Erudio- Disability deferrment- The good news & the bad news

Mountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm one of the many that Erudio have tried to [problem]!

1997 Mortgage style loan.

Never a problem with SLC.

Never earned over the threshold and have deferred every year.

As I'm registered disabled and in receipt of DLA (lifetime award) and earn below the repayment threshold (just!)

I applied for a 36 month deferral under the T&C. in 2014.

This year, after a year or so of belligerence and a FOS complaint Erudio agreed to backdate my deferral and were ordered by the FOS to pay me 100pounds compensation.

(Erudio also lie through their teeth & make the 'rules' as they go along. They would surely be laughed out of court)

. They even argued that my DLA cert was invalid.

However, Erudio fight dirty!

Despite this they are now stating I have to apply for deferral again this year (& every year) and they state they never agreed to a 36 month deferral.

Furthermore they are now just blanking the FOS and will not respond to them.

I have written to them stating in accordance with the T&C I consider the deferment valid for 36 months and will not be paying anything until 2017.

To which I get a 'we have closed our complaint' letter, followed by a deferment form & a 'you owe 200pounds' letter.

So....this year.

I earn below the threshold for 2015-2016 & my DLA award still stands.

(Interestingly they have a section for child benefit & child tax credit. I do not receive these- my wife does!)

If I apply for a deferral & it is accepted this will take me beyond my 50th birthday & as I have no arrears the loan will be written off....or rather should be.

Or I could hold me ground re. the 36 month deferral. This would mean taking out a further deferral until my 5oth birthday in 2018.

It strikes me Erudio will try anything to turn down a deferral application however. I simply do not trust them based on my dealings with them previously.

Anyone had dealing with Erudio re. disability?

Anyone successfully awarded a 36 month deferral?

Any thoughts as to which option to go for.

i.e. Send off deferral form, wageslips & DLA cert (again)?

Or dig in until 2017?

I have actually stated that I'm willing to address the matter in court as I believe they have breached original T&Cs.

Moved to the SLC forum...

Good on you for fighting arrows

With you all the way.

If you have it in writing its was for 3yrs. I'd let them do court

Now that would be fun!!!!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheers.

Well, I've beaten them once so...

The problem is they were extremely crafty.

The agreed to 'the deferral'.

A 36 month deferral was always requested and referred to, but not specifically in the final FOS agreement.

I have around 20 emails in my file in which 36 month deferral is requested,

along with emails demanding information they are not entitled to i.e. medical information.

Plus a number of emails give erroneous information & contradict each other.

FOS have asked them to clarify but they have changed phone numbers and do not respond to the FOS email.

I would actually love to put my file in front of a judge & let them see what a devious, bullying, manipulative shambles Erudio are.

The T&S and Student Loans Acts are very specific and relatively idiot proof.

I don't think any judge in the land would buy their dodgy unlawful re-interpretations'.

I doubt they will ever attempt a court case.

Think of the implications a successful test case would have :D

Regardless, the matter stands. I'm in receipt of DLA and earn below the threshold. They must grant a deferral.

However, as anyone who has dealt with them will know, they will try every dirty trick in the book.

Jeez, I was recovering from major spinal surgery and those morons were attempting to bully me with relentless phone-calls (which they conveniently had no record of).

Hi,

Yes, I previously had to argue & get the FOS involved regarding that.

Erudio will, and do try to get away with counting it as income.

They also, contrary to the SL Act & T&C, stated that DLA was not proof of disability and they needed a letter from my GP!!!!:evil:

Both statements from Erudio were blatant lies. :mad2:

I can however imagine most people, especially those with disabilities just giving in and paying up sue to the lies & bullying.

When I took out the student loan I was of course aware there was provision for both disability & low income in the T&C. That's what I signed up to.

I didn't exactly plan to get a spinal cord injury & reduced earning capacity at the time.:roll:

Anyway to update. I have written to them again stating under SL Act & T&C I consider myself to be deferred for 36 (which I clearly requested & supplied all necessary documentation for).

I therefore consider us to be in a position of deadlock & invite them to address the matter via a court of law.

If they do so I will of course issue a counter claim for the 2 years of stress & harassment I've had to endure from the callous, bullying morons.