Length of suspension of parking bays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have you received a PCN for parking in a suspended bay? If so, I have a successful appeal letter you can use.

I have received a pcn for parking in a suspended bay which gave less than notice period . The actual notice was taken down 1 week later and no work was ever done. Can you please send me a copy of your letter

Thanks

Elaine King

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved you to a thread of your own because the one you posted on is 5 years old. TBD posted the suggested letter on the post above yours on the old thread. He may reply to you, but in the meantime hopefully people will answer this thread.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hope you user name is not you real name?

Is your demand from a private parking company please name them

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Moved to the council parking forum

What have you received

And have you taken photos of the signs?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What do you mean by "a suspended bay which gave less than notice period"? Do you mean the sign went up late, and so the suspension wasn't advertised long enough before it came into force?

the sign was up for far less than 24 hours in the adjacent parking bay. I left the parking area the day before around 4pm and the notice was not there. Parked there the following day around 10.15 am and didn't see a sign but when I got back to the car at the leisure centre car park around 12.30 the PCN was attached to the car. No staff at the front desk even knew that the bay was now restricted, so I called the number on the sign and the lady confirmed that it was only erected the day before in the pm and that I should appeal. The gym also tried to represent me and I still lost the appeal. 10 days later the notice sign was removed and no work was ever done.

Moved to the council parking forum

What have you received

And have you taken photos of the signs?

Dx

Yes I have taken photos and realised that on the notice the words "advance or Warning" is covered by a sign above and therefore not shown. also I wear glasses for reading and did not have them on that day. No notice was given the suspension was immediately from the time the notice was erected

I wouldn't mention a lack of glasses in your appeal - it calls your eyesight into question, which goes against you.

There is a fixed advance period for the signs - three days, I think. If you appeal on that basis, asking the Council to check the date the sign was erected, I'd expect that to be a winning appeal.

...just realised you said "I still lost the appeal". So, you have appealed already? Can you give us the chain of events - dates, who wrote to who etc.

...just realised you said "I still lost the appeal". So, you have appealed already? Can you give us the chain of events - dates, who wrote to who etc.

21st July parked in the same parking bay at Britannia Car park for 2 hours. - no problems

22nd July - Parked in the 'now' restricted bay at Britannia Car Park

24th July - Went on-line to dispute the PCN

7th August Letter from Hackney Council with decision not to cancel the PCN. Reason given...

..Parking services endeavours to give 3 days advance warning of any suspension to residents parking bay.

However, in some instance, this may not be possible.

Nevertheless, the vehicle was not in the parking spaces when the suspension sign was erected on 14/7/15 -

meaning the driver should have seen the suspension sign.

The suspension start date is 21/07/15 and the pcn was issued on 22/7/15 indicating adequate notice was given............

This is a blatant lie.

When I called the advertised number on the notice,

they confirmed that the sign only went up the day prior in the pm.

When I spoke to management at the gym, they too said the same.

Now Hackney council are saying that the sign went up 7 day prior.

You could make an informal inquiry, without mentioning your PCN - ask them if they can check and confirm the date the signs were erected. I think the suspension would be invalid without the proper advance warning period, which would render the PCN unenforceable.