• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

GE Money / First National Bank PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After reading various posts on the Forum regarding GE Money / FNB I was not holding much hope on receiving a positive response re my Subject Access Request.

Sent 10/7/15 via recorded with payment

Signed for and received 13/7/15

Reply dated 27/7/15 received today (see attached edited copy)

Is this the usual standard response from GE ? Surely this is in breach of my request as they have not responded accordingly either way.

I didn't even quote any account numbers but asked for everything under my said name ?

And they did not even return my cheque as requested if nothing could be provided ?

I do have CCA regulated agreement details and loan account number. Should I go back with details ?

By the way it was regarding a loan for home improvements / windows and was paid up early.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thank-you

Also total loan £2,500

Single Insurance Premium added £270.30

Monthly Payment £53.14

Therefore

£270.30 / £2,770.30 x 100 = 9.757%

£53.14 x 9.757% = £5.18 insurance amount per month

Is the calculation correct ?

Thanks

As long as both the figure s either have int or both do not

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As long as both the figure s either have int or both do not

Dx

OK cheers dx

All I have on agreement is

Amount of credit £2,500

Protected Payment Premium £270.30

Total Loan Facility £2,770.30

Rate of Interest PM 1.50%

APR 19.80%

Minimum Monthly Repayment £49.92 (This was taken in the first month then £53.14 thereafter)

Also has anyone any thoughts on the SAR reply thanks.

then looks ok

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nothing ventured..nothing gained

dx

and they

nothing ventured..nothing gained

dx

Cheers again dx

I Will at least respond to their letter with additional details, nothing to lose.

I may have to opt for Underwriter route anyway but does anyone know who FNB used for policies or how can I find out ?

and they

Thanks dx

Had a quick look but could not find anything for Underwriters around 1997-2001. Can anyone confirm including any address, who is also dealing with GE PPI ?

Also should I start with a complaint with the window company first who are still existing, as it was one of their salesman who sold the insurance ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I have located an old loan agreement with First National Bank (Reg No:592986) for 1997 (through a window company) showing upfront PPI payment.

I have also found letters from July 2001 from First National Bank stating that they are a member of the Abbey National Group?

Loan was paid off and satisfied later on that year.

On seaching various websites including Companies House, I have found that G E Money aquired FNB in 1988 - 2003 and also FNB Finance Ltd.

I know that the PPI cut-off date is looming but who should I direct my complaint to to get in before PPI deadline? 

Shall I start with GE Money?  Any idea who the Underwriters are as I cannot locate any details on the agreement? 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Further to my earlier post, I submitted a PPI claim to window company to get the ball rolling.

I have now recieved a very brief response saying that due to the Statute of Limitations Act, they are closing the claim and thats their final response on the matter?

I thought they had to at least respond accordingly if whithin six years from date of discovery?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers 

correct unless you'd already tried and knew it was there?

and they

Cheers dx

Even if loan was paid off over six years ago? Maybe getting confused. Where can I found law that states six years from knowledge of claim? 

I did request paperwork some years ago but got fobbed off with no paperwork available but acknowledged the loan.

Found agreement details recently so submitted a ppi claim last week before deadline, whether I need to escalate to Underwriters.  

Cheers dx

Even if loan was paid off over six years ago? Maybe getting confused. Where can I found law that states six years from knowledge of claim? 

I did request paperwork some years ago but got fobbed off with no paperwork available but acknowledged the loan.

Found agreement details recently so submitted a ppi claim last week before deadline, whether I need to escalate to Underwriters.  

I have attached copy of letter response.

img20190822_15042339.pdf

statute of limitation and the fos or fca ppi sites

pers i'd go for the underwriters always anyway

pretty sure that get a result going by memory of 1st national and all its changes of trading name since then.

and they

Cheers again dx, I will have a look and reply anyway.

Now if I do go to Underwriters am I still restricted by cut off date even though I have started ppi complaint process?

I am not sure who they are but got a feeling it is Cardiff Pinnacle or Aviva. 

I have looked on websites for limitation details but I have had no luck. 

I just want to respond quoting relevant details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry tried looking for any insurers / Underwriters details but clutching at straws now.

Thought it was Cardiff Pinnacle / Aviva but OH not sure.

Is there anyway of finding out?

All I can find is window company, First National Bank and GE Money on agreement. Window salesman sold us the loan.

Would there be a broker involved do you think.

I have also found a copy of Window companies letter last year in response to my GDPR.

They stated that they have located order details with them in 1997 and quoted address, telephone and Finance arranged details.

They also state that the information is held on their electronic database but I am not privy to have it?

So is this correct? Should there be a letter of destruction if no information is available?

Sorry to keep on but trying to find who the underwriters are.

Thanks for looking.

and they

Thanks again dx

Found their address and website.

Is there a standard letter for Underwriters or just send usual PPI Complaints letter with a few extra comments regarding Underwriters involvement?

Also is there a website to enquire about their regulation? 

Cheers for looking.

as you've seen with your other claims

GISC was around then so good chance, where as with FNB or whomever they would not have been regulated till 2005ish, insurance providers were.

pers at this stage i'd not go into too much detail else they'll know what you know

it would be better to use their webportal PPI claim link if they have one?

and they

Ok lovely dx always much appreciated.

I will submit a complaint online as probably be quicker.

Also as per my earlier post, is it correct that any data held on me electronicly, I am not privy to? 

Sorry so FNB were the broker?

Never remembered anyone from them at my house.

Just remember a sales rep from window company saying sign here today for your discount etc and advise you to take out insurance as you will have more chance of being successful.

On copy of CCA, the sales rep has signed on behalf of First National Bank.

I am filling out a FOS questonnaire online, so shall I add this to my complaint and that Underwriters have a duty of care to ensure fair sales? 

Edited by Baz1994

no fnb were not the broker....

is there not an online portal at the Cardiff pinnacle sites..to register a ppi complaint most of them have it.

and they

Ok sorry a little confused dx.

First National Bank now GE Money ?

Window sales person sold policy / loan on behalf of FNB?

Yes but website requests that you complete FOS form and email it to relevant ppi address.

Cheers

immaterial

you know who the underwriters were 

they are you target.

don't put down too much on the form.

let them work it out.

them more info you put

the more reasons to refuse you.

sales rep put an x by the boxes

said sign here here and here when queried why said you wont get the loan nor my generous discount without agreeing to PPI

typical sales rep even into the 2000's, they got a direct backhander for selling the underwriters policies.

and they