style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi first I am sorry aboute my badly English.

I just want to help me

. if somebody here receive soon a envelope from this RLP.

I want to know if have some stamp on the envelope and other people can understand want is this letter.

because I don't want my housemate know aboute this.

I am so shame.

I cant sleep

cant eat I am not going to work just stay and wait for a postman.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

First of all, please try and not to stress over this.

RLP have been known to put their name within a franking mark on their envelopes but I haven't heard of any recently.

Before we go any further, can you give an outline of what happened. were the police involved?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

before a week I was in tkmaxx

because I have more items I put some in my bag blouse start to fall down

. I look around the shop and take some more things and go to pay

but I really forgot about this things in my bag

when I go to the exit one man come and took me to the security room.

They take everything out from my bag and I understand what's happening.

It is was more than50 pound and they call to police.

When they come just give me a penalty fare for90£

but the security man tell me that I will receive the letter from RLP.

I am really crazy.

I am never do all my friend know my like good person and now if they know!!!

if my landlord see this letter I will lose my room here

I am in biggg stores if somebody can show me the photo of this envelope I will so thankful

Here is the image I have of an envelope.[ATTACH=CONFIG]59986[/ATTACH]

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

On to other matters. The police have dealt with you via the fixed penalty notice so their involvement is at an end.

RLP will send you letters (hopefully without the franking mark) and this will generally go on for quite some time.

The only people that can take COUNTY court action is TKMaxx and to be honest, I haven't heard a thing about any court cases.

County court cases are CIVIL matters not CRIMINAL therefore by ignoring RLP will do no harm to you whatsoever.

are you sure I have to ignoring this letter

. I just want to made what I have to do I forgot aboute this things,

because is really stresfull for me.

I really hope my housemate don't see this franking mark.

RLP may not frank the envelope and even if they did, what do they think will be inside. For all they know you could be getting information on the company.

Please have a read of this thread I made

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean-Reviewed-September-2015&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

To be clear, ONLY the store can take any action. Retail Loss Prevention will be acting for TKMaxx and as such can only state what 'MAY' happen, not what will. Their letters are designed to be scary but if you read them in their true context, they are not so much.

You are likely to receive anywhere between 4 and 6 letters from RLP with at least one informing you that taking advice from internet forums is not the way to be dealing with this.

Once RLP are finished their chase, they will employ a debt collector who has as much power over you as I do. (NONE)

All of these letters can be safely ignored. The only time to get concerned is if County Court Papers turn up but that is not going to happen as TKMaxx do not do court. In fact, NO store that uses RLP as their agent will go to court. The reason!

In 2012, a Retailer - v - a couple of teenage girls lost a high profile court case and since that time, no other court cases have occurred.

You did what you did, You have been punished by the police. Job done. RLP can get lost.

I have heard that the first letter appears within the first two weeks but as they don't have that many staff, it could be longer if they have a lot of work to get through.

Incidentally, I did contact the Information Commissioner about the franking issue and they stated that it wasn't in breach of the Data Protection Act as it was the contents that mattered.

If you want them to send post to a different address, the best way is to write to them.

If you do write, you should state;

"I acknowledge no liability to you nor any company you claim to represent"

Get a free proof of posting from the post office.Agree with the phone call option. Record them and you don't need to tell them either.I feel you may be too late to do this now as your address is now in the system and it is already likely that a letter is already on its way. Any further letters would end up at the address you wish to them to contact you.

Why are you stressed? Stop it. They cant touch you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Totally ignore rlp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...