TalkTalk Cancellation Charges - Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, after years or problems and increasing charges with talktalk I decided o change to a new provider.

At first I called talktalk to discuss the new charges being applied as of 01/10/15 but was advised that I did not have a contract with talktalk as my old contract was cancelled on the 31/07/15, this was due to me moving home and I used their online service to change my address.

So during my incredibly lengthy phone call to them I asked the representative more than 4 times "if I cancelled my account (notice I said account, as apparently as the representative advised I did not have a contract with talktalk) would I incur any penalty/early termination charges, and on each occasion was advised that I would not incur any charges.

I also went to their online chat yesterday to advise them that I would be changing my provider and again was advised that I did not have a contract with them.

Anyway, this morning I received an email from them stating "Since you´ll be leaving before the end of your contract period, we´ve worked out the final charges that you will need to pay. These will be shown as contract breakage fees on your bill". Total charges of £238.36.

Anyway I sent them strongly worked email (I am happy to attach it if anyone is interested) to several people including Alexandra Birtles, Nick Clark, Dido Harding & Charles Dunstone, stating that as I have been advised twice that I do not have a contract with them that I cannot be in breach of one, and secondly that I have been advised on more than 4 occasions that if I cancelled my account that I would incur no penalty charges.

So if anyone has any advice or email details for other people at this company then please let me know.

IF its gone to the CEO Team, then for now... Id let them do what they need to do...

IF a week goes by and nothing, lets us know.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi

I agree. The CEOs office are reasonably good at sorting issues like this. Give them time to investigate.

I'm not sure if TalkTalk mark credit files when an account is in default but it may be worth finding out and making sure they don't and if they do, make sure they won't put any negative marker on your credit file as this is their error.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Update on situ - reply from Alexandra Birtles -

I'm really sorry for the problems you've been having and your experience with us, such that you've had to escalate this and contact us again. I've sent this on to the CEO's office to be investigated; they will go through all the history and be in touch as quickly as possible to ensure that this is resolved.

Once again, my apologies for the problems and one of the CEO's team will be in touch to fix this. I've asked them to keep me updated so I can ensure it is all resolved, and I'll also look into what actually happened here so we can try to stop it happening again.

Best wishes,

Alex

Its amazing how quick they move when they want to

I had a similar problem with TalkTalk over leaving fees. They put a Default on my credit file and I was mad (£80).

Got to the CEO and negotiated is right down to £30 in "full and final settlement" PROVIDED they completely removed the Default in its entirety and remove the entry from my file. That was 3 months ago. They removed the Default although it continues to have an adverse effect and they FAILED to remove the entry.

So, don't believe ANYTHING they tell you !

I had a similar problem with TalkTalk over leaving fees. They put a Default on my credit file and I was mad (£80).

Got to the CEO and negotiated is right down to £30 in "full and final settlement" PROVIDED they completely removed the Default in its entirety and remove the entry from my file. That was 3 months ago. They removed the Default although it continues to have an adverse effect and they FAILED to remove the entry.

So, don't believe ANYTHING they tell you !

That doesn't inspire me with any confidence

In case it's of interest or help to anyone...I emailed Dido last night outlining my complaint, received an email this morning from her and one of her managers, a call from that manager, outlined the problem and timeline to him, he called again this afternoon to say he had approval to refund all charges and kept me on the line while the did it and called off the debt collectors sink knew it had been done.

So, always worthwhile trying the folks right at the top and thanks for this thread, certainly helped me.

• 1 month later...
Guest TalkTalk Offical Company Rep

Hi All,

Looks like these cases are already in hand. In terms of defaults and credit files once an issue is with the CEO's office this should be suppressed while the Case Manager investigations and an resolution is agreed.

Regards

Mark

Social Customer Care Team

TalkTalk

Hi All,

Looks like these cases are already in hand. In terms of defaults and credit files once an issue is with the CEO's office this should be suppressed while the Case Manager investigations and an resolution is agreed.

Regards

Mark

TalkTalk

My case WAS with the CEO's office AND a resolution agreed that they would delete the entry on my credit file. TalkTalk FAILED to honour their side of the bargain. I have become so frustrated with this rubbish company that I have now been compelled to pass the matter on to the Utilities Ombudsman where it is currently under investigation. So I repeat. Don't believe ANYTHING that TalkTalk say. They are a dishonourable company.

Hi Miss Hope,

During the course of your complaint with the CEO's Office you should be given direct contact details for your CEO Case Manager. If they have not taken all actions relevant to your complaint you need to contact your CEO Case Manager directly. If for any reason you are unable to do this we can reescalate it for you, but you will need to contact us either via Twitter @TalkTalkCare or through the TalkTalk Community. This is because we need to confirm account information with you and we will not do this via a third party site.

regards

Mark

TalkTalk

Miss Hope...

Please please please, ]I understand your gripe.

