Parcel2go - Is this a case for small claims?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold a baby carrier to someone in France and purchased delivery via packetport through Parcel2go. I paid extra for insurance to cover the cost of the item £130.

The parcel was collected on 7/5/15 and I was quoted delivery should take 5-10 working days meaning it should have arrived by 21/5/15.

Alarm bells started ringing when a Hermes driver came to collect the parcel but as tracking seemed to be updated I wasn't too worried.

The buyer jumped the gun a little and started a paypal claim for non receipt on the 11th as the tracking information was confusing to her. I wasn't too worried as I assumed tracking would continue and had been told by paypal as the tracking was showing the item was still in transit they would not complete the claim.

The tracking hasn't changed since the 11/5/15. I have been in contact with Parcel2go daily and each time have been told different things.

I was originally told the item arrived in France on the 14/5/15 and they were waiting for details from the courier.

On the 20/5/15 I was provided with a tracking number for La Poste which didn't work

On the 21/5/15 I was told to open a claim which I did. On the 22nd the claim was rejected as the parcel had supposedly been located.

I contacted p2g immediately as the buyer still hadn't received anything, tracking had not been updated and to top everything off paypal refunded the buyer.

I sent a letter of complaint in to p2g, I'm still waiting for a response and took to social media. The p2g twitter team said they would look into it and get back to me.

On the 23/5/15 I contacted the twitter team again for an update, they said the courier had delivered to a mailbox and asked me to confirm the address.

On the 27/5/15 I was told p2g were still waiting for an update and I would be contacted.

Today is the 29/5/15 I contacted the twitter team yet again and was told they delivered to number 1. I advised there wasn't a house number so why was it delivered to number 1? I've now been told they will get back in touch with the courier.

I am out of pocket as I have had to refund the buyer as she won her paypal claim and I no longer have my item. P2g don't seem to be interested in helping me, the service I paid for via packetport was sent via a different courier, I have been lied to and promised management call back on 5 occasions which didn't materialise and I would like to reclaim my money. Will I have a case with the small claims court?

Send a Letter Before Action outlining your claim and allow them 14 days to respond. If they fail to respond then take the small claims action. Use Recorded Delivery and start the countdown from day of posting.

Companies like Parcel2Go rely on their customers giving up and accepting any loss despite their crappy insurance and promises to investigate. In fact their insurance has so many 'get out' clauses it is almost worthless.

I use them quite often for parcels from the Irish Republic and never take out their insurance. When I have had problems - split boxes - I have always had the 'run around' but also have always received compensation when I stuck to my guns. But you must be prepared to carry out any action you threaten as they will back away at the last moment - court is the last thing they want when refunding you is cheaper than the legal costs they will incur.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Do you have ALL the above info in writing? If not, please try and get it. Make print offs of any tracking info and the dates from.

You need to be able to show a trail of events leading up to the non delivery.

You paid for the extra insurance. Your contract is with P2G. They are responsible to you. They should refund the postage costs as well as paying out on the insurance.

If they are stalling, the letter before action may just egg them on to resolution. If not then court papers hitting their mat should have the desired effect.

They may try and pass the buck to the French courier. Don't fall for it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Some good advice from Silverfox.

But do not get involved in any more 'table tennis' with messages going to and fro. Parcel2Go will try and use every trick in the book to avoid paying out. Your ultimatum is the 'letter before action'.

Although it is highly unlikely Parcel2Go will let this go as far as court action because the costs would far outweigh the benefits for them - it is best to be fully prepared should they do dig their heels in.

Remember they have a duty of care which they have clearly failed in. You paid to have your package taken from your address to the delivery address in France. They have failed to complete the contract you entered into with them so despite their insurance and promises and prevaricating you are entitled to a full refund. Do not let them fob you off - which is what they will continue to do most probably by telling you the insurance you paid for is void for some reason buried in the small print. They will try and shift any onus of blame either apon you or the French courier. Keep your arguments simple - you paid for a service which they failed to provide so you want a full refund of monies paid.

Hi, I had a problem with Parcel2go when they decided to play football with a package I sent.

After I got no where with complaining I had no other option but to start legal proceedings.

When they had all the paperwork I finally got my money back and all my legal cost.

They do try and fob you off hoping you give up.

Good luck with your claim

JJ

Thank you all for your help. I'm posting my letter today and will be claiming for the postage fees back, the original cost of my item and the amount I have had to refund via paypal. I have enclosed copies of proof of purchase and screen shots of tracking to show it hasn't been updated since the 11th.

The person I sent to still hasn't received anything so unless they can show me solid evidence that she signed for it I will not back down over this.

Hold on there. As far as I am aware, you can only claim back your actual losses.

Example

Original cost to you £100

Item sold