Re: Exercise4Less

star213
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place! I wasn't sure where to start.

I've searched through many threads re. Harlands/CRS and I'm really hoping that someone can help me shift these leeches!I confess I cancelled wrongly by simply cancelling my direct debit for my xercise 4 less membership after being a member since September 2012.

My Mum had done the same and that was the end of it, so I thought I'd follow suit as I didn't believe there to be a contract of any kind and had never signed anything.

Long story short I firstly recieved the usual letter from Harlands, quickly followed by CRS. I replied in writing once using a template off here which basically offered to pay £9.99 and that would be the end. I have now recieved anther letter declining my offer of £9.99 and instead asking that I pay £207.47???

I have no idea where these figures come from.

The letter quotes the Lord Dunedin and also the Clydebank Case, and states that they believe their charges to be fully enforceable.

Finally they make me the generous offer of reducing what I 'owe' to £132.47 if I pay the ammount in full within 7 days (I've recently moved and due to my mail being re-directed, 6 days have already passed).

Can anybody please help and tell me what to do next. I know you say they can't really do much, but they're certainly still managing to un-nerve me :(Thanks x

Edited by citizenB

The letter quotes the Lord Dunedin and also the Clydebank Case, and states that they believe their charges to be fully enforceable.

Yeah, they're only enforceable in their tiny minds!

In all honesty, letter tennis isn't having the desired effect, and they are simply hoping you will tire and cough up.

Slick is a whizz at this, and getting the clowns to back off.

Put simply, if the gym doesn't want your last months payment, then there is zero need to pay anything to these clowns.

Wait for slick to advise on this, but there is nothing they can do and nothing for you to be the slightest bit worried about.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Star and welcome to CAG

Reply to them :-

1. Refusing their offer to pay a reduced amount.

2. Offer them the £9.99, to which they were entitled because you failed to give the month's notice, one final time and valid for 14 days. After this your offer will be withdrawn and you'll ignore further demands.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Bazooka Boo, nice to have someone on side in all this :) feel a little better now, and thank you for a speedy reply. Slick I'll take your advice and write to them (hopefully) one last time. Can I just ask, will any of this have an impact on my credit report?

No, it will not affect your CRA files at all.

You'll have seen from other threads that this will not be the last you hear from them. But there will come a time when they realise you're not going to be intimidated (or un-nerved) and they'll move on to weaker prey.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)