Nationwide - Great Bank

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

Now this is one of the few times where I end up giving some good praise about a bank / building society.

After the terrible (And i mean Terrible) Problems I had with Natwest & RBS, I decided for a change.

In Feb of this year I ended up going to NAtionwide (Out of choice) (Wasn't Pushed)

I signed up online and for some reason it gave me a Flexone, which is a child's account. They asked to see ID so I went into branch and they had realised that they had mucked up.

They went through the process and I ended up complaining to the Complaints office because clearly their system had mucked up.

They asked me what would i Like? I said Id like to Join Nationwide on a long term basis. They then said well... What account do you want.

I said Flexaccount at the time, and with in 30 seconds, it had been changed. I had now completed my switch and fully left the incompetent bank known as RBS Group.

Well there have been a few niggles as to be expected but they were minor. Well as off Thursday this week, NAtionwide said they have authorised an overdraft of quite a substantial amount for me.

Naturally I havent taken it but its so nice when someone actually Says yes and doesnt say NO! Their service is phenomenal and they treat me like a proper customer and not just like another customer.

They are someone I would recommend based upon just how quick and reliable they are/

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 1 month later...

Be very cautious with NW they appear to be making far too many mistakes with their OD facility, with this in mind the claim your credit score is insufficient to have a large OD they then make a demand that they are now reducing it and you have to be under the new limit within 21 days.

A word of warning to customers you may want to consider a parachute account if you have a large OD and cannot afford to repay it on demand, they will reduce it regardless and you could then be paying significant fees. They have a large complex at Swindon that needs to be paid for... Time for me to move again

Also please check if your credit card had a large amount that you have used because once they reduce your OD they then go for the CC reduction on demand...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

MM2002 :)

I am very cautious, with them , Especially after the Lloyds and RBS Group Fiasco, however, Nationwide have been doing pretty well in my view for me.

I know that they are just like any other financial entity.

I would take it easy... IF you want a good Parachute account, COOP does good... So Does Lloyds and Barclays.

I have a credit card with a separate financial entity... So i dont need to worry as much...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I wish I could agree with the comments here. The way we have been treated by Nationwide is disgraceful. They accidentally sent us emails which were very insulting of my family. They have offered us £350 to return the emails but aren't in the slightest concerned about our problem as they are making £1000 per month interest out of us. We are disgusted with Nationwide.