Caught shoplifting in Tk Maxx (17 years old)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was in TK Maxx on friday and i saw a 3 pack of Nike socks (£5) that i needed for basketball.

i removed the paper packaging (around the socks) and stuffed the socks into my trousers.

I made it out the store but i was then stopped by 3 guards who brought me back into the store and into a room.

they took a picture of me, noted my address, name and school.

Then they made me sign a sheet saying i was banned for 12 months and said that I was going to be fined. no police were called.

I've read other threads saying i should absolutely not pay the fine so I probably wont.

The issue is that I don't want my mum to find out. so,

Will the letters be addressed to me or my mum?

Will my school find out?

How much letters will they send after the first?

Also, I was told that someone would come to my house if I didn't pay, thats not true right?

Thanks

I was in TK Maxx on friday and i saw a 3 pack of Nike socks (£5) that i needed for basketball.

i removed the paper packaging (around the socks) and stuffed the socks into my trousers.

I made it out the store but i was then stopped by 3 guards who brought me back into the store and into a room.

they took a picture of me, noted my address, name and school.

Then they made me sign a sheet saying i was banned for 12 months and said that I was going to be fined. no police were called.

- hope they didn't use the word fined

if they did you need to STRONGLY complain to TKM's CEO see the other recent thread.

I've read other threads saying i should absolutely not pay the fine so I probably wont.- its not a fine and never can be

The issue is that I don't want my mum to find out. so,

Will the letters be addressed to me or my mum? - you but ignore them

Will my school find out? - no

How much letters will they send after the first? - 5-6 prob

Also, I was told that someone would come to my house if I didn't pay, thats not true right? - WRONG TOTALLY

Thanks

simply ignore everything from RLP.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I hope Maxxer sees this as I have now come across this at least twice in recent times. The security staff are well out of order.

It is not a fine but what we like to call a speculative invoice. It can never be a fine as that is levied by legal means (the police and the criminal courts)

This is a civil matter. Nothing to do with the criminal system.

Within the next couple of weeks you will get the first letter. The envelope may have a franking mark on it stating who it is from. I say 'may' as I have only seen this once.

Have a read of this where I have tried to be as factual as possible.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448994-RLP-FAQ-s.-What-do-they-mean&p=4762870&viewfull=1#post4762870

As you are under 18, they 'may' send a letter to your parents but there is a way to stop them doing that. Unfortunately, that means writing ONE letter ONLY and after you have received the first letter.

This should include two lines.

1 Any liability to you or any company you purport to represent is denied.

2 Permission to contact any other party in this matter is denied.

RLP will be able to do nothing to you, nor will their pet debt collector when they have had enough of writing to you. The only business that could take action is TKMaxx and as far as I am aware, they don't. They just pass it on and take a share of the spoils.

I do recommend that you confide in your parents if it is safe to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE