Hoover Washing Machine - Currys failing customer service again

romi.550
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone Need your Help,

really gutted and depressed

spent £500 to a buy a new washing machine on 17/06/2014, received it on 21/06/2014.

I have discovered that the Washing Machine has the problem.

Electric Motor was burnt and with the toddler in the house I found it very dangerous.You won’t expect that from 16 months old machine,

when I reported to their customer service people they seems delusional about the seriousness of the problem, I found them very rude and intimidating.

Now they want me to pay £119.00 to replace the new motor, I mean you wont expect that to happen with in 16 months of a washing machine, please need advice what to do.

Regards

Who did you purchase the washing machine from?

Was this who you contacted and told you that you'd need to pay?

Or did you go straight to the manufacturer?

Your claim will be against the retailer, not the manufacturer. (Unless they're one and the same)

Also, how did you pay?

If by Credit Card (Or if you paid at least £100 by credit card) then your credit card provider will be jointly liable.

Who supplied the machine to you?

You're quite right that you should expect more from the machine and if it's a burnt out motor then frankly it amounts almost to a write-off.

You are entitled to have a washing machine of satisfactory quality which stays satisfactory for a reasonable period of time.

There is no hard and fast rule as to what is satisfactory and there is no hard and fast rule as to what is a reasonable period of time. These things are based on the opinion of a "reasonable consumer".

It is quite clear that if the washing machine was advertised on the basis that you would only have to spend £119 every 16 months to replace the motor and to keep on using it, then nobody would buy them.

You need to start off by telling us who supplied it and then we can get an idea of the kind of company they are.

At the end of the day if you began a small claim in the County Court for this, you would win hands down and in fact the company would probably put their hands up rather than go to court.

Bringing a small claim in the County Court is extremely easy and we will be happy to help you.

Because you have had nearly one and a half years of use out of the machine, you might be expected to make some kind of contribution to the repair – but I can imagine that it would not be more than about 20%.

Who supplied the machine to you?

You're quite right that you should expect more from the machine and if it's a burnt out motor then frankly it amounts almost to a write-off.

You are entitled to have a washing machine of satisfactory quality which stays satisfactory for a reasonable period of time.

There is no hard and fast rule as to what is satisfactory and there is no hard and fast rule as to what is a reasonable period of time. These things are based on the opinion of a "reasonable consumer".

It is quite clear that if the washing machine was advertised on the basis that you would only have to spend £119 every 16 months to replace the motor and to keep on using it, then nobody would buy them.

You need to start off by telling us who supplied it and then we can get an idea of the kind of company they are.

At the end of the day if you began a small claim in the County Court for this, you would win hands down and in fact the company would probably put their hands up rather than go to court.

Bringing a small claim in the County Court is extremely easy and we will be happy to help you.

Because you have had nearly one and a half years of use out of the machine, you might be expected to make some kind of contribution to the repair – but I can imagine that it would not be more than about 20%.

Hello thank you guys for your quick response I feel relaxed now.

I bought Washing Machine from Curry's

when I contact them they said its well over then 12 months so you contact manufacturer,

When I contacted Hoover they sent an engineer,

he looked at it and said the motor is gone and he can't fix it unless we pay them £119.00 ..

. I contacted their customer services again to complaint but the woman was very rude she said I have to write and put the phone down on me,

atleast you expect it to last couple of years,

Now I need a help please

and yes we paid by credit card.

Yes. It was a pretty certain thing that it was going to be Currys.

Currys are developing a byword for poor customer service and this is typical of their attitude.

Begin by reading our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Make another telephone call or even two to Currys and get all the rubbish their customer service people say down on a recording.

The way to deal with Currys is to threaten to bring legal proceedings and then to bring them – and then they will back down.

Currys are a bunch of bullies. They're trying to go the way that Comet went.

There is clearly something very bad in the Currys policy towards their staff development and also towards customer rights because they do this kind of thing a lot.

Also, they have their own in-house legal department which isn't very businesslike and tends to take these things personally so that if you bring a legal action against them they will try to face you out until the bitter end but generally speaking, they will back down. If they happen not to back down – then don't worry the chances of you losing in a County Court on this are extremely slim. In fact I rate your chances of success is better than 90% – with the possibility of the reduction for 16 months use which I have explained above.

If you are prepared to take the legal action, then read up on small claims in the County Court. We have got lots of advice and lots of guidelines here.

When you understand enough about it – and it's not difficult – then write Currys a letter before action giving them 14 days or you will sue them.

Please understand that you should not write this letter unless you intend to take the action. Don't play a bluffing game. It won't help you. You will only lose credibility.

Send them a letter and at the end of 14 days issue the claim. Spend the 14 days until the deadline preparing your claim – opening up your free account on the MoneyClaim website and getting it all drafted. Is not very difficult and we will help you. On day 15, issue the claim.

Make sure of course before you start that you got everything down in writing and that you got all the information that you need to substantiate your case.

Getting a couple recordings of the Currys customer helpline nonsense will help you.

You'd think a large company like Currys would know better and do better by their customers – but they act like load of small-time cowboys. I have no idea why.

