MKDP passed Barclaycard Debt to Robinsons Way for Collection

Marnie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Little bit of advice please.

I have received a letteri today from HPH2 Ltd stating an old barclaycard debt

I have been paying to MKDP LLP for the last two years has been passed onto Robinsons Way who will now be managing my account.

My question is, as I have not received any letter from MKDP LLP confirming this,

should I contact Robinsons to arrange to carry on payments or should I wait to hear from MKDP LLP before making contact.

Also will my monthly direct debiti be transferred automatically or will I have to set a new one with Robinsons.

Dont want to contact them unless I have to.

Also am I correct in thinking that the requested "income/expenditure" request is just that a request and I dont have to comply if I do not wish to.

Thanks for any help/info on this

looks like you are being cash cowed to me

here this mug is paying blindly on an unenforceable debt

you lot have some....

have you ever sent the fleecers you are paying a CCA request?

tell us the history of the card please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Specifically

When was the credit card taken out. Rough Year

Do you have any PPI on the card

Have you been charged any late payments, over limit fees etc

What is the rough balance on the account now.

Defiantly a CCA request.

IF you have PPI and charges, it may be worth sending Barclaycard a Full Subject Access Request

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

At the time I started paying MKDP I didnt ask for CCA request.

I admit I owe the money and have been paying the min I can of £10 month.

Back then I was a a bit green about DCA.

Bit more aware now thats why I asked should I wait till I get confirmation from MKDP.

I dont want to contact Robinsons unless I have too

The amount is about £4K but Im prepared to pay as little as poss for as long as,

I dont care DCA can wait for the money, the little they have bought it for.

Happy to carry on paying the £10 but just wondered shouldnt MKDP have contacted me.

Not just going to roll over with Robinsons and say OK unless I have too.

With the more knowledge I have now on these parasites Im ready for a fight to be honest

Cant stand DCA and their underhand tactics so will be happy for some advice on what the next step is even going for dispute till proof of CCA if I have too.

The debt is not SB until 2017 but I have been paying MKDP so have acknowledged it

Thanks for any advice

I'll need to to re- check for PPI

dont think I did as I have claimed PPI back on other loans

and seem to remember checking an old statement on the card a few years back,

could be charges on there, need to do a bit of digging get the statements out again.

OK do the CCA request. IF the card was taken out before 2007 then they would need the original in court to stand any real chance to enforce it. No CCA, NO PAY! That is why you must do the request. A lot of old agreements had issues with them which means you *might* not owe the money.!!! So CCA to ROBINSONWAY and cease paying anything untill we examine what comes back.

AS for SB, Its 6 years from YOUR LAST PAYMENT//Acknowledgement.

IF you fancy some light reading..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423713-Barclaycard-Link

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

£10 a month!!

I'd be dropping that right down to £1 a month until they come up with enforceable docs.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the reply.

The card was taken out after 2007 unfortunately. Understand the SB now so its not 2017.

RE the CCA request, wouldnt the fact I have been paying MKDP be proof of the debt ??

The direct debit Im paying to MKDP should I cancel this or wait to see if I get a letter from them stating they have sold the debt on ??

thanks

Thanks for the reply.

The card was taken out after 2007 unfortunately. Understand the SB now so its not 2017.

RE the CCA request, wouldnt the fact I have been paying MKDP be proof of the debt ?? - no send them a CCA request

The direct debit Im paying to MKDP should I cancel this or wait to see if I get a letter from them stating they have sold the debt on ??

- await the failure of the CCA request 12+2 working days

thanks

get an sar running to barclaycard

reclaiming time?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whats reclaiming time ??

Thanks for the advice everyone - will send a CCA form off.

just a thought, why would MKDP sell this debt on to this bunch - could it be that it is unenforceable and if it was, they were were getting money each month without question ??

Edited by Andyorch
corrected

ppi penalty charges

unenforceable agreement

or as I said, that they've been cash cowing you for so long they want rid of the debt so's they can say not us guv when the fca finally ban such practices

dx

and they

The letter I received today says "MKDP LLP has assigned all of its respective rights, titles and interest in respect of the above referenced account etc. (including the outstanding balance) to Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd (HPH2LTD)"

Further down the letter it states " HPH2 has appointed Robinson Way Ltd to manage your account". This letter has heading of Notice of Assignment

2nd letter from Robinsons in same envelope states."Thank you for paying your account in instalments, Robinsons Way will be managing your account on behalf of HPH2 Ltd therefore all payments should be made to us instead of (Keynes Collections)" think this is a typing error not keen on letter checking.

Then asks please contact us to discuss your financial circumstances (not likely)

Hi Marnie,

An SAR should be sent to BC and it should show details of all PPI charges and all penalty charges that were levied against the a/c ...............

............ unless you have all the old statements, in which case, check through them carefully to identify and list all reclaimable charges.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

And CANCEL that DD, set up a S/O instead or they'll empty your account at the first sign of trouble.

Never EVER pay a powerless DCA via DD, you have no control over your bank account if you do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Phew!!!

S/O is fine, IMO I wouldn't cancel it straight away, but drop it to £1 a month, or leave as it is, but get that CCA fired off,

then you'll be in a much stronger position to stop payments when they fail to provide.