MyHermes put wrong label on my parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I used MyHermes to return a parcel to Amazon. After the tracking hadn't updated for a week, I tweeted them to find out what was going on and got a reply that Amazon makes them wait 4 hours to accept delivery so they couldn't deliver it. They were going to return it to me. A few days later a parcel turned up that my wife signed for. On inspection, it isn't the one I sent out, but was also originally addressed to Amazon. It had a sticker slapped on it with my address, so it seems pretty obvious that the MyHermes agent had mixed these two parcels up.

After a very frustrating run of messages back-and-fore where the customer service agents continually failed to grasp what had happened, they have eventually announced that they will give me £25 credit as compensation. The parcel I was returning contained goods worth £110. I also have someone else's parcel that MyHermes have said they will collect, but haven't done so.

I don't have my refund from Amazon or the product I was returning. Any thoughts on where I go from here please? Thanks!

Yeah, it was MyHermes. I sent it back myself. If Amazon and MyHermes don't want to play nice with each other then that's not good for the customer, but up to them. My problem is that MyHermes then carelessly (negligently?) stuck the return label on the wrong parcel and have lost my parcel as a result :(

Yeah, it was MyHermes. I sent it back myself. If Amazon and MyHermes don't want to play nice with each other then that's not good for the customer, but up to them. My problem is that MyHermes then carelessly (negligently?) stuck the return label on the wrong parcel and have lost my parcel as a result :(

" If Amazon and MyHermes don't want to play nice with each other then that's not good for the customer, but up to them" ; True, but Amazon can say

a) they haven't received the return

b) MyHermes are your agents, not Amazon's

c) Amazon offer a number of return options, which you haven't taken up

In the absence of Amazon receiving the return, the courier being their agent, or you using their return system : expect Amazon to say it is a matter between you and your chosen courier, even if MyHermes try to blame Amazon.

If MyHermes couldn't deliver it - they should have returned it to you.

I'm not complaining about the original non-delivery. Amazon have made it awkward for the courier and I just rolled my eyes at that - like I said, bad for the customer but up to them.

However, the courier said that Amazon have made them wait too long (even though they've delivered parcels to Amazon for me in the past) and are going to return the parcel to me instead. They messed this up by mislabelling my parcel so they lost it. Would I have any luck with small claims given this? I've never gone down that route before.