style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was treated very badly by a major UK supermarket. To see more of my story, to help me and to find out which UK supermarket I am referring to, please see this link where you can watch a very short video (1:46 minutes long) and fill in a short form (less than one minute).

Please fill in this form and share it with your UK contacts.

https://docs.google.co

In a nutshell, my story is that the supermarket appears to have destroyed evidence that would have proven that it breached my contract and that it has made claims to have addressed the issues I raised but has never shown me any evidence to support its claims.

The human resources manager (in training) that I was instructed to see for further information about a forthcoming meeting openly declared on his personal Facebook page that he is "fluent in buls""t and sarcasm"

The supermarket has still not answered some important questions.

The supermarket still insists that it did not breach my contract.

My case has been brushed under the carpet and the company has denied even the things that are written on paper. The company seems to be pleased that I have so far not been able to do anything about the matter.

I feel forgotten and feel that I can easily be mistreated by big companies with near impunity. I feel my life has been a joke.

Edited by BankFodder
link removed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but i wont be putting my personal details in the form, to find out which supermarket is

I really don't see why they are needed

Would you fill in the form if your personal details aren't requested?

If so, I might change the form.

What else would the for ask for instead ?

I've changed the form now.

No need to enter personal details other than name and email address.

This does look like a clever way to collect email addresses for spam lists.

I struggle to see why the need for such requests.

Me too - I strongly suggest you do NOT give out your names and emails

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

I am not sure that CAG will be happy to allow this link to stay. I am just going to contact our Admin department for some advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes. I'm sorry but I don't think that we can go along with this.

If you have a problem with this supermarket then you can deal with it here but we wouldn't assist the collecting of personal info in this way.

Also, please make sure that your posts aren't potentially defamatory.

If the manager you refer to has put up something stupid on Facebook, make sure that you get a screen-shot as it is likely to be removed at some point.

I am going to take the link out of your opening post

123ab, there is no need for your form! if you are worried about mentioning the supermarket then don't mention it.

there is a good site team here, in orange, they will delete things that people write which could potentially get them into trouble.

people are here to provide you with advice, not to fell out google document forms.

I saw the original post this morning and thought it smelt well done in digging out that video . noticed he used the same user name as well

Edited by postmn
wrong word

Wow, 123ab - that's some video...

Perhaps given your clear dissatisfaction with 'supermarket' (love the repeated emphasis: SUPERMARKET!!! in the video...) you were better parting ways when you did.

I'm sure that in more inebriated states I've probably said much worse on Facebook, it's for my friends to see and doesn't represent me 'at work' that's what LinkedIn is for. I don't think it's any surprise to anyone that a company would use any reason to invoke the disciplinary procedure just three weeks into someone's employment to review the decision of the recruiters. There's no doubt that it was frustrating and disappointing but pointing out grammatical errors in emails and potentially damaging personal information isn't going to gain any truck. We're all humans, not angels and we're certainly not running to be the next prime minister.

Good luck in whatever you're doing now but I honestly think, if only for your own health, that it's probably best that you pen this one down to experience.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

This does look like a clever way to collect email addresses for spam lists.

I struggle to see why the need for such requests.

The email address is needed to send the information.

The name is needed so that I know what to call you when giving the information.

This form has nothing to do with spam.

Has anyone watched the two videos? Why would I make those videos (in the longer video I also show screen shots of emails) just to collect data for spam?

your first post, you write "personal" facebook page. it is personal. no reflection on yourself.

it seems that many employers do not treat their employees with respect. we are all just a number.

what is written on paper that the supermarket has denied?

what outcome do you want to see from this? what are your expectations from this complaint?

i do not see what outcome you can achieve since 'supermarket' can treat you as they already have done without any comeback..

Hello there.

Why would you need to send information please? Normally, people just post on their threads. As already pointed out it would be vary unwise to give a stranger on the internet one's email address and we don't recommend that at CAG.

In terms of being sacked after 3 weeks, that doesn't leave you very many options for redress, sadly.

May I ask what you are looking to achive?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You were dismissed after three weeks of employment. You say yourself on digital that it was because of poor tine keeping etc. I'm sorry, but there is no comeback. It was within probation and clearly within the 2 year period. You have no grounds to do anything.

Just be careful you yourself don't become the one being sued for defamation or slander. They, nor the manager, appear to have done anything wrong.

You were dismissed after three weeks of employment. You say yourself on digital that it was because of poor tine keeping etc. I'm sorry, but there is no comeback. It was within probation and clearly within the 2 year period. You have no grounds to do anything.

Just be careful you yourself don't become the one being sued for defamation or slander. They, nor the manager, appear to have done anything wrong.

I have already seen lawyers about this case. Not all the lawyers agree with your opinion that the company nor the manager had done anything wrong. In fact, the only lawyer that agreed with your opinion made some errors which have been acknowledged by the solicitor herself as well as by the legal Ombudsman.

There are clear terms of the contract which I claim they breached in the way they dismissed me.

I have not named any individual or company in public. I am aware that I need to be careful to avoid being sued for defamation.

what is written on paper that the supermarket has denied?

For example, the supermarket has denied that the employee handbook formed part of the contract whereas the employee handbook clearly states that parts of the handbook make up the contract of employment.

So why haven't you sued them yet? If a solicitor is so sure, then why haven't they gone for it.

I have answered this in my videos.

To win a breach of contract case in a county court you have to show that you suffered financial damages. It is not sufficient to show that your contract was breached.

This is the only thing that held me back from suing the company.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks