'Classified Paid Line Entry' Worth checking your BT Business Bills - get it refunded!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick note to all BT Business Customers.

BT in their wisdom decided to add an extra charge of £12.28 per month for 'Classified Paid Line Entry' without telling anyone since December 2014.

I have spent most of the morning trying to sort out this with them and finally will be getting back nearly £100.

Worth checking your bills to see if they have added this to your account.

I closed my account with BT a few months ago, but I am still being billed over £80 for this classified paid line entry. I have never signed up for this service and don't seem to be able to close the account. How did you get your money back.

I closed my account with BT a few months ago, but I am still being billed over £80 for this classified paid line entry. I have never signed up for this service and don't seem to be able to close the account. How did you get your money back.

Hi, I managed to speak to young lady who finally took my complaint seriously and agreed that it was wrong.

I am just waiting for the revised bill to check the refund has been issued.

Hope you can get it sorted

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got my bill for this month and they have been good to their word and refunded the amount I asked for and now I am in credit.

Worth checking your BT bills to make sure they haven't been charging extra.

JJ

• 1 year later...

I have just realised that BT have caught me with this one. They are currently telling me that they will not refund the charges as "it has been on my bill and it is my fault that I didn't check it". This is after another BT rep told me that they would refund me.

I have escalated the complaint, but I think this practice is immoral at best and potentially illegal.

Anyway wait to see what happens with the escalation, but it is good to know that others have been refunded.

Did you record the call?

If so just send it to them and ask for the promised refund.

What they say doesn't make sense: In their world I can charge my customers extra for services not required and if they don't realise immediately the money is mine to keep...

Nonsense!

This is almost as bad as when VM told me that because I had been overcharged "only" a couple of pound a month for 2 years they didn't have to give it back to me because it was a minimal amount.

i have had the response to the escalation.

They have reiterated that there is no longer a policy of providing the refunds as I didn't notice quickly enough

- again I was blamed for not checking my bills.

Both CSRs that I have spoken to have claimed that they have been charged in the same way by other companies and therefore it is to be expected that I will be as well.

After some discussion, she agreed to break the company rules and arrange a 6 month refund for me and also gave me the name of the complaints department to write to.

I will be writing to them after I have taken some legal advice.

I don't believe they can prove I have had the letter and therefore I haven't entered into a contract.

I am sure if I pulled a similar stunt as a small business, every regulatory body would be jumping down my throat. I suppose I could see what trading standards have to say about it.

Will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...

I too noticed Classified Paid Line Entry £15.48 per month plus VAT. I was told by BT salesperson on another matter today that he had received a number of complaints about this and told me to ring 0800 833 400 press option 2 - a special number for this issue and they would give me a COMPLETE refund.

Rang the number - NO REFUND. Said they would escalate the request.

I feel a Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it" coming on.

• 3 months later...

I have been caught by this too. I noticed charges for an entry on my last bill. I don't recall receiving opt out letters ..I honestly didn't know I was in any book to start with! ..I have complained and escalated the complaint So far I have been able to cancel this going forward but BT wants me to pay the £100 charges on my current bill. I am awaiting a call from the escalated, escalated complaints manager(!) Has anyone taken this to the ombudsman, and if so, have you had success? Thanks