I suggest that next time you think about buying a washing machine from John Lewis who seem to have a near perfect customer services policy

Start tweeting using

@knowhowtohelp in the message and give http://cag.tw/1kqq as the link which will bring them to this page. You never know, they might rouse themselves and take an interest. Don't hold your breathe. Follow my advice.

We have had a response to our tweet. If you contact them please keep us informed as to what happens. Record all calls and don't be lead around by the nose.

This can easily be resolved in 7 days if they have goodwill

2bc24f06031a0ef4ddb0f471ef42a0bb_bigger.jpeg KNOWHOW support Verified account ‏@knowhowtohelp

@Real_CAG Hi, Sorry to hear of an issue. Can I have full details and any pertaining reference numbers please - Tony

5:12 PM - 5 Oct 2015

Also contact your credit card provider

They are equally liab!e under a section 75 claim

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes. It was a pretty certain thing that it was going to be Currys.

Currys are developing a byword for poor customer service and this is typical of their attitude.

Begin by reading our customer services guide and implement the advice there. Make another telephone call or even two to Currys and get all the rubbish their customer service people say down on a recording.

The way to deal with Currys is to threaten to bring legal proceedings and then to bring them – and then they will back down.

Currys are a bunch of bullies. They're trying to go the way that Comet went.

There is clearly something very bad in the Currys policy towards their staff development and also towards customer rights because they do this kind of thing a lot.

Also, they have their own in-house legal department which isn't very businesslike and tends to take these things personally so that if you bring a legal action against them they will try to face you out until the bitter end but generally speaking, they will back down. If they happen not to back down – then don't worry the chances of you losing in a County Court on this are extremely slim. In fact I rate your chances of success is better than 90% – with the possibility of the reduction for 16 months use which I have explained above.

If you are prepared to take the legal action, then read up on small claims in the County Court. We have got lots of advice and lots of guidelines here.

When you understand enough about it – and it's not difficult – then write Currys a letter before action giving them 14 days or you will sue them.

Please understand that you should not write this letter unless you intend to take the action. Don't play a bluffing game. It won't help you. You will only lose credibility.

Send them a letter and at the end of 14 days issue the claim. Spend the 14 days until the deadline preparing your claim – opening up your free account on the MoneyClaim website and getting it all drafted. Is not very difficult and we will help you. On day 15, issue the claim.

Make sure of course before you start that you got everything down in writing and that you got all the information that you need to substantiate your case.

Getting a couple recordings of the Currys customer helpline nonsense will help you.

You'd think a large company like Currys would know better and do better by their customers – but they act like load of small-time cowboys. I have no idea why.

I suggest that next time you think about buying a washing machine from John Lewis who seem to have a near perfect customer services policy

I sent them Email and that's what I received from Hoover people, I'm not paying anything at all....

Please tell me what to do now.

Regards

Dear Mr/Msxxxxxx

Thank you for your email addressed to Mr A Lane, who has authorised this department to respond on his behalf. We were sorry to learn of the issues you have encountered with your appliance. The engineer who attended your appliance today has advised that the appliance is repairable, however you have declined a repair due to the labour charges. On this occasion and as a gesture of our concern and goodwill we are able to offer you a repair at 50% labour, which will then cost you £59.50.

On receipt of your approval to the above proposal we will make the appointment arrangements with the service contact centre.

Under the sale of goods act, your contract remains with the retailer. This act has been in force in the UK for many years, and while there have been recent amendments to the act this clause remains basically unchanged.

We trust the above will offer assistance to you, and assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Regards

Gwen Johnson

Correspondence Leader

On & behalf HooverCandy Customer Services UK

Sent: 05 October 2015 16:15

To: [email protected]

Cc: [email protected]

Subject: Hoover Machine Complaint

Hoover LTD

Reference: XXXXXXXx

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

On 17/06/2014 I bought a Hoover Washing Machine xxxxxxxxxx, received it on 21/06/2014. I have discovered that the Washing Machine has the problem. Electric Motor was burnt and with the toddler in the house I found it very dangerous. You won’t expect that from 16 months old machine, when I reported to your customer service people they seems delusional about the seriousness of the problem, I found them very rude and intimidating.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. As you are in breach of contract I am entitled to have the Washing Machine Repaired and I would request that you confirm that you will do this within the next seven days.

I look forward to receiving your satisfactory proposals for settlement of my claim within seven days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

That's what I received from Hoover people, I'm not paying anything at all....

Please tell me what to do now.

Regards

Well you've received advice in my post at number five in this thread – and you have even quoted in your own post.

Additionally, you have received advice from DX about contacting your credit card provider.

Is difficult to know what else to advise you. I don't understand why you are looking for further or different advice.

Hoover are absolutely right, that it is in the responsibility. This is typical of Currys – and I must say other retailers that they pass the buck onto the manufacturer – but this is simply a way of avoiding their proper responsibilities under consumer law.

Actually, Currie should be reported to trading standards – but nobody does and anyway they're probably too big for tradingstandards to take an interest in.

Follow the advice you've been given. Get ready for a bit of a fight against Currys. Don't forget that you may well be required to pay some kind of contribution. It may be that £59 is not so bad given all the circumstances and that you end up with a new motor.