I got the job!

essexmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Matt,

Just wanted to say a massive congrats on your new job, I hope you are very happy. We have not really had much contact etc but I have read many of your posts over the past year and I am thrilled that the nightmare is almost at an end for you. Congratulations and give them hell at your last appointments.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again to people that have replied since my last thanks!

I have signed on and luckily my JSA adviser who sees me INGEUS pre-INGEUS appt is great and he was genuinely thrilled at me getting a job. I was due to sign on again 01/10 but he said he will shut my claim on 30/09 so Iget 13 instead of 14 days payments - I am fine with that.

I did tell him I wanted INGEUS TO KNOW NOTHING and I will attend my mandated appt on 24/09 and that is it, not that I will be paying much attention .... "Matt you will look for, you will do this ..." Sorry guv, I won't as I am signing off and going to work, byeeee. Adviser said to simply sign off for 'personal reasons' and it was up to me if I wanted INGEUS to know. Last thing I need is them perstering me and my new employer and trying to get their greasy mitts on bonus payments when they have done SOD ALL for me.

Off to the pub now, byeeee (not much freedom left soon but a salary to look forward to!)

Congratulations! on your new job, I would say nothing as they could like make life difficult for these last few days daily appointments, useless courses

If they haven't ask you to bring your cv with you for your mandated apt on the 24/9 don't .

explain that you have been ill and your currently updating your cv and you will bring it on your next app

ideally play dumb like you never attended Ingeus or you have forgotten their requirements and don't sign anything play for time and drag the next app out to after 30th Sept

Myintentions exactly - go with the motions on 24/09 and take NOTHING although they will hold a file on me from my time at INGEUS pre-ESA so I cannot get away with it totally. Hopefully the appt ends and they say "your next appt is 01/10" so I will do nothing until the lead up, sign off 30/09 and that is that. Even if they were to schedule a pointless workshop/course between 24/09 and 30/09 I can probably get out of it and ask to reschedule and again, too late fr them to do anything once I have signed off.

Once they think you have a job they will pester you for the details , if you have mobile that blocks their number that helps same for email just add them to spam list they will send you letters if you do a search Mr P has posted an excellent harassment cease and desist letter template

Already have their office mobile and main reception number blocked as well as their email address but even if they got through they would be hung up on or deleted. I want them to have nothing to do with me after 30/09. They are like a disease that just won't go away.

They are like a disease that just won't go away.

Something like herpes or one of the other STDs out there...:yuck:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Well here's a final laugh for Matt before he starts work.

I signed on today and got one of the nicer advisers but she still tries to get me to use UJ and the electronic pads, even though she knows I use neither.

Transcript from my audio recording:

How are you finding UJ, anything suitable?

No, I wasn't using it last time I saw you and I'm still not using it.

Oh, okay..I'm sure you're looking on other sites

Yes, the same two sites I told you about last time.

That's fine. We'll get your signature then you're done *pushes electronic pad towards me*

I don't use that, I use the ES24 to sign then you do the JA470 procedure on JSAPS to put the payment through *this always gets them when you know the correct DWP terms*

You should use the electronic pads really, you know

No, I shouldn't. It's optional as you all know but don't care to tell people.

Yes, but it's safer..it stops people impersonating your signature and prevents fraud

It also works in reverse; if my biometric signature got onto the wrong form I wouldn't be able to prove it was a copy.

That would never happen. Our systems are reliable and safe.

All of the electronic pads crashed two weeks ago, didn't they? And also a few weeks before.

Well, yes that can happen with IT sometimes but it's still safe, you can trust us *I'm smiling at this point*

Ah yes, trust an organisation that has shown itself to be disreputable, has lied to investigators and the claimants and is now being scrutinised by the UN for it's procedures.

*long pause here* Well that was sometime ago..it's all different now.

In what way? Same Prime Minister, same government, same IDS, same Jobcentres and the same staff - including you. Nothing has changed.

