Vodafone won't let me leave! / Ref #11196366**Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some good news! Checked my account and it says my contract end date is 31st October 2015 which was my original contract end date. It seems someone has completely deleted my account and set it all up again so that my contract ends at the original date but I'm still on the wrong price plan which is actually a good thing.

I've been put on a £14 per month plan so when I asked to cancel today they said it would only cost around £30 to cancel :whoo:

I've given my 30 days notice to cancel and I presume that is the end of it. It's been hell but I'm just glad it's finally all over. You can probably mark this as resolved now!

Some good news! Checked my account and it says my contract end date is 31st October 2015 which was my original contract end date. It seems someone has completely deleted my account and set it all up again so that my contract ends at the original date but I'm still on the wrong price plan which is actually a good thing.

I've been put on a £14 per month plan so when I asked to cancel today they said it would only cost around £30 to cancel :whoo:

I've given my 30 days notice to cancel and I presume that is the end of it. It's been hell but I'm just glad it's finally all over. You can probably mark this as resolved now!

Well done on getting it sorted!

Don't forget to either:

A) get your PAC now (as you won't be able to once the contract has ended as the network can "recycle" 'your' number), or

B) convert your account to PAYG once the contract ends, which still gives you the chance to get a PAC once the contract has ended (provided the PAYG SIM is "still live")

I'm just going to keep the number I got when I joined giffgaff. I've read too many porting horror stories!

In which case, still consider keeping that number on PAYG, but for different reasons.

Put £10 on it (it may rankle giving them any more money, but see below). Make a short call on it every 5 1/2 months to keep the number 'active'

Set up a voicemail announcement giving your new number. Add (on the announcement) that they won't be able to leave a message there, & to call your new number.

Set the voicemail as "announce only, no messages to be taken", so you never have to pay Voda for voicemails!

If someone calls you on your old number : they get given the new one at no additional cost.

If someone texts your old number you receive it at no cost (and can decide if you want to give them your new number! :) )

Your £10 will last you YEARS, and when it is finally running out you can consider how many texts & calls you had in the preceding 6 months and if it is worth another £10 for another x years ;)

• 1 month later...

Annoying isn't it.

I like the bit where he says it is the first time he has heard of this happening. I am assuming he only just started at Vodafone today then, because we have many threads on here with similar problems.

It is such hard work trying to leave them isn't it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do keep that live chat copy because we have also had many people come to CAG to advise that having cancelled their account with Vodafone, they have then discovered that they have had their credit records trashed because there was an outstanding £5.00 not paid ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

She said she has worked there for 3 years and is a principled woman. Then she tells me a blatant lie about their customer services. Is there any low they won't go to?

I only requested my PAC code because I gave 30 days notice but my number wasn't cancelled. So I'm now going to have to port my number just to cancel this contract.

Thank you for the advice, I will be checking my next set of bills to make sure they are zero.

If this were me, I would confirm your cancellation IN WRITING - send to their Head office/Registered office address.

BCOBS

She said she has worked there for 3 years and is a principled woman. Then she tells me a blatant lie about their customer services. Is there any low they won't go to?

I only requested my PAC code because I gave 30 days notice but my number wasn't cancelled. So I'm now going to have to port my number just to cancel this contract.

Thank you for the advice, I will be checking my next set of bills to make sure they are zero.

In answer to your question... every time we think they have reached an all time low.. the lower the bar again !

BCOBS

Logged into my account after PAC process and got this message "there are currently no services being used on this account" so the nightmare is finally over thankfully.

I can't view my bills anymore though so I might have to speak to them about that.