Statute Barred Monument Credit Card and PBP

delilahsahb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Monument Credit Card and was receiving statements from them on a monthly basis. At the beginning of this year they passed the debt on to a DC who I wrote to and claimed the debt is Statute Barred (it was over 7 years since last payment had been made and I live in Scotland anyway). I haven't heard from the DC since (about 3 months now)

Last month monument sent me a letter asking if I wanted to claim PBP, as I am disabled and was unable to work when I took the credit card out, I sent them an email to stake my claim on the 9th Sept which they have acknowledged.

Can they offset any PBP against a statute barred debt and send it to the DC?? Im pretty sure they said the debt had been sold to Capquest.

All advise is welcome :)

Can they offset any PBP against a statute barred debt and send it to the DC?? Im pretty sure they said the debt had been sold to Capquest.

All advise is welcome :)

Hi,

I'd very much doubt they could, if the debts been sold I'd think monument have given up all rights to the debt.

As your in Scotland and the debts past it's 5 year statute it no longer exists.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Received a letter from Monument this morning stating that the PBP with interest comes to £2600, if there is any debt on the account they will offset against the balance and basically send a cheque for whatever is left over. Even if a debt has been passed or assigned to another company they will offset against the debt and a cheque will be sent for the remainder.

Given that the debt is statute barred and should no longer exist (Scottish) can they still do that?? I think the debt was around £2100 so I know im in line for a few quid back but if anyone knows where I stand with this so I can be forewarned id appreciate the help :)