PPI Refunds - How does this work?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to go about this and what is the criteria for being able to claim back this money? My friend bought a car on finance and had to take out PPI for £4500!!! They wouldn't let him have the finance without the PPI.

I would appreciate any information available.

Thank you

RedFox

A&L - £435.14 Paid in Full 21/06 - COMPLETED

Barclays - £2447.87 Paid in Full 13/11 - COMPLETED

CitiCards - Offer made 4/10

Clydesdale - £400.00 Paid in Full 17/11 - COMPLETED

MBNA - £800.00 Prelim Sent 28/11

Black Horse - £150.00 Paid in Full 26/11 - COMPLETED

The first step is to submit a SAR to obtain copies of all the relevent documents. The standard fee for this is £10.

If you need help with SAR give me a shout..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi, I'm in the same boat. Having got "the bug" through writing a rude letter to Barclaycard and getting all of my wife's premiums refunded (only £53.64 but a victory all the same) I would like to do the same for my mother-in-law. Her position is slightly different and is as follows:

She has had, at points, quite large outstanding balances on her MBNA card. When she got the card in 2001/02 she took the PPI because she was worried, due to the size of the balances, that if there was a medical / health problem and she couldn't work, she didn't have enough spare cash to cover the repayments and would default.

When she had a Cancer scare in 2005 she called Natwest (another creditor) they stumped up immediately. MBNA on the other hand said, "Terribly sorry, you're no longer covered because we've changed the rules" She had paid premiums for the whole time she had this MBNA card and is insistant that she was never informed of this change to the policy.

My problem is that she has destroyed all of her old paperwork including anything that she may have signed, boxes she may have ticked etc.

How much information can I ask for with an SAR?

Can I get more than statements.

Can I still claim for her because this card and account was activated pre-regulation?

Any tips anyone......?

When you submit the SAR they have to supply all Data that they have stored regarding you & your accounts.

If you have any account numbers etc state them on the SAR too.

I would also ask for any transcripts of telephone conversations to be supplied on audio cassette. I did this with Firstplus though the quality of the recording was pretty poor I did manage to clean it up in our recording studio.

Good Luck

If you need any help give me a shout and If I cant help I know a man who probably will..lol

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Is there a standard letter anywhere i can tweak?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/25650-reid-lloyds-2-ppi.html

I really must get a mod to shift this thread to the PPI section..lol

You are welcome to use any of the letters that I used, If you need and help just shout

Ian

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...