style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I was accused of shoplifting items from a supermarket.

I was leaving the store when they asked me to come back in

I did

they did not take me to the back of the store

I was stood by the checkout.

I did not give any information and out of sheer embarrassment

I left all of my items and left the store.

Will anything happen now

Nope. Nothing could happen. They dont know who you are, they do not have any information, and they got their items back. Get on with your life now, and please, dont do it again, as the next time could turn out very differently and you could end up with a criminal record.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You say you left all of your items behind. does this mean that you had purchased or merely selected items to purchase? I am assuming that the accusation arises because they believed that you had placed some items in a way that made them believe that you did not intend to pay for them. If this is the case then tell us what happened so you can get the proper response to your situation rather than a generic response.

You say you left all of your items behind. does this mean that you had purchased or merely selected items to purchase? I am assuming that the accusation arises because they believed that you had placed some items in a way that made them believe that you did not intend to pay for them. If this is the case then tell us what happened so you can get the proper response to your situation rather than a generic response.

I purchased all of my items but as I was leaving the store the alarm went off and they took me back into the store

Why would you think its shoplifting. If you paid for everything, then the guards were just doing their job and checking for tags to see what set the alarm off. If you walked off, knowing you had paid for everything and had receipts for the items, then thats concerning.

Theres more to this than you are telling us. Can you tell us truthfully, everything that happened. We are not here to judge, but we are here to help if we can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi and welcome to CAG

Based on what you have said so far is that:

a) You selected and paid for ALL the items.

b) A security tag went off and you were asked to return to allow security to check you bag and receipt.

c) You felt so embarrassed that you left the paid for shopping behind.

If the above is factual, you have lost money! Go back to the store and get the stuff back. You have just added to their profits with nothing to show for it.

Security tags go off all the time. The only time you would feel shamed is if you HAD stolen something!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I had purchased all of my items but as I was leaving the store the alarm went off and it started there

Did you buy anything, like electrical, batteries, high cost goods, or even clothing

If you bought something, which has a soft tag, then the operator has failed in there duty, they should detag the tag, so when you leave the shop, the alarm shouldn't go of

Did the store check your receipt, and find the item that triggered the alarm; now the correct procedure should be, ask the customer to come back, so the can detag the tag, saving you problems when you go into another shop