• Tweets

• 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Conservative Party Conference

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

generally. it would be interesting to know whether those that voted in corby actually know/knew of all of his political aims/ideals, whether it was in protest, whether some of the votes were 'infiltrated' as some suggested, whether it is favourable to the cons, how genuine the whole party now is re supporting corby,.....etc. so many questions :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Flag-wagging demagoguery,

no mention of the million using food banks

No mention people dying due to welfare reforms

No mention the 1700 steel workers who lost their job through steel now being purchased from China Via Osbourns latest trade deal

i was under the impression personal attacks on a fellow member of parliament was uncivilised. No matter which side of the house you sit. You expect that in the Daily Mail, but not from an elected member of Parliament.

Seems Corbyn and the SNP have really upset his slim majority

Edited by obiter dictum

the independents comment re #50

'Jeremy Corbyn’s interview with an Iranian television station has been used by Conservative leader David Cameron to attack him – but what did the Labour leader actually say?'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-attacks-jeremy-corbyn-on-bin-laden-remarks-but-what-did-the-then-labour-backbencher-a6684681.html

What a profund, true and rousing speech Cameron made, a true leader of democracy.

"Many words have been written about the new Labour leader, but you only need to know one thing, he thinks the death of Osama Bin Laden was a tragedy.

No!

A tragedy is the death of nearly 3,000 people murdered one morning in New York.

A tragedy is the mums and dads that never came home from work that day.

A tragedy is people jumping from the towers after the plane hit.

My friends, we cannot let that man inflict his security threatening, terrorist sympathising, Britain hating ideology on this country we love."

Now there is a real patriotic leader of this country.

Misrepresentation of what he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-attacks-jeremy-corbyn-on-bin-laden-remarks-but-what-did-the-then-labour-backbencher-a6684681.html

There was no attempt to capture him or put him on trial etc LAW not WAR

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I can't understand you people, you are standing up for a terrorist who murdered thousands. It matters not how someone with more blood on his hands than Hitler was killed, his death was a blessing to this world and has made it a safer place - are you denying that ??

Erm, I do not believe I stated any position on the matter. Mearly that what he said has been taken out of context

And do not re write history, Hitler had more blood on his hands

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

What rubbish, so you another one who disagrees with the killing of Bin Laden.

You all know full well what would have happened if he had been captured, there would have been mass hostage taking and then a demand to swop them for him.

I can't understand you people, you are standing up for a terrorist who murdered thousands. It matters not how someone with more blood on his hands than Hitler was killed, his death was a blessing to this world and has made it a safer place - are you denying that ??

Corbyn is correct. "The solution is law, not war."

Perhaps had they captuted Osama alive, he would have provided useful information and the US could have shown they were willing to follow the law.

And Corbyn has actually been proved right, that if you remove these dictatorial regimes, you might not like what follows. Better to try to use the law that exists and apply diplomatic pressure.

I was in favour of the interventionist type policies and removing people like Saddam and Gadaffi, but it has not worked out very well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It hasn't worked out because there was no follow up plan. Everyone seems now to be afraid to put boots on the ground in a tempory policing manner until a legit government is formed.

In the UK case, we don't have any boots left to put on the ground. There might be a few NAAFI ladies around somewhere but that's about it.

It hasn't worked out because there was no follow up plan. Everyone seems now to be afraid to put boots on the ground in a tempory policing manner until a legit government is formed.

You mean like Iraq and Afghanistan?

How long were US forces on the ground there policing while a government was put in place?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Erm, I do not believe I stated any position on the matter.

same, i just posted up the paper info re what cameron was referring to. i think one point being in the indie that if going to attack someone re what they apparently said, then ensure that such an open attack is based on what that person actually said in context. otherwise, the credibility of the attacker reduces.

I;ll be dragging these threads up again one day and posting in big letters - See, told you so.

My preferred option would be to deal with the situation properly by having an international force which includes muslim soldiers. But western forces don't want to get involved, as there are too many factions and they don't know who they can trust. There would be too many body bags arriving back home for the public to support it.

The UN has proved to be a complete waste of time for many years. Since the problems over Iraq, there does not appear to be any attempt to move resolutions, because they will be blocked by China and Russia.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This twisting of the facts and down right lie even a 6 year old can determine is exactly the reason why people are turned off with politics

What makes it worse is that personal attacks on another elected member of parliament seems to be acceptable in some quarters

And having people blindly believing and following that proven garbage is beyond belief. Even when it is staring them in the face. You would have thought the tories would have learned that lesson with debunking Thressa Mays black cat fiasco

That was also proven to be an outright lie

Edited by obiter dictum

I;ll be dragging these threads up again one day and posting in big letters - See, told you so.

Then we will just have to copy the responses from here back to you yet again Connif, because you already do it when nothing has changed, sadly including your unshakable mistaken beliefs.

Mind you I do believe what the yanks did to Bin Laden was most probably the lesser of many evils despite unquestionably in my mind being nothing short of an illegal terrorist act in a separate sovereign state.

Iraq should have been followed through start to end in one action and would have been entirely 'legal' then - still would have been a horrible mess at the end though.

Libya and Syria are entirely different balances of many evils though.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

And having people blindly believing and following that proven garbage is beyond belief. Even when it is staring them in the face. You would have thought the tories would have learned that lesson with debunking Thressa Mays black cat fiasco

The Tories are in power based on effectively laying the blame for horrendous disasters caused by Tory party policy at Labours door.

The Tories HAVE learned - Labour hasn't.

..and neither have the English masses.

The Tory Legacy

Well i have just tuned into PressTV the Iranian state broadcaster and not a mention, that includes all other news agencies not connected to uncle sam

If these cruise missiles did crash then it would be down to a malfuncion

Mind you uncle sam does need a bit of deflection after bombing that hospital in Syria

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCsQqQIwAWoVChMIv-vE2dCzyAIVxbgUCh0ZIwGp&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2015%2F10%2F08%2Fworld%2Fasia%2Fobama-apologizes-for-bombing-of-afghanistan-hospital.html&usg=AFQjCNHikJ5g6A2PAlx9CNaxeeTC-6dzWg

Mind you cruise missiles bombing Iran has got nothing to do with the tory party conference and is irrelevant. Cannot understand why it was mentioned in the first place

Edited by obiter dictum

Off topic posts removed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Corbyn is correct. "The solution is law, not war."

What, like 200 hours community service ? The IRA was illegal but that didn't stop them. You can't legislate against another country and make their action illegal, there is no punishment you can hand out and sanctions rarely work.

You can't legislate against another country and make their action illegal, there is no punishment you can hand out and sanctions rarely work.

LOL - like 'self-defense' making a drone strike 5000 miles away 'legal' under the UN charter. It would seem that Con-moron wants to whitewash actions as 'legal'.

Real sanctions work - they make take years, but so can regime change, and the mess left may take generations to even start to address.

Real self-defense also works, even if false self defense claims to justify attacks don't.

The Tory Legacy

Im just going to leave this here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3570797/Bin-Laden-should-die-but-we-must-try-him-first.html

Im guessing that makes the Author the same "National Hating, Terrosist loving person" as Corbyn right?