style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

Been working with a big company for 15 years.

Applied for a shift change through flexi working in August, same hours per week just some different days/hours.

This was denied early sept and same day sent an appeal with evidence showing that in fact for business purposes would benefit the company to my manager as advised by them.

The same day, unknown to me at that time, another person in the company opened another request on my behalf for one of the shifts already requested.

This was denied late sept, on the same day I raised a grievance about procedures not followed as had no acknowledgement of the appeal i raised early sept. I also raised the same appeal on the second request the same day all confirmed received by my manager.

The following week I raised a second grievance for breach of confidentiality - again as protocols was not followed as someone who should not have access to my details did.

So now 4 weeks from my original appeal I have not heard a peep.

Any advice on what i should or should not do would be appreciated.

ILOD

Before progressing

What do you want to achieve? What are your aims and objectives.

Sounds a silly set of questions but helps people give advice based on what you want to try and achieve (And if it is realistic and pragmatic to do so)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

i requested the same sort of thing with my old employer an got the change on the grounds of i was a single parent but they didnt have to go with it, there isnt anything which obliges an employer to grant such requests.

looking from a different angle, is there another employee who would swap shifts with you? that wouldnt have any detrimental effect on the company

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Yes i know but i based it on business needs so i would be more productive on the new hours

don't allow shift swaps and no-one would want too on the current hours anyway

how long would you says is reasonable to hear after raising an appeal or grievance?

Depends on yr company's internal policies but if its raised they should act pretty swiftly

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.