Shiply removal company - accepted deposit - unable to fulfill contract - problems getting deposit back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - any advice really welcome! I am moving house this Friday (7th August) from one end of the country to another. I used Shiply.com to find a remover. Shiply took £125 off me for a deposit, and unfortunately the remover had to pull out and I have to get another remover. I have been finding that there is no way to contact Shiply for that money back. On their site they say that deposits taken but not used against a move are kept by Shiply (they can be used another move within 6 months, but I shouldn't think many people do that if it can't be the same move). So I cannot book another remover until I have had that money credited to the account, but my move is now the day after tomorrow.

I have emailed them every day using their contact details since Saturday. Their contact phone number for customer services is a dead line and does not take calls. My latest email has just been bounced back to me. Do you have any advice? I have no complaints about the movers who have always been great, but this service from Shiply itself is terrible and looks like blatant profiteering. Meanwhile, I have no removals company for a move 2 days away.

Thank you!

Edited by citizenB

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.shiply.com

If the reviews are correct, other people appear to be happy, with only some having tbe same issue. These are recent reviews.

There is a telephone number for Shiply in the link.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your reply! I've used the service many times, and the removers themselves have always been great. The problem is with Shipley customer services - the phone number just cuts you off and they don't answer their emails, so you're stuck if something goes wrong.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.shiply.com

If the reviews are correct, other people appear to be happy, with only some having tbe same issue. These are recent reviews.

There is a telephone number for Shiply in the link.

However, if you look around this forum, you will find other dissatisfied customers of Shipley !

If they had to pull out then I would think they are obliged to refund your deposit.

How did you make the payment ? If by credit/debit card you might be able to involve your card provider or bank.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you for your reply - it would be easier if the deposit ever got as far as the remover but it didn't - Shipley have it and they're not answering. Yes, maybe the bank's the thing. Not a good moment to be £125 down though... I would like to raise awareness of this Shipley thing, because they take your money and then deliberately make it impossible to recover it.

Thank you for your reply - it would be easier if the deposit ever got as far as the remover but it didn't - Shipley have it and they're not answering. Yes, maybe the bank's the thing. Not a good moment to be £125 down though... I would like to raise awareness of this Shipley thing, because they take your money and then deliberately make it impossible to recover it.

Are there 2 different companies. Shiply and Shipley ?

At this time of year, they will be very busy. Keep trying !

I don't think it is right, keeping a deposit for 6 months.

Have you tried social media such as Twitter. Perhaps posting questions asking whether they have gone out of business may get attention.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I have amended your thread title to reflect the situation and will tweet it for you.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have amended your thread title to reflect the situation and will tweet it for you.

They are on Twitter. @Shiply.

Appears there was a twitter link for when starting the thread, I have added that to the title as well.

BCOBS

SHIPLY LIMITED

FLOOR 3

207 REGENT STREET

LONDON

W1B 3HH

Take no nonsense. Write to them 'telling' them the contract was not completed and that you want a return of your deposit within 48 hours or you will take further action.

Send that by recorded delivery.

If they haven't refunded or responded within that time, then send them another letter but this time a Letter Before Action.

Too many people let companies like this get away with unlawful actions while the companies are laughing all the way to the bank.