More Sickness Benefit cuts leaks...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33347511

It says removing the £30 top-up for WRAG claimants would give people less reason to worry that they were getting the "wrong" outcome from their assessment.

WTF?? Does that even make sense?

"We have a huge gap between disabled people's employment rate and non-disabled people's employment rate and if you are building in perverse incentives, within a benefit system, then you are encouraging people to move onto that benefit," he said.

Now there's me thinking It's actually about being too ill to work.

Ministers are also understood to be considering changes to the support group category of the Employment and Support Allowance, with a possible announcement in the 8 July budget.

Oh great. :(

Looks like they're repeating this news as a precursor to next weeks budget, god help us all. :(

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly we have a long history of being really apathetic when it comes to the plight of those on benefits, and so I doubt the majority will give a stuff...until it happens to them of course, and then It will be far too late.

I heard somewhere this might happen before and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it did. It kind of goes with the current political climate that to me demonises the long term sick/disabled and pushes the ideology that they should not get any kind of dispensation for their situation.

I also agree with sadone above that those sharing this belief might feel differently if their circumstances change. I went from prince to pauper in a very short space of time and so a reversal of fortune can happen to anyone very quickly.

Why not stop them all and then there would never be any worry about any of them doh.

Would you also advocate compulsory euthanasia or the introduction of Soylent Green ?

Scrapping the winter fuel allowance and free TV licences for the over 75s would save much more than cutting the SG element of ESA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

After receiving Nil points on my PIP assessment (I am appealing as I should have at least 12 points - 4 alone for living in supported accommodation!) the current government seem hell-bent on forcing people into jobs which may make their health situation worse.

I saw the report on the tv and hope that karma bites their horrible spokesperson so that they become a 'victim' of the system - unless of course they already are!

the current government seem hell-bent on forcing people into jobs which may make their health situation worse.

And where are these jobs? There are (my stats might be out of date - but you get the idea) some 2 million people out of who are on JSA. What hope is there for those of us on ESA? You know, I'd love to work; but when doing simple tasks such as basic maths and all the other stuff that many people take for granted, it ain't going to happen.

And where are these jobs? There are (my stats might be out of date - but you get the idea) some 2 million people out of who are on JSA. What hope is there for those of us on ESA? You know, I'd love to work; but when doing simple tasks such as basic maths and all the other stuff that many people take for granted, it ain't going to happen.

Apart from their being no jobs - what employer is going to take people on with a long term proven medical illness, when they can have their choice of a fit and able mind/body work force.

If there are not sufficient jobs for those already on the Unemployment register, it makes no sense to unload disabled people onto the employment merry go round as well !.

Perhaps it really is necessary to cease allowing job seekers from other countries to come here for work until all the indigenous population are settled in employment first !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Perhaps it really is necessary to cease allowing job seekers from other countries to come here for work until all the indigenous population are settled in employment first !

Oh don't play one group against the other. Thats the kind of displacement reasoning that this government loves. Better to focus on the real matter at hand and that is why this corrupt bunch of sods want to keep hammering the sick and disabled when they know they didn't choose to be this way.

I suspect It's because they know they can't fight back and that If they die due to their reforms, well then all the better. :(

The horrible spokesperson needs to experience what we are experiencing with health going downwards despite our best efforts to stop it happening. My collapsed discs won't get any better, and the pain won't 'go away' without medication which brings unwanted side effects.

The government have no real idea of the backlash they are going to get - wouldn't surprise me if there is an attempt to unseat them long before the term of office has ended.

I'm afraid It would surprise the hell out of me as I know nobody will lift a finger over this. Whilst the Tories continue to pander to big business and their chums there is no help/interest in helping those less fortunate.

They want people either working or dead. It's as simple at that.

I'm wondering what abolishing the WRAG would mean? Abolish it completely and throw anyone in it onto JSA in effect meaning only those meeting the descriptors for the Support group could be on ESA or whatever it becomes along with knocking the amount of ESA Support group benefit down to that of JSA or just knocking the amount of ESA benefit down to that of JSA?

I'm afraid It would surprise the hell out of me as I know nobody will lift a finger over this.

I have to agree, 75% of people who vote are in favour of these cuts any way so even if many fingers were lifted in protest they would be substantially out numbered by those supporting these draconian measures.

Divide and conquer is the Tory strategy and it is working from what I can see.

I'm wondering what abolishing the WRAG would mean? Abolish it completely and throw anyone in it onto JSA in effect meaning only those meeting the descriptors for the Support group could be on ESA or whatever it becomes along with knocking the amount of ESA Support group benefit down to that of JSA or just knocking the amount of ESA benefit down to that of JSA?

But they won't get JSA because they're unfit for work...

You can of course be disabled and fit for work. But some of us have some ridiculously unreasonable requests in terms of working that no-one will touch us with a barge pole.

If there are not sufficient jobs for those already on the Unemployment register, it makes no sense to unload disabled people onto the employment merry go round as well !.

Why not killing the old to make room for the young? Ah, probably you wouldn't like that, would you?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I suspect the change to the support group will be time limiting of contribution based benefit, as they do with wrag.

As to the rest....I have no words to express my anger right now. I need to calm down a bit.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

The horrible spokesperson needs to experience what we are experiencing with health going downwards despite our best efforts to stop it happening. My collapsed discs won't get any better, and the pain won't 'go away' without medication which brings unwanted side effects.

The government have no real idea of the backlash they are going to get - wouldn't surprise me if there is an attempt to unseat them long before the term of office has ended.

They had better hurry up like of yesterday the budget is next week and these changes have been in the pipeline since last year so they will implement them ASAP.

If you read the press reports even Labour went along with some of the changes (as they did not want to be seen as the party being weak over benefits) a few lab stood their ground and some SNP I believe but not enough to pull the rug from under them.

There is no support for those of us being seen as putting nothing into the Country.

It is unfortunate that it appears those most affected by the cuts the Tories have and wish to have implemented just do not vote.

I live in a small close of 22 houses where about eight households have someone in full time employment - mostly care workers and cleaners. 12 households claim some form of benefit and 2 I do not know anything about. Yet to my knowledge three people voted in the last general and council elections (I don't know about postal votes that may knock the total up a little) and that included myself and the wife!

Yet when I talk to any of my neighbours whilst out walking the dog they are very happy to moan and groan all day long and are happy to admit they do not vote. 'Waste of time' - 'they're all the same' - 'no point' and so on is the response. One rather load mouthed individual was even proud of the fact that he had never voted in his life - 62 years old and unemployed for health reasons.

When you have such apathy it is hardly surprising the Tories are doing what they are.

I live in a constituency that has been Tory without a break since 1950 yet if the total electorate voted I doubt if we would have had a single Tory MP in that period. People living in the working class poorer areas of the constituency have a very poor turn out record. Yet the affluent areas that ring the constituency have a very high turn out record which is the Tory vote and they are very successful in making sure these people vote.