style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a Claim Form from the County court Business Centre. Northampton. issued 29th June.

The fee is £175.

Claimant Parkingeye.

For parking 15 minutes overtime.

The claimants solicitors name appears as 'signed' but this is a printed name its not a signature.

The form has a circle with a crown on it for the court stamp, but it bears no stamp.

Is this form legally legitimate.

I notice it requires me to submit all personal details imaginable including my bank account balance.

They want an acknowledgement of service.

What happens if I ignore this unsigned for letter?

Form says Judgement MAY be made against me.

Don't they have they have to take me to a local county court for that or have they already done that with this form.

My only mitigating circumstances are that I visited the shops but didn't buy anything then

became ill with a migraine and had to take prescription medication

and get a cup of tea until I felt fit to drive.

The car park was virtually empty so I have not inconvenienced them to the sum of £100.

Please advise me. Enough stress already for 15 minutes.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

The best I can say in the first instance is to register with MCOL and check to see if then reference numbers and password work. If they do then it is a 'live' case.

Can you post up copies of the forms but obscuring ALL identifying details including reference numbers and barcodes.

A pdf is the best option

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks for your fast response. Yes its a live claim. Its recorded on moneyclaim. guess im stuffed.

Nope. Parkinglie will try and rely on the Beavis Judgement but that is being appealed to the high court.

County court cases are nothing like criminal cases so PE could just as easily lose..

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks again Silverfox. I see Mr Beavis lost. I don't think Ill be able to cope with taking my case to the high or supreme court. Even at this stage if I tried to defend myself on the Northampton county business court form by saying I was too affected by migraine to drive, they have the prerogative to disbelieve me and I have no way of proving this. I have been very mislead by the information on the u tube page that says its unlikely the parking company will pursue a court summons. They obviously churn them out from a computer in large numbers. Obviously I don't think my 15 minutes caused £100 loss to the company, the car park being virtually empty at the time, rather a £100 benefit to the company. I'll probably pay the fine and costs already incurred. I'll probably be no more successful than Mr Beavis and incur even more costs. The odds are staked in favour of parking eye and not those who fall foul of them.

The odds are not stacked against you - they are stacked against Parking Eye.

They rely on people giving up and not challenging them.

Unfortunately stating you had a migraine is not a defence.

If you check a few cases on CAG you will see loads of cases which challenged Parking Eye and won with the arguments used.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by defending yourself and I'm sure others much more knowlegeable than myself will be along to advise the correct course of action IF you are prepared to act rather than lie down and accept all the crap Parking Eye are throwing at you. You have to be more proactive not fatalistic.

The BEVIS case is not always applicable. It is based around a certain type of SITE and CONTRACT with the LANDOWNER that impacts on very FEW parking EYE sites. No matter what Parking LIE will try to say.

ALSO that case has NOW BEEN APPEALED to the higher court.

AS SUCH

has NO RELEVANCE until the appeal is heard!!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You really cannot fall at the first hurdle.

Seriously, this is how they operate, they will exploit your lack of knowledge, and will try and intimidate you into paying money you don't owe.

This is how they make their money and profit, sometimes it's by people following very bad advice off the net, the likes of get out of debt free, and the other FMOTL nonsense which does nobody any good at all.

They are hoping you'll just roll over like a lap dog, and pay them their extortionate costs.

Remember how the clamping industry got such a bad name, well most of the old clamping firms simply moved into this private parking company roll, another lucrative little fiddle, it won't be too long (hopefully) before these crooks are outlawed too!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

first thing you must do is acknowledge the service of the documents. Best to put down that you intend to defend in full. This if nothing else buys you another 14 extra days to think of something to put as your defence and if you still want to give up wont have cost you any extra money. Parking Eye make more money out of fake solicitor's costs added to their claims than they do from parking so they do tend to churn them out as you say.

Tell us the details of how this all came about and we will help you with a defence. there are many things the parking companies often get wrong or dont have the legal authority to do so start at the beginning with dates and places, what correspondence you got and when and we will take it from there. PE usually go after people who havent answered any of the correspondence because those people are the most likely to roll over at the court claim stage. By defending you automatically put them on the spot and they will then have to do some work if they want to avoid losing money so you will undoubtedy receive a mountain of irrelevant paperwork once you AOS has been logged.

When we know where this is all about we can make enquiries on your behalf that may well stop this enterprise in its tracks so we do need as much detail as you can give.