65 next Sunday on esa/dla, what do i have to ensure happens?

pin62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to you all,

I'm 65 this coming Sunday and I had to phone the pension department to claim my pension,

what i would like to know do I have to phone any other department because I get ESA, DLA, or will they automatically stop

. I don't want to get into trouble for not notifying them.

Thank you.pin 62

Esa stops at state pension age, so as long as it's state pension you're claiming then you're fine. If you haven't claimed pension credit, you may want to look into that.

If it's personal/occupational pension then once you receive it you will need to notify ESA/pension credit, dependent on what you're claiming. Pensions don't affect dla. You will also need to report any changes in income to the LA if you receive housing benefit or council tax reduction.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hello estellyn, Thank you for getting back to me.Its a state pension that I have claimed and I don't have any other pension personal/occupational. Could you tell me what LA means please, and we also get council tax reduction and income support. pin62.

You should also look into whether you may qualify for pension credit with the level of income you (and any partner) has.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hello estellyn,

Thank you for the advice you have given its very much appreciated. I will look into Pension credit and see if I qualify.

Regards

pin62.