Parking Forum members. An idea!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just putting this out there for now.

On occasion, we get calls for help from people who have been given a ticket in an area where they are unlikely to visit again, such as holiday makers.

We have members from all around the country who could visit these sites to photograph the signs.

If any of you wish to volunteer, can you add the area you live in ( i.e. London, Suffolk, Essex) below then I could then make a new thread with all the info on one post.

All we would need is Photo's of the main information sign(s) and the repeaters around the card park along with a rough estimate of how many signs there are. You could do this whilst shopping at the particular shopping centre or private car park.

I am concentrating on private parking at the moment but there is also an option to include local authority penalties at a later date.

Please have a think and if you can get involved, thank you

Silverfox1961

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Having had time to think on this, an easier option is this:

When you visit a shop or shopping centre as part of your normal routine, if you can spare 5 minutes to photograph the signs, that would be brilliant.

Upload your photos to your PC, save them as pdf's (so that they can be seen clearly) and email them to:

[email protected] (without spaces if any appear)

If your email provider restricts the size of messages and attachments, more than one email may need to be sent.

In the subject line, just put the name of the site in question and the date taken.

None of your personal details will be published on the assumption your real name appears in the email address.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Could we not just have a signage thread where we could upload directly?

Of course that would be the best option but is also fraught with problems. The first being the amount of server space that would be utilised (a lot) then there is the finding of one particular post on a thread that (if it takes off) may contain hundreds of posts. Advance search isn't foolproof either.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good idea of yours, just thinking of the potential problems

Of course that would be the best option but is also fraught with problems. The first being the amount of server space that would be utilised (a lot) then there is the finding of one particular post on a thread that (if it takes off) may contain hundreds of posts. Advance search isn't foolproof either.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good idea of yours, just thinking of the potential problems

Fair enough, but I don't quite get what you're proposing to do silverfox?

You are personally going to receive (hopefully!) hundreds of PDFs of signage that you will catalogue and index?

Then search the forum/catalogue for matches every day/week?

I don't think that is what you mean because that would be a lot of work!

Fair enough, but I don't quite get what you're proposing to do silverfox?

You are personally going to receive (hopefully!) hundreds of PDFs of signage that you will catalogue and index?

Then search the forum/catalogue for matches every day/week?

I don't think that is what you mean because that would be a lot of work!

This is still open to other ideas anyway. There are already many threads on the parking forums where pictures have been uploaded and I could go through each and every one to find them. Luckily, on the main motoring forum, some threads show that there is an attachment which are likely to be photos of the signs. I could then start a thread to show where the photos are.

As this is a consultative period, all ideas are welcome, including yours. You have made some good points.

I don't mind spending time on this.

Or to save all of this hard work would it not be quicker simpler to do the job as the driver? Take photos as you arrive at a ppc carpark? But then again this only applies to driver that have been captured by APR and not issued to screen..

Ideally the law needs to be changed to forbid the use of ANPR by civilian carpark operators . .. Instead give a person a job and do it properly and issue to screen

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

That would be the easiest option. All I am after is the signage ATM so it doesn't really matter whether the site is ANPR or patrolled.

Some photos can be obtained from Google Street Maps but they are usually just the entrance signs as the cars don't usually enter private land.

I found one sign from PE on a site in Scarborough on Google yesterday. The sign was behind a fence and although the terms at the bottom could be seen I doubt anyone could get close enough to read them as they were tiny.

This scheme (if it works) is mainly for those that can't go back to the site to photograph the signs. White Moss Car Park in the Lake district comes to mind as I have seen a few threads where people have been caught by (not so) Smart Parking.

Silverfox...

Reference having a searchable list of signs, I'd be happy to donate the server space to accomplish this. We could then have a list of PPC's, which is then further broken down into areas, and then individual car parks.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Silverfox...

Reference having a searchable list of signs, I'd be happy to donate the server space to accomplish this. We could then have a list of PPC's, which is then further broken down into areas, and then individual car parks.

Thank you for the offer. At the moment, all ideas are up in the air until we can get a better idea of which way is best. If we need it, we'll take it up with you.

Thank you for the offer. At the moment, all ideas are up in the air until we can get a better idea of which way is best. If we need it, we'll take it up with you.

Why not just use instagram linked to a Twitter feed ? You can search on either, if people remember to include the basic info.

Then it is automatic with no admin to collect the information,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have an app on my ipad called padigram which allows me to search for instagram pictures. So if someone tweeted an instagram picture of say # Basingstoke parking meadow lane # private parking, it is searchable on Twitter, instagram, Padigram.

I am no expert on this, but i am sure someone who is, will confirm how this could work. Better to use modern social media apps that are free and don't require admin.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The only slight problem I can see with that, is that signs change over time.

With no one to collate the information, people will/could be looking at out of date signage without realising it.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

You would have to think about the number of signs around the country. Impossible task to do the admin for. Better to have live information on social media which is constantly being added to. People can see the date the image was added. There could be a warning on the account for people to check signs, just in case they have changed.

• 1 month later...