Mirtazapine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.nhs.uk/medicine-guides/pages/MedicineSideEffects.aspx?condition=Depression&medicine=Mirtazapine&preparation=Mirtazapine%2015mg%20tablets

The link above is for 15 mg.

The one below for 30mg

http://xpil.medicines.org.uk/ViewPil.aspx?DocID=18115

TBH, fletch - I would be seriously concerned at being given this drug ! Did your GP not discuss these side effects with you ?

If you are not able to speak to your own GP, I think you might be able to speak with someone in the "out of hours" system.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

anything 'asapine' sends my wife skitty

twice shes been give tablets ending in asapine

twice they've been taken to a local chemist for disposal.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The one below for 30mg

http://xpil.medicines.org.uk/ViewPil.aspx?DocID=18115

TBH, fletch - I would be seriously concerned at being given this drug ! Did your GP not discuss these side effects with you ? .

The thing is : almost ANY drug has a list of POSSIBLE side effects as long as your arm.

If aspirin was being brought to market today as a new drug, it might not make it through the safety / licensing process.....

With all drugs, the prescriber should be looking at the risks and benefits, and if that drug is the best choice (or sometimes, for a complex situation, the "least worse" choice) .....

All (prescribed) drugs have effects you want, but also the risk of side effects. Some people don't want to know what the potential side effects are, and throw away the information sheet that comes with them, unread.

Others want to know every possible effect even though they might not get a common side effect, let alone a rare one!

I think it is important people know the possible side effects, especially those where stopping the medicine might be required, even if that effect is rarely seen.

I was given Mirtazapine when it was really new. I lasted a week before the side effects outwieghed any possible benefit, however I do tend to over-react to most drugs so it could just be me.

Mentioned this to hubby and he reminded me that we called this one 'mirtazaPAIN'

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Hi all

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I have been on anti depressants for a good few years ,

started with prozac , doseage went up,

moved to sertraline and again dosage went up to 150mg which my GP told me was the max.

When I started Uni last year things got a lot better

but over the summer I have gone downhill, party I think because I have to do my exams this week

because I was in hospital in June having a burst appendix removed .

The GP swapped me to these but my head feels like cotton wool .

i did call 111 last night and the GP there told me that some of it was the fact I have stopped sertraline after a long time so its a bit of withdrawal.

It doesn't help that they are a sedative and I take sleeping pills as well so tonight I might miss the sleeping pill and see what happens

Thanks again

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Sad times Fletch! Whats up? How did it get to having to take this. The Side Effects are something that worry me!

Its a long story and I made some bad decisions , most of them are plastered on some forum or other (not necessarily posted by me) lets just say self esteem issues, bereavement, gambling addiction, debt,job loss, I was a naughty boy because of the gambling which led to job loss and nearly worse oh yes and infidelity .

You see Dx I am not all bad , honest

Edited by Andyorch
edited

Arh bad times. Ive flagged the post to get the site team to look at it :)

:)

Then we can chat :)

Edited by Andyorch
edited

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Really sorry to hear that life is giving you such a thump a the moment. You certainly don't want anything messing up your exams.. best of luck with those BTW :)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Cit B . It's been a rough few years but just written what I hope would be an acceptable essay on an exam topic so fingers crossed. Its about lunatics-how appropriate

Thanks Cit B . It's been a rough few years but just written what I hope would be an acceptable essay on an exam topic so fingers crossed. Its about lunatics-how appropriate

I trust you will give credit to those of us you have used for the basis of your essay :lol:

• Haha 1

BCOBS

:thumb:

BCOBS

I moved to these years ago from sertraline

Massive improvement for me, although they did zombie me in the mornings.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Sabre it is good to know. I am just over a week in and have stopped my sleeping pills at night and so far have been able to sleep. My head still feels like it is full of cotton wool but I have done 2 of my three exams (last one in the morning) . By mid afternoon I have started to feel particularly bad.

I must check my B.P. I have a cuff at home.

Sad times Fletch! Whats up? How did it get to having to take this. The Side Effects are something that worry me!

I can receive P.M's I think just not send them, if not I am sure Citizen B would pass it on for you ( I know Cit B has my email address from some previous communications)

they will take some time to settle in, i used ot take my mirtazapene at bedtime

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

they will take some time to settle in, i used ot take my mirtazapene at bedtime

I know thanks, that what the out of hours G.P told me , its a bugger I swapped 5 days before my Uni exams .

I hope you have made the uni aware of the medication and that it could impact on performance

I have they are being very good. they already know i am barking mad . TBH all that matters is that I pass as these marks do not go onto the overall degree but obviously I want to do my best in them. BTW do you want toothache I have a jaw full to give away completely free of charge . I am generous like that- Religion and Stratification tomorrow from a sociological perspective . I do love a bit of Marx

BTW I am probably high as a kite after having paracetamol, naproxen and tramadol to try and kill this toothache

I take duloxetine and have had no problems with it - non sedating, helps with nerve pain, helps with anxiety as well as depression, but is pricey so docs don't like to prescribe it.

If mirtazapine isn't working for you after a few months then ask to be changed to something else.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I take duloxetine and have had no problems with it - non sedating, helps with nerve pain, helps with anxiety as well as depression, but is pricey so docs don't like to prescribe it.

If mirtazapine isn't working for you after a few months then ask to be changed to something else.

Just to prove we're all different, I was prescribed duloxetine for nerve pain but had to stop after 2 months again due to intolerable side effects (plus it didn't help the pain anyway).

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.