he not going to care he wants his commission from the ticket ...

......even tho they tell you they dont get any ..BS do they

Send them a picture of the BB, and remind them that even if not displaying, fact yoU have badge is sufficient and they are breaching the Equalities Act 2010 as enforcing the ticket is probably failing to make a Reasonable Adjustment of allowing use of the bay under the Act .

BB is not mandatory on private land, so they will rely on small print to impose a charge for unbadged.

Needs a challenge to these stores and the parasite PPC under the Equalities Act.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi All,

My wife is in a panick now because I have come on here asking advice

having been told by the Council to pay the fine.

She thinks we should just pay up to let it go away

she does not want to go to Court or get put on debt list etc.

I have not let her contact them, as once you do the door is wide open for them to take advantage.

A straight and honest request to you out there do you think we should give in to these parasites.

it is not a fine

cant see why the council are stating pay it.

If this was march 2015 DCBL are purely willy waving

let it run.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my ticket is June 2014 .so they just string it out .

its not for the council to say as its nothing to do with them ..

... you have to pay the council or police tickets UNLESS they are wrong

..but private land tickets no

... they just keep bulling you to pay .

so id say no dont pay it like many on here with say the same...

.. they are just a bunch of [problem]mers hoping some one will cave in and pay .

. as if you pay it £160 that will pay for hundreds of other letters to other ppl .

. as there are many out there i guess who will pay straight away as they will think they have to ...

• 3 weeks later...

Just and update to the DCBL letters that I receive before Christmas, it has all when dead since.

I agree with everyone, these letters are completely illegal.

Thanks to this group, it saved me at least 500 pounds. :-)

As predicted!

Please keep an eye on your post though as this may not be over.

NGP could still take further action if they suddenly have a brain freeze,

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have read through this thread and have received a letter from dcbl in the last few weeks. It is no longer called notice of enforcement, it's now a notice of debt recovery (1st letter). I received it from parking in a northern parking services car park outside of a hotel where you needed a permit- I received the ticket y the time I parked up, checked in and received my permit.

I cannot see the MoJ logo but on the reverse side of the letter, it states the case is not subject to high court or bailiff action.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi and welcome to CAG

I do feel you should start a new thread as you will get missed otherwise.

When you do, please read this thread and answer accordingly

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket&p=4883055&viewfull=1#post4883055

So DCBL are bottom feeding now despite their infamy in the Can't Pay We'll Take It Away rubbish on TV.

If they are acting as debt collectors and from the statement on their paperwork it seems they are you can ignore them and they have no powers.

Provide the info on the Private Parking Charge that you received though, it may show that the PPC cannot chase you as the registered keeper.

It would be interesting to know which comany they are trading as in this instance as they have 2 Limited companies (see below).

I would imagine it would be DCBL but the FCA are usually pretty hot on bailiff/HCEOs having anything enforcement related printed on literature that is sent to debtors. The fact that DCBL seem to use headed paper with the references to Bailiff, High Court Enforcement, Can't Pay We'll Take it Away, Channel 5 and The MoJ is pretty surprising. Having siad that they seem perfectly happy to wear fake Police outfits and flout the law on evictions./enforcement.

Direct Collection Bailiffs Ltd trading as DCBL

(Postcode: CW8 4EE)

Consumer Credit Interim No. 652997 (Previously IP registered)

FCA Licence No: 702566

Direct Collections Limited

(Postcode: CW8 4EE)

Consumer Credit Interim No. 512588

• dx100uk changed the title to NCP PCN - Asda, Cardiff Bay - DCBL DCA sending out letter with enforcement fees on them!