Reclaiming bank charges on basis of hardship - Barclays Bank

Gret1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering whether someone might be able to help me. I put in a request for my previous 6 years of statements in order to claim my bank charges back in 2009. I still have the statements and would like to put in a claim as I still fit the category of 'financial hardship'. However, I was wondering if these statements can still be used as proof of charges as after speaking to them today, the bank currently has no records of my account (they only keep 6 years). I also have over 150 pages to send (!) will this be accepted? I closed the account down around 2009.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gret and welcome to CAG

Before you start scanning 150 pages of documents, or sending anything off to the bank, please wait until we have more info.

Read through this thread first - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?451038-Hardship-hsbc-huge-charges-bill&highlight=financial+difficulties+lending+code

Once you've done that, come back and tell us :-

1. When you feel the bank must have known you were having Financial Difficulty.

2. When you have written to the bank about this matter in the past.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)