• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

RBS Mastercard / MINT C/Card ppi question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wrong sheet Baz that's for single premium (eg on a loan) you want running credit at rate you were charged upto date of closure 16.6%

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong sheet Baz that's for single premium (eg on a loan) you want running credit at rate you were charged upto date of closure 16.6%

Thanks theoldrouge but I do not have all the statements / approx 6 months missing.

Is there any other spreadsheet that I can use ?

As previously mentioned a bit confused about who has agreed complaint figures. If FOS would it be all premiums plus 8% statutory interest or if RBS would it be premium plus associated interest ?

you would only get 8% if the card balance went into credit

rst of the time its the card rate .

as I'm sure we've discussed before......

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you would only get 8% if the card balance went into credit

rst of the time its the card rate .

as I'm sure we've discussed before......

Thanks dx and yes we probably have but if complaint was up-held by FOS then it would be return of all premiums plus 8% interest per annum to date and no associated / compound interest ?

The reason that I ask is that not only do I have ongoing issues with breakdown of figures but complaint was originally rejected by RBS then up-held by FOS.

Now i didnt have full statements so I couldn't complete the FOS running spreadsheet so therefore I used the one previously attached in which differs to what is being offered.

the only real true one is the fosrunning

but you need all the statements

fos ci will give you a guide figure

so the foscisheet is your best guess

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

16.6 on here

FosCISheet v101.xls

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

surely it runs till they stopped the int on the card

and they

surely it runs till they stopped the int on the card

thanks dx but I stopped paying on or around September 2004.

Interest was eventually frozen through agreement with my Debt Management at the time and passed to DCA.

Statements ceased and received nothing from DCA regarding payments made.

16.6 on here

FosCISheet v101.xls

Have now entered details and figure is near enough correct give or take a few quid.

I have used end date when I last made PPI payment or should it be something else. I also slightly confused as offer details state that amount is refund of premiums plus associated interest to date ?

you need to identify when you were last charged interest

that will be the end date for the foscishet

IMHO you are then entitled to 8% stat int on that figure till they settle.

as you have been deprived of investing said money

dx

and they

you need to identify when you were last charged interest

that will be the end date for the foscishet

IMHO you are then entitled to 8% stat int on that figure till they settle.

as you have been deprived of investing said money

dx

Thanks again dx.

Well this is what I have been disputing with the bank and the FOS adjudicator.

They advised that there was no 8% simple interest applied due to the account never being in credit.

Sorry to ask more questions or sound stupid but are you saying that they should have still applied 8% statutory interest from last interest payment date till they settled ?

They have already added associated interest in which I pressume is the same as compound interest.

Is there a difference between 8% statutory and 8% simple ?

Therefore would the following FOS Redress apply ?

consumers who consistently make the minimum payment each month

Another example where a consumer might have paid a different amount to their credit card account is where the consumer consistently made the minimum contractual credit card payment each month. In that case, it seems likely that instead of paying the same amount to their credit card account without PPI, the consumer might have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum payment rather than the amount they actually paid to their credit card with PPI.

Based on examples of good practice we have seen, the example below shows how a business might set out how it has calculated compensation for a mis-sold regular-premium PPI policy added to a consumer’s credit card where the consumer consistently paid the minimum contractual payment:

what we know

you took out your credit card in January 2003 and took out the PPI policy at the same time;

your credit card balance today is £5,832.91; and

you have consistently paid the minimum contractual payment to your credit card and no extra payments.

what we have assumed

credit card interest at the rate charged on normal purchases applied to the PPI premiums added to your account; and

you would have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum contractual payment to your credit card without PPI.

If you do not think that these assumptions should be used in your circumstances, please let us know why not.

what we have calculated

if you had instead taken out your credit card without the PPI policy, your credit card balance today would be £2,642.94. We know this because we’ve looked at your credit card account from the day it started until now and worked out what the balance would have been without the cost of PPI and any interest and charges you paid as a result of PPI being included on your account; and

the payments you have paid have been slightly higher than the payments we have assumed in our calculation. The difference between the payments you have paid and the payments we have assumed you would have paid to your account without PPI is £518.73.

I only made minimum monthly payments.

PPI policy was cancelled around September 2004.

Complaint up-held by FOS December 2014.

Thanks

Thanks again dx.

Well this is what I have been disputing with the bank and the FOS adjudicator.

They advised that there was no 8% simple interest applied due to the account never being in credit.

Sorry to ask more questions or sound stupid but are you saying that they should have still applied 8% statutory interest from last interest payment date till they settled ?

They have already added associated interest in which I pressume is the same as compound interest.- that's their card int at their rate compounded.

Is there a difference between 8% statutory and 8% simple ?- same thing

Therefore would the following FOS Redress apply ?

consumers who consistently make the minimum payment each month

Another example where a consumer might have paid a different amount to their credit card account is where the consumer consistently made the minimum contractual credit card payment each month. In that case, it seems likely that instead of paying the same amount to their credit card account without PPI, the consumer might have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum payment rather than the amount they actually paid to their credit card with PPI.

Based on examples of good practice we have seen, the example below shows how a business might set out how it has calculated compensation for a mis-sold regular-premium PPI policy added to a consumer’s credit card where the consumer consistently paid the minimum contractual payment:

what we know

you took out your credit card in January 2003 and took out the PPI policy at the same time;

your credit card balance today is £5,832.91; and

you have consistently paid the minimum contractual payment to your credit card and no extra payments.

what we have assumed

credit card interest at the rate charged on normal purchases applied to the PPI premiums added to your account; and

you would have paid the (slightly smaller) minimum contractual payment to your credit card without PPI.

If you do not think that these assumptions should be used in your circumstances, please let us know why not.

what we have calculated

if you had instead taken out your credit card without the PPI policy, your credit card balance today would be £2,642.94. We know this because we’ve looked at your credit card account from the day it started until now and worked out what the balance would have been without the cost of PPI and any interest and charges you paid as a result of PPI being included on your account; and

the payments you have paid have been slightly higher than the payments we have assumed in our calculation. The difference between the payments you have paid and the payments we have assumed you would have paid to your account without PPI is £518.73.

I only made minimum monthly payments.

PPI policy was cancelled around September 2004.

Complaint up-held by FOS December 2014.

Thanks

we've travelled this route several times before......

as far as I am aware you can only use the FOSCISHEET up until the point they stopped charging their card interest.

the fact that you cancelled the PPI makes no odds

the ppi that they charged you will still make part of your outstanding monthly balance until/unless the card is closed.

so thus...until they stopped charging you interest at their rate, you claim it

hence the need for a claim to date on the FOSCISHEET.

SO WHEN WAS THIS... is the card still active? or when was the card CLOSED. or they stopped interest on it???

IF there is a confirmed date when they stopped int, then you are entitled to simple int @ 8% from the day after till they settle

statint sheet

total from FOSCI

entered as one figure

on the day after they stopped int

and they

we've travelled this route several times before......

as far as I am aware you can only use the FOSCISHEET up until the point they stopped charging their card interest.

the fact that you cancelled the PPI makes no odds

the ppi that they charged you will still make part of your outstanding monthly balance until/unless the card is closed.

so thus...until they stopped charging you interest at their rate, you claim it

hence the need for a claim to date on the FOSCISHEET.

SO WHEN WAS THIS... is the card still active? or when was the card CLOSED. or they stopped interest on it???

IF there is a confirmed date when they stopped int, then you are entitled to simple int @ 8% from the day after till they settle

statint sheet

total from FOSCI

entered as one figure

on the day after they stopped int

Thanks again dx and apologies if it's something we have touched on before.

I have quite a few complaints going on at the moment and also variations of offer presentation figures, hence the confusion. I just need some clarity before accepting any offers.

I have completed FOSCISHEET and used end date 6/10/04 when last interest payment made.

Last PPI payment made Sept 2004.

The card is still active as such but interest has been frozen and I pay a monthly agreed repayment plan direct to bank.

So now I do a STATINTSHEET with total from above from 6/10/04 to date ?

Thanks

claim to date should be left to auto update

=()TODAY I think is the formula

and they

when they refund the ppi the balance on your ac will still be £2643, it has never been in credit

the 8% award would be compensation for loss of use on the monies whilst your ac is in credit with the ppi removed

as an example, in simple terms, balance on card at the time of stopped interest £2000, ppi refund £3000, £1000 credit so 8% payable on £1000

from then to date paid

As your ac was never in credit, no 8% payable, imo their figures are correct

when they refund the ppi the balance on your ac will still be £2643, it has never been in credit

the 8% award would be compensation for loss of use on the monies whilst your ac is in credit with the ppi removed

as an example, in simple terms, balance on card at the time of stopped interest £2000, ppi refund £3000, £1000 credit so 8% payable on £1000

from then to date paid

As your ac was never in credit, no 8% payable, imo their figures are correct

Thanks dx and theoldrouge.

Ok so only refund of premiums plus CI up to and including September 2004 (as per RBS figures) when account defaulted ?

And no extra added interest from above said date until December 2014 when the bank finally settled ?

So if I had paid off and closed the account in September 2004, would I receive CI and 8% simple for up to and including December 2014 ?

Sorry again for sounding stupid but I am trying to get my head round how RBS presents their offers as they seem to differ with their presentations.

I have also found out today that it is 15% interest payable for each year up to April 1993 where the CC was in credit :???:

Thanks dx and theoldrouge.

Ok so only refund of premiums plus CI up to and including September 2004 (as per RBS figures) when account defaulted ? And no extra added interest from above said date until December 2014 when the bank finally settled ?

So if I had paid off and closed the account in September 2004, would I receive CI and 8% simple for up to and including December 2014 ?

:

YES and YES

YES and YES

Thanks again for your time.

I did read the FOS Website in respect of redress but I wasn't sure about a couple of things.

I have had numerous complaints presentations and some seem to differ hence the confusion when trying to check the figures. Why oh why RBS cannot just at least provide a breakdown in the first instance I never know.

It has taken me around 6-8 months to get details out of them as previously fobbed off until I involved the adjudicator.

every bank has different ways of calculating redress but I think yours is a fair and accurate offer

as you say so much simpler if they supplied more information on request

Hope you dont have any with Capital One, their new calculator is impossible to fathom:-)