Er..well that's you signed then, I've put your money through *shows me screen*. See you in a fortnight.

And the wonderful thing is, if I get the same adviser next time, we'll do all this again. :)

And the wonderful thing is, if I get the same adviser next time, we'll do all this again. :)

Ooh.... You are awful. :lol:

Already have their office mobile and main reception number blocked as well as their email address but even if they got through they would be hung up on or deleted. I want them to have nothing to do with me after 30/09. They are like a disease that just won't go away.

And don't tell the DWP who the job is with, either.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Yup

tell them nothing

When I signed off I just phoned up the number the morning of my new job and stated I would like to close my claim as of 09:00 this morning. When asked why, I refused to answer and just stated I no longer wished to claim and as of 09:00 I am no longer actively seeking work.

Job Done :)

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Hi all - well after almost a month since getting the job and endless paperwork like references, DBS checks, contracts etc I finally start on 19th October. What is more it seems I am entitled to WTC as well due to salary but cannot complete the form yet as I do not know my payrl or PAYE ref number but that can wait until next month when I am settled.

I am seeing my local council tomorrow to sort out housing benefit run on and council tax issue and was due to see INGEUS on 8th but was ill. Ironically I have an appointment with them at 14.30 on 15th but sign on at 14.00 when I close my claim so will have great pleasure walking to the room next door (as I sign on at INGEUS with JCP) and saying "Sorry xxxx, I cannot attend my appointment today or those therefater as I have just closed my claim, have a nice day"

Presumably then the chasing from tem will start - I will ensure all letters are RTS and emails and calls blocked.

Hope you are all well.

"Sorry xxxx, I cannot attend my appointment today or those therefater as I have just closed my claim, have a nice day"

Once you have closed your claim, you don't have to even next door. However, if your claim is to be closed down on the 18th, then technically, you are still obliged to attend any mandatory appointments before that date.

Without the fear of any repercussions, I would use it as an opportunity to have a bit of fun and see how many wrong buttons I could press :lol:

Thanks all and no, I won't forget CAG and will still pop on to help and reply where I can as I have been in very low places and have experienced the highs of employment sand thelows of the benefit system so am totally non-judgemental.

Re INGEUS grrr, I forgot, as I have them on 15th and I sign on that day technically I am still on JSA until 18th Oct so I do have to attend. Oh well, a simple "You cannot help me, I am now in full time employment from next week found on my own with no help at all from you so we can either waste an hour making small talk and you mandating me to do stuff I have no intention of doing as I cannot be sanctioned anyway as I have no live claim or I can leave now and you can catch up on some work"... oh, and by the way, you won't be getting my new employers name etc.

Congratulations on the new job, Matt... just a few days to go now :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Nooooo do not tell igneous anything

Instead something along the lines of, My claim is closing as of 18th October, I am no longer seeking employment. Dont let them get their grubby mits on my tax money :madgrin:

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Nooooo do not tell igneous anything

Instead something along the lines of, My claim is closing as of 18th October, I am no longer seeking employment. Dont let them get their grubby mits on my tax money :madgrin:

Totally agree, don't give them any encouragement. Hope the job goes well for you Matt.

Thanks all. One bit of bad news after visiting my council today to inform them of change of circumstances is I am not entitled to a HB run on. Why? Because I was on ESA© for a period recently and only just back on JSA(IB) I get my HB as normal on 29 Oct and then 3 days of HB to 1 Nov and then that is it. Basically, and I told the adviser this, I am penalised for having a sick period. Tell you what though, just to get off benefits and this horrid system I just let it go.

All the best for when you start essexmat :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Essexmat, Best to say nothing at your INGEUS apt , don't mention that you closing you claim just let them book you for another apt in 2 weeks which we all know you wouldn't be attending just means you have more time before they start hassling you

Regarding the lack of benefit run on. Local Authorities have the ability to award discretionary housing payments. U could ask if you qualify