Unfair Judgement? - about a boundary dispute with a neighbour

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the final charging order is granted, you may be able to apply to the court to have it set aside. This means the debt goes back to the judgment stage and your creditor will have to reapply to the court if they want to take further action. This can give you more time to repay your debt.

You can only do this if you think the court didn't consider your circumstances properly. You must make this application as soon as possible after the charging order is made final.

It can be very difficult to get the charging order set aside.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the final charging order is granted, you may be able to apply to the court to have it set aside. This means the debt goes back to the judgment stage and your creditor will have to reapply to the court if they want to take further action. This can give you more time to repay your debt.

You can only do this if you think the court didn't consider your circumstances properly. You must make this application as soon as possible after the charging order is made final.

It can be very difficult to get the charging order set aside.

Thanks Andy…

The FCO was granted in November 2014, (standard form K restriction)… the JC then made a without notice application for a modified CO, which was granted December 2014. (Two Judgements for the same debt… is this unique?!)

In each case I was denied the right to a fair hearing.

After all this time the court has finally admitted it made a mistake when it failed to issue my defence/counterclaim. So far, it has not offered a remedy…the only thing is to make an application set aside the (irregular) COs and go from there...

TB

Not relevant I'm afraid...that's for a public body .....

Decisions of local authorities in the exercise of their duties to provide various welfare benefits and special education for children in need of such education;

Certain decisions of the immigration authorities and Immigration Appellate Authority;

Decisions of regulatory bodies;

Decisions relating to prisoner’s rights..

The only way is an application to try to set a side the CO or otherwise an appeal.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Not relevant I'm afraid...that's for a public body .....

Decisions of local authorities in the exercise of their duties to provide various welfare benefits and special education for children in need of such education;

Certain decisions of the immigration authorities and Immigration Appellate Authority;

Decisions of regulatory bodies;

Decisions relating to prisoner’s rights..

The only way is an application to try to set a side the CO or otherwise an appeal.

Regards

Andy

Thanks, Andy….I was wondering whether to involve the police in relation to the JC's interference, as it is definitely wrongful, if not criminal behaviour to make threats and lie to people… he is using the piece of land with my septic tank on it as a 'ransom strip'… he could do the same thing again if I try to sell… I don't know if he has an agenda and is trying to get my property for himself, (it adjoins his land… perhaps he needs a granny annexe or something)… would I be able to take out a restraining order or an injunction to prevent any further interference, do you think?

I will definitely go for a set aside in the first instance, but the whole thing went wrong right from the start, where the judge refused to adjourn when there was no hearing loop… but that would need to go to the court of appeal and so much time has passed… and lack of legal knowledge does not count as an excuse… It's my own fault… I should have refused point blank to participate in proceedings until the audio equipment was provided… I just didn't know my rights under article 6, ECHR. If i had been able to afford legal advice, the whole thing wouldn't even have come to trial as there was a very serious error in the JC's case, which should have proven fatal, but I didn't know about it until after the trial. :-(

TB

• 1 month later...

Discharge or variation of a Charging Order

An application can be made by the judgment debtor or any one who has an interest in the property to discharge or vary a charging order. The application must be made at the court which made the charging order and must be served on all of the persons on whom the charging order was required to be served.

thanks andy

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Discharge or variation of a Charging Order

An application can be made by the judgment debtor or any one who has an interest in the property to discharge or vary a charging order. The application must be made at the court which made the charging order and must be served on all of the persons on whom the charging order was required to be served.

Andy... Can the creditor apply to vary a CO (to change it from a standard form K to a modified CO) legally do so without notification? Thanks, TB

Andy... Can the creditor apply to vary a CO (to change it from a standard form K to a modified CO) legally do so without notification? Thanks, TB

I would assume on Notice and good reason...Point 4 is interesting

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/notices-restrictions-and-the-protection-of-third-party-interests-in-the-register/practice-guide-19-notices-restrictions-and-the-protection-of-third-party-interests-in-the-register

Thank you for the very interesting thread.

The creditor, having obtained a standard form k, then immediately made a without notice application to modify to provide a 14 day notice, saying that the original CO does not provide adequate security over the debt.

I appealed to the court, saying that their without notice application did not allow me, and more importantly, my husband, who is a non debtor, to defend the application, but they dismissed my appeal.

I thought that once an order was sealed/perfected, only a very good reason, such as a mistake being made, would allow an application to vary that order. But apparently not. TB

posts moved to your own running thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

STILL waiting to hear from the court… Going through the files in the meantime… Again, I'm wondering if the application for a charging order supported by an unsigned Statement of Truth is compliant with CPR…. They have denied it was unsigned, of course… *sigh* TB

• 3 weeks later...

I've been re-reading this excellent post by Sequenci… very informative, but now closed. Does anyone know if the blog about interest charges, (highlighted), is still available to read, please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?203298-A-guide-to-Charging-Orders-amp-Orders-for-Sale

I've written a blog on the subject here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...egulated-debts
Edited by citizenB
removed copy and paste and replaced with link

ThedaBara - I have removed the copy and paste and replaced with a link to the thread. Link to the blog is below..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?191-Post-judgment-interest-on-CCA-regulated-debts

Were you unable to link to the blog ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ThedaBara - I have removed the copy and paste and replaced with a link to the thread. Link to the blog is below..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/entry.php?191-Post-judgment-interest-on-CCA-regulated-debts

Were you unable to link to the blog ?

Thank you… yes, was unable to link… TB

Ah righto.. hang on a sec and I will get you an external view.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BCOBS

Ah, my apologies. I am not quite sure why the blog is no longer visible. I will ask.

BCOBS

BCOBS

It works! Thank you so much…. I am still trying to get my head around whether or not the interest being added to the charging order is allowed… I may need to ask for more information, especially as I'm not sure if the creditor has served notice correctly… or even if they need to serve notice as the debt is not CCA regulated.

They have been sending me letters every 6 months threatening an order for sale and reminding me of the interest which is being applied, at the rate of more than £5 per day.

The matter of interest was never mentioned at the court hearing, or if it was, I missed it due to non provision of the audio loop I needed. (I am deaf).

Perhaps interest is automatic once the CO has been made final…?:|

TB

What does the court paperwork say about interest being added to the charging order ? If it wasn't mentioned, then I would have thought that it couldn't be applied arbitrarily ?

BCOBS