Accessibility - thank you!

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In August, I was looking at switching banks because I was having issues regarding Natwest and accessibility. In short, I'm partially sighted and was having problems using their pin pad. I then went into Natwest to ask if there was a way around this. I was told no and was told to come into branch each time I wanted something doing. For many reasons, this isn't practical. I later found out that they do the larger pin pads.

Anyway, had to go into Nationwide to pay some money into a friends account and was given a leaflet on their current accounts. I then asked about internet banking and accessibility. (internet banking being the main way I bank) I was told they too use the pin pad. But I can request a large print pin pad.

I booked an appointment to switch. The lady who I had my appointment with, said she was new and wasn't aware of the accessibility that Nationwide offer and that she'd put some notes on my application.

I then got my debit card, PIN and pin pad in the post. All in my preferred format. I then received a letter about my ISA, which wasn't. It was explained to me that because ISA switch wasn't done at the same time as current account switch and I forgot to say something, they weren't aware that I needed letters in large print. A quick call to head office and this has been sorted.

On Monday I went in to ask about credit cards. The lady I spoke to them said she'll email me the information they provide.

Well this is normal for Natwest they treat their customers like rubbish. Did they explain in detail their fees when you go overdrawn without permission? Minimum of £6.00 per day but capped!

Nationwide or similar was a better choice but each to their own...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Surely the Single Equality Act applies here on the provision of goods and services.

Throw that in with BCOBS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Yes, the lack of training was fairly apparent with Natwest. When I spoke to someone at Nationwide, (before opening my account) he said he didn't know and would check. That's fine. I don't expect every employer to be aware of every single accessibility need.