style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Under the FCA rules on debt collection,

if you don't want them to visit and insist on everything in writing,

they have to honour this.

They may say you agreed to various methods of communication including doorstep visits when taking out credit,

but under FCA rules you have a right to tell them what methods of communications are acceptable to you.

If you don't want doorstep visits, then write to tell them that any previous agreement they think you signed up to

regarding methods of communication is withdrawn with immediate effect.

You request that all communications are in writing by normal post.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is a template in the CAG library you can use on doorsteppers

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I am going to beat dx1000uk and say they are not bailiffs and as such have no powers. If they turn up grab your phone and record them tell them to leave or call the cops. Take names dates and times for each time this happens. Write to the company involved stating that from xx/xx/xxxx your rights are revoked and any further attempts to attend will be deemed well you know the rest...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

bad news i am afraid - my gf has brought it to my attention that she has two ccj against her that she did not respond to . 2 dcas took her to court in a clearing house so we ,i suppose will expect a knock . any idea how to approach this.

thanks guys

on a lighter note all my debt is now SB thanks to your help ,i survived the debt holocaust thansk to your help and am acually fair rated on experian

Well it started with a letter I found on the bedside table from a dca .I asked for her to show me anything she had been sent. When I returned home from work I read the paperwork and found she had two ccjs already . nobody has turned up yet.

As this is now a Bailiff issue and not a DCA, thread is going to be moved to the bailiff forum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Also remember some Bailiff companies have a DCA arm as well but do not have the same rights as a EA (Bailiff) it is important to upload this document so you can get the helped you need. Remember to remove all personal details and barcodes as well...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

hi.

I have just had a doorstepper from BCW GROUP claiming to represent NPOWER and he was there to "help me" with my debt to npower

which was caused by npowers incompetence. I have been trying for 3 years to get this sorted and am paying £200 per month via the post office. I won't set up a direct debit because npower take what they want and not the amount agreed I can't get any sense from any of the so called helpers or management at npower so I am just plodding on paying what I can afford every month

hi.

I have just had a doorstepper from BCW GROUP claiming to represent NPOWER and he was there to "help me" with my debt to npower

which was caused by npowers incompetence. I have been trying for 3 years to get this sorted and am paying £200 per month via the post office. I won't set up a direct debit because npower take what they want and not the amount agreed I can't get any sense from any of the so called helpers or management at npower so I am just plodding on paying what I can afford every month

As you now know you do not have to deal with door steppers just simply state in writing only and not to call as you do not discuss financial affairs on the doorstep or with anyone other than the creditor. Send them away if they return photograph them date and time it and complain to the company then if they still call take it to the next level....

The infamous "removal of implied right to visit" Letter/Poster whilst not applicable to Bailiff's as they are acting under a Court Warrant, IS applicable to the likes of normal debt collectors, tv licence "inspectors" and cold callers.

It actually applies also to Police Constables who are not acting under a warrant and do not suspect a crime is taking place, or a wanted suspect is in the home.

The thing that amazes me, is the Public aren't upset that many Local Authorities have around 50 members of Staff who can force entry to your home WITHOUT a Warrant - though I suspect the main reason is whilst having the powers, they have rarely, if ever been used against a residential tenant.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi mickeymack2002.

thanks for the reply it took me 8 years to get these parasites off my back now NPOWER are using them to "help"people. if NPOWER are selling off debts why do they not say so. oops they get paid twice silly me!!!!

bad news i am afraid - my gf has brought it to my attention that she has two CCJ against her that she did not respond to.

2 dcas took her to court in a clearing house so we ,i suppose will expect a knock . any idea how to approach this.

Unfortunately, your girlfriends credit rating will be shot to pieces but I assume that she knows this. She could file an N244 in an attempt to 'set aside' the judgments but such an application is actually more often than not, not successful. Also, there is a £155 court fee to pay for each N244.

If your girlfriend is content to have the judgments against her but cannot afford to pay...then the correct course of action is to file two N245's to 'vary' the court order. This will allow here to pay the judgments at an affordable repayment rate.

I should also add that once judgment in entered both creditors can apply to have the judgments by way of a County Court bailiff. They would be required to pay a fee of £100 to request the warrant and this is added to the debt. Bailiff fees are NOT the same as private sector fees. They have a completely separate fee scale.

hi, my earlier response was something like - tell them to go away and don't come back... I assumed the caller was a debt collecting agent

that does not apply to bailiffs.

Unfortunately, your girlfriends credit rating will be shot to pieces but I assume that she knows this. She could file an N244 in an attempt to 'set aside' the judgments but such an application is actually more often than not, not successful. Also, there is a £155 court fee to pay for each N244.

If your girlfriend is content to have the judgments against her but cannot afford to pay...then the correct course of action is to file two N245's to 'vary' the court order. This will allow here to pay the judgments at an affordable repayment rate.

Could be better having them consolidated.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]