TXT Loan/My Jar Default Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a loan with My Jar, I took this out in 2011, got myself in a mess and then agreed a repayment plan with them which have continued to pay on time as agreed.

I recently viewed my credit report and noticed My Jar have placed a default on this, now I accept I defaulted in 2011 and have since been repaying, my issue with this is they have only placed the default on my report recently and it is dated this year so will be on my report until 2021!!!

Can I complain and ask them to show the date of default which was in 2011? Also can they even do this without sending a further default notice (I consider 4 years from the notice to default being put on the file unreasonable)? I requested in July for them to send a copy of my original credit agreement and statement of account which they have failed to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I do not want this default lingering on my report when everything else will come off in 2017.

Thank you

You are not the only one.

Please have a look over the forums and look at the Myjar threads.

Look for the email addresses I have posted. It is grossly unfair what they have done...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 months later...

Just an update I have complained to myjar, when I checked again they had removed the default but the entry is still on my credit report showing continuous late payments and that i only pay periodically. they state they have to enter this as the have to show accurate recording however it is not accurate IMO as they agreed to the repayment plan which I have kept to and not made any late payments on, they also offered to update my file to say there is an arrangement in place but if they have to show accurate info on my report surely they should have already done this. I intend to progress this to the FOS do you think my points are valid as I don't want the continuous late payments showing on my report but cannot find how information should be recorded in these situations. TIA

Hi i'm sure you've read some of the other threads by now maybe mine, i was never defaulted after years and begged ages ago to be defaulted retrospectively as i get late markers each month they agreed to but still getting markers so i think they are fairly hopeless at most things even when you beg for them to punish you properly .

However i'm not clued up enough to advise about FOS although a lot of people seem to have had to use them with myjar.

I wonder if an agreement to pay can't be treated as a 'new loan' and green dotted as the original was still defaulted so maybe has to reflect that somehow.

Someone properly in the know will advise you fairly soon i'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...