UKPC/POPLA story on yahoo.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never had a parking fine before, so I appealed to the company and they said I could pay £15 now instead of £100 as there was an issue with the ticket machine and the ticket I got was dated for the next day.

After UKPC refused to cancel her fine, Ms Paterson appealed to Parking On Private Land Appeals (POPLA), but on Wednesday she was told her appeal had been refused as she “parked without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket”.

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/13630865.Westbury_mum_fighting_back_against_incorrect_parking_ticket_at_St_Stephen_s_Place_in_Trowbridge/?ref=rss

Would need to see the appeal wording but on face value a quite astonishing judgement by POPLA...

Makes you wonder if POPLA are using the same 'Baristas' that the IAS are using. If this ever got to court, UKPC would lose (and hopefully be slapped with a wasted costs order)

Slapping on tickets for people that cannot see into the future is stupid.

UKPC are also under fire (see Prankster) regarding the time stamps on their photographs.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Dont know how accurate the clocks are on the ANPR cameras that the likes of UKPC and Parking Spy use but I know that only 20 years ago I had to keep correcting the time on our CCTV timed cameras something like 20 seconds every week they were rubbish and cost the earth.

dpick