style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Number removed as requested.

I saw no ipad's or anything else except the folders they had which remained closed all the time I was there.

Like I said I saw no papers of any kind but I only went there after they had already entered the house and my

daughter had called me, so do not know what was said previously.

Things had been taken from a wall in the front room and she had to put them back after they left.

They did have free roam during the time they had entered before she returned from her friends across the road

so I assume they made a list of inv during that time.

The £110.00 was charged and was paid as well.

The fee for £110-00 is to be used once the items are removed and sold, so now you have a reason to complain to the LA and ask for this to be refunded as no sale took place and no goods were removed....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Things had been taken from a wall in the front room and she had to put them back after they left.

They did have free roam during the time they had entered before she returned from her friends across the road

so I assume they made a list of inv during that time.

The £110.00 was charged and was paid as well.

I would not want to cause your daughter any further upset but if you could find out from her whether a list of items (a Controlled Goods Agreement) was completed I would be most interested.

The £110 is called a 'sale stage fee' and becomes payable when there has been a distinct change between the enforcement and 'sale' stage. The best example would be where the enforcement company actually call for a removal vehicle (therefore actually incurring a liability to a third party contractor).

The fee for £110-00 is to be used once the items are removed and sold, so now you have a reason to complain to the LA and ask for this to be refunded as no sale took place and no goods were removed....

Unfortunately this is not quite the case MM. I have oulined the correct position in my above post.

The reason for me requesting that you remove your reference number is because you can be identified from it by the office of the EA so they can and do often frequent these types of boards... Thank you for doing so, it can often protect you from prying eyes....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Even though my post may seem incorrect the EA can not prove that the van was called, so again this is open to interpretation as always, BA not trying to cause issues here but obviously this situation provides full proof that you must lock your door when leaving your premises, as then it will stop this sort of thing happening to other debtors, sad thing is that the door was left open and peaceful entry gained it makes things even harder in this case would you not agree?

I still believe that challenging the £110-00 fee is the right thing to do in this case as no-one was present to contradict this!

If someone was they may have still paid in full like they did so this is revenue gathering at its worst

You can always ask the EA why and still complain to the LA, even though BA has said otherwise because the debt was paid in full at some time and BEFORE goods were removed, it is entirely up to you but a formal complaint to the LA is where I would go, since your daughter had some sort of discussion with the EA before goods were removed, she must of to make the payment when she did...

I can not make your mind up for you but seeking legal advice from the CAB/LA could get you this fee back, but making a claim for this could prove expensive, please consider your options fully before you make your decision... This is a must... We can only speculate what was said or done as we do not have the full story of what was said or done once the debtor and EA spoke...

I can confirm that they arrived in a van and that at no time was any of my daughters items removed from the property

They did not make any calls for a vehicle to remove stuff (or any other calls for that matter)

I can also confirm that my daughter who is fairly strong willed was feeling intimidated by them.

The following is what could have happened, your daughter steps out of her home and feels comfortable not locking the door, the EA arrives and knocks, no reply, as normal practice they try the door.

They find it unlocked, the step in thus far they have gained peaceful entry, now you cannot stop them looking around or asking them to leave, whilst making an inventory your daughter returns home and see 2 or more men in her home, a heated discussion takes place the men state they are bailiffs and demand the money due, after some more discussion and heated exchanges your daughter agrees to pay the debt, this may have been in cash or card.

Then the EA may I say may have added the £110-00 fee to bolster their fees the debt is paid in full the matter closes, but is this fee chargeable I don't know this but it may be challenged in this case due to the fact your daughter paid the debt in full before the EA had left, so this is what could have happened.

If the EA's did leave then they abandoned their goods, so to speak... Others may say different..... The reason behind my thoughts are the EA's could not be 100% certain they were in fact at the correct address in the first place, given the LO could have been issued to a different address altogether...

Obviously I cannot type as fast as some think so I pre-empted your response and had it ready to post before your reply, I hope you don't mind me doing that...

I can confirm that they arrived in a van and that at no time was any of my daughters items removed from the property

They did not make any calls for a vehicle to remove stuff (or any other calls for that matter)

It is important to know whether an inventory was completed and if so, what items were recorded on the form.

How would me daughter know if one of these inventories had been completed. Would

she have had to sign something?

yes

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!