Blemain right off outstanding amount after threats of legal action

Mark2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our property got repossessed by Cheshire mortgages and after complaining to the ombudsman regarding the way it happened ombudsman said is an issue that they will not get involved and has to be resolved in court basically.

After that we got a call from Cheshire saying they sold the flat and there are several thousands of pounds outstanding but they were willing to work with us and lower the amount to 168 pounds. We told them that we found it strange that they repossessed the property for less money than that (and refusing to accept any settlement offer from us) and now they were willing to write off double that amount.

He kept asking if we are planning to take them to court we said we haven't thought about it yet and that we wanted a full statement of the account and a formal letter with the redemption figure and how they arrived to that amount.

For a few months they kept saying they send it to us we received nothing we told them that they kept saying they will send it again.

Three weeks ago I called them again they said they needed to ask the team that deals with this to re issue a figure because our previous one expired. And that in 5 days we will get a letter.

Today I called them to ask for the documents again and I said o received nothing. The lady on the phone said we owe nothing and the account is closed.

I asked if we will receive a statement and a letter confirming that she said no.

Are all the above normal practices? Anybody who knows more than us maybe can enlighten us?

Thanks

Edited by Mark2012

I would put pen to paper immediately.. something along the lines of..

Dear Sir/Madam (named person)

Head/Registered office

Account references/names

I refer to the telephone conversation with XYZ in respect of the above account.

My understanding of the call was that Blemain are writing off the amount of £ XXXX.

I had asked if this would be confirmed in writing and was astonished to hear that this would not be so.

I request that you respond to this letter immediately in order that there is no misunderstanding of the situation.

Yours etc..

Send to their Registered/Head office address - at the very least obtain a free proof of posting, but if you can afford it, send by a tracked method that will obtain a signature.

It is their legal obligation to send you regular statements and I would think also to provide a breakdown of the £sum they are/were demanding.

You could of course also send them a Subject Access Request - this will cost you £10.00 and they are obliged to respond within 40 days. You should receive anything information in respect of your relationship with the company.

I will just go and find the specific SAR for your purpose.. BRB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb: Please keep us informed of your progress :)

I am bothered by their refusal to acknowledge in writing that they are going to forgo the balance. So I would really be wanting the nuts and bolts of this.

BCOBS

"Our property got repossessed by Cheshire mortgages and after complaining to the Ombudsmanlink3.gif regarding the way it happened ombudsman said is an issue that they will not get involved and has to be resolved in court basically."

You may need to provide background in order for advice to be given

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

"Our property got repossessed by Cheshire mortgages and after complaining to the Ombudsmanlink3.gif regarding the way it happened ombudsman said is an issue that they will not get involved and has to be resolved in court basically."

You may need to provide background in order for advice to be given

Hi there isn't much to say apart from the fact that we were both in another country when the court took place. We then got a call from Cheshire saying they wanted 5k we tried to get into some arrangements with them. They refused. Not sure what else to say.