A bit of joy regarding complaints logged with PDLs.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading success stories about people complaining to PDL's on (generally) grounds of irresponsible lending etc, I decided to file my own complaints with a little success.

MyJar/TXTloan - asked them for detailed accounts, i'd paid just over £200 in unlawful late fees etc and they kept loanig me more and more each time despite problems repaying. Got back £253 from them.

Cash Genie - Told I wasn't eligible for their redress scheme but as 'goodwill' they refunded anything paid above the capitak borrowed which was £62.50.

CFO - Awaiting response

PaydayUK - Awaiting response

Sunny/1ml - totally ignoring me

• 2 weeks later...

Great news. Please keep it up. you never know, the other two may capitulate.

Did you do this via telephone or letter? If the latter, what sort of language did you use? Perhaps post up what letters you sent (minus personal details of course)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Great news. Please keep it up. you never know, the other two may capitulate.

Did you do this via telephone or letter? If the latter, what sort of language did you use? Perhaps post up what letters you sent (minus personal details of course)

I first send an email requesting the following:

- The dates the loans were taken out, whether the loan was "rolled over", and the date each loan was repaid or how much is still outstanding

- The interest and charges that were added to EACH loan

- The TOTAL interest and charges for all loans

- Whether any payments were missed

- Whether you performed a credit check as to my suitability for these loans, for the initial loan and any subsequent rollovers if applicable.

All replied fairly swiftly.

Here's an example of a complaint:

I wish to make a formal complaint based on what I believe to be irresponsible lending and the amount paid towards the loan.

On the (date), I was granted a Debt Relief Order. Had you done sufficient checks you would have seen this on the Insolvency Register and on my credit report. This, added to the fact that I made you aware of the difficulty to repay and the offer of further finance should have been blatant that I was in financial difficulty at the time. I do not believe you performed adequate checks and should not have agreed to loan these funds.

During this time I received calls and texts to the point of harassment from 'MT Collect' and various people claiming to represent you. I was also threatened with a home visit within hours for removal of goods which is downright wrong. You should know you need to apply for a court order, for the court order to be granted and subsequently broken before even considering these activities.

With regards to paying the loan itself, I have paid a total of £706.83 on a loan of £358.50. All of the charges you applied would breach the FCA's guidelines on collections activity as you have levied unfair and disproportionate charges to the account. Based on the complaint I request the following:

- A refund of the sum paid above the initial capital of £348.33 plus a further 8% simple interest for four years

- For the account to be settled as paid

- A formal apology concerning your collections activities and subsequently an offer of compensation for the distress caused over numerous years

Should this matter not be resolved adequately I will be taking my complaint to the FCA for further investigation

They actually offered me £722 less the remaining balance plus additional compensation, which is more than I asked for, so that's a good result.

PaydayUK are the biggest one, I've asked for over 2 grand from them.

Once all of these have settled I will definitely be making a donation to CAG, the knowledge people have helped me to understand what steps to take and helped me believe I could tackle them head-on after years of misery. I will NEVER use such companies again.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really good news so far and well done for persevering.

I was very pleased to see you say that you will never use PDLs again. Well done. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is really good news so far and well done for persevering.

I was very pleased to see you say that you will never use PDLs again. Well done. :)

So was I!

Trouble is they were so easy to get years ago, I made some massive mistakes financially and managed to get myself out of a very deep hole. So many companies throwing money at young people, I had no idea what this did to my credit rating etc. In about 18 months I should be back in the green, it took a lot of hard work but almost there. Mortgage is the next step and that'll be worth it in the long run.

I think very few people realised just how seriously their future credit history would be damaged, even when they were maintaining payments. Just having a PDL listed on a credit record can ruin any chance of a mortgage.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Yes, I think SAR is definitely required :)

BCOBS

If Sunny aren't listening... Contact;

[email protected]

[email protected]

Elevate is the parent company of Sunny... Shout as loud as you can...

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If Sunny aren't listening... Contact;

[email protected]

[email protected]

Elevate is the parent company of Sunny... Shout as loud as you can...

Thanks, will do :)

I have others I can chase..

WDA (Demanding £10 for SAR, only one that has)

Minicredit, although not sure how to go about that as they've ceased trading..

I found that a little while ago while dealing with them... Shame they wont tell you over the phone...

Its almost like they are trying to palm you off...

When you get the letter, remove personal info and scan it up here...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

They offered me £261 as settlement. Not accepting that, going to the ombudsman. Very annoyed, the whole 5 pages was basically YOU borrowed this and YOU told us you could afford it, we shouldn't have to check. 'we can't be responsible for your financial actions', 'We acted in good faith' and all that jazz. Admitted they only allow 3 rollovers, allowed more on 2 occasions and that's where the offer comes from. They allowed me 7 loans with a total of 20 rollovers, constantly increasing and at times when i was swamped with debt.

Hahaha, 3 days after they respond to me they're going to be paying £15m in refunds for irresponsible lending. And they have the cheek to tell me they weren't guilty!!

Guess you saw the news?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So far received about 2k in compensation from 10 PDL companies, Wonga and QQ/P2P have the 8 weeks running out tomorrow..

45k Debt - June 2016

35k Debt - May 2018

24k Debt - April 2020

The battle is slow but I will win the war