Why not take Talk Talks offer again to make it right second time around, if they fail again, then you can take legal action. :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Miss Hope,

During the course of your complaint with the CEO's Office you should be given direct contact details for your CEO Case Manager. If they have not taken all actions relevant to your complaint you need to contact your CEO Case Manager directly. If for any reason you are unable to do this we can reescalate it for you, but you will need to contact us either via Twitter @TalkTalkCare or through the TalkTalk Community. This is because we need to confirm account information with you and we will not do this via a third party site.

regards

Mark

TalkTalk

I have been in touch incessantly with Lucy Brown, case manager of the CEO's office. I have telephoned and left over 30 messages not to mention scores of emails all of which I have copied to the Ombudsman but I have not had the courtesy of a single phone call back. If there is the slightest hope that TalkTalk can re-escalate this issue TODAY or TOMORROW (given that I have waited nearly 4 months since a resolution was agreed) I will be very happy. Ms Lucy Brown knows full well what we agreed in our correspondence and if she cannot provide you with copy correspondence, then I certainly can.

I understand that TalkTalk do not want to conduct their business through a third party site and I am happy for you to telephone me or email me at [email protected].

I have been in touch incessantly with Lucy Brown, case manager of the CEO's office. I have telephoned and left over 30 messages not to mention scores of emails all of which I have copied to the Ombudsman but I have not had the courtesy of a single phone call back. If there is the slightest hope that TalkTalk can re-escalate this issue TODAY or TOMORROW (given that I have waited nearly 4 months since a resolution was agreed) I will be very happy. Ms Lucy Brown knows full well what we agreed in our correspondence and if she cannot provide you with copy correspondence, then I certainly can.

I understand that TalkTalk do not want to conduct their business through a third party site and I am happy for you to telephone me or email me at [email protected].

Hi Miss Hope,

As advised in my earlier post, if you can either tweet us @TalkTalkCare or post on the TalkTalk Community (http://community. talktalk.co.uk) we can look into this in more depth for you and re-escalate the issue to the CEO's Office. We are available on twitter until 10pm this evening so we can get this done for you today.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Miss Hope,

I've had confirmation that your tweet has been received and responded to.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

So much negativity re TalkTalk I thought I'd share a positive issue instead, I'll keep it short. About two months ago I requested termination of my phone/broadband service due to my house being sold and the purchaser did not want to take over the service. This being done by phone to a free number. The advisor informed me that I would have a £130 termination fee due to the contract being ended early. I argued the toss that I had been with TalkTalk for approx 6 years and surely I was out of contract? I was advised that because I had upgraded to fibre this started a new contract. Again I argued that nobody told me this was the case and that I thought this was totally unfair. After being transferred to a 'Manager' I was told that I would not be liable for early redemption fee as I had been a good customer. This was confirmed by post a week later. Luckily all this was done just before the latest 'hack' Maybe I was just lucky but to be fair the Call Centre staff were actually ok.

No, I don't work for them :) Just a bit of good news for a change on a miserable dank morning.

• 4 months later...

Despite giving 3 months notice of my move to France in 2013, finding someone to take over my TalkTalk account from January 30th 2014, receiving confirmation that the transfer was taking place, and handing over all my account details, codes for the equipment etc.

I received a letter sent to my UK forwarding address saying that I owed TalkTalk money. I provided all the information to the contrary and the person I spoke to assured me that the matter would be dealt with. A few months later a Claims Company contacted me in the same way via my friends because they presumably cannot afford a stamp to send a letter to me in France.

The same thing happened and the person I spoke to told me that there had obviously been a mistake and that he would inform TalkTalk. Another 6 months later, in 2015, PastDue solutions, yet another company then contacted me about the same thing. Same responses. Last month, in 2016, yet another company purporting to act on behalf of TalkTalk has contacted me, Zinc solutions. By email.

I have spoken to someone on the telephone several times but they do not appear to have had any contact with TalkTalk and have not been given none of the previous correspondence or information and have simply said that if I don't pay the £380 they will commence the collection process, without saying what that might be.

I am now asked to prove that I do not owe the money by forwarding a document from TalkTalk confirming this and also a copy of the transfer form and a whole host of details that TalkTalk already have. Except for the transfer form as these only came into being in February 2014 at my request because I had to send umpteen letters and emails and so did the person who wanted to take over the account, as trying to talk to someone who could actually do anything proved difficult.

I left in good faith. I had even recommended that friends use TalkTalk without getting any reward for that. I have had to cancel the use of my friend's house as forwarding address after receiving threatening letters as if I owned the house or the furniture. And two year's later, I still have to call them because they refuse to call me in France or even write to me here.

I have finally attempted to contact TalkTalk via Resolve to see whether all these credit agencies are acting on their behalf and also complained to the Ombudsman. But I am getting very tired of this constant harrassment and being asked to provide proof, some of which i no longer have. Because in 2014 and then again in 2015 I had been told that the matter had been resolved.

At my wit's end!

Edited by maroondevo52
formatting

Just thought you all might like to know that despite TalkTalk coming in on the conversation and saying they've responded to me - well they did respond BUT THEY'VE NOT RESOLVED ANYTHING WHATSOEVER. THE LATE PAYMENTS ON MY CREDIT FILE WILL REMAIN FOR THE NEXT FIVE YEARS !!! DON'T PAY THEM. DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY - EVER