Forced storage of all personal belongings but no company liability and repeated keys on lockers.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pretty much as the title states, new policy in the handbook states we are no longer allowed keys, money, jackets (even worn) etc on the call floor and have been supplied with small lockers with repeating keys, no one is assigned a locker and its based on a trust system. The company is not accepting any liability for lost/damaged property and are sending people home AWOL if they don't take off their Jackets or putting Keys in the locker. Is this acceptable for the company to do this? It's a call centre Btw

Cheers

-EDIT-

Right so apparently some guy got told to put his medicine in the locker downstairs or to leave and go home which caused a ruckus, policy has now been reviewed and some obvious conclusions came to (sick people need medicine and storing your house/car keys in a locker to then have a locker key on your person is a bit redundant) Only the jacket policy now- which I actually understand so all good:)

Edited by Placidbob
Employers found their reasoning skills

Probably because people put them on the back of their wheeled chairs and they have a nasty habit of getting caught up in the wheels and making the chair tip when someone tries to move back quickly. They also present a trip hazard for the same reason.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, why the rule about no jackets on the call floor?

Security reasons so we're told, you might be hiding sensitive info in the pockets, we also had coat racks but they have since been removed. They have reintroduced the no keys policy. I don't mind leaving keys in a secure place but as stated its too easy to open the lockers with no cameras there at all so that's causing problems again, but its okay to have a locker key because... well.. logic.

Edit: Grammer