Application file withdrawal fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied for student visa in 2011 with the help of 1 consultancy.

They charged me £1600 for this service.

I done bio metric and was waiting for reply till today.

In between i communicated to UKBA several times

. Today i came to know that i am victim of identity theft.

This consultancy who helped me for my application, withdrew my application without my concern.

Even they changed my communication address to their office address without my knowledge.

I never authorized them to represent my file to UKBA because they are not registered as OISC.

I just took help to fill the form, find the college.

Now after longtime waiting for an application i contacted to UKBA for returned my documents as i wanted to go back home.

They told me that my application was withdraw with the reason that my mother is passed away in 2011

. So they returned that documents to that consultancy address

. UKBA advise me to take help of local police to go and get my documents.

i done so but the owner of the company denied.

now police advice me to go to County court to sue him.

Please advice me if someone can help

1 Is it possible for someone to change my application address in UKBA without my knowledge

2 How can i get my documents back

Hi pranavbhatt12

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

I'm sorry you aren't getting advice on this but I guess it's not a usual problem. I have to be honest and say I don't know about the process you went through but will try with some general suggestions.

If you want to find out what has happened you could send a SAR and the £10 fee required to UKBA and to the consultancy which will mean they have to send you all information on any dealings which they've had with you, and might provide information to explain what happened.

You don't say what documents you handed over, but if one of them was your passport perhaps you could contact your country's embassy, tell them it's missing and get a new one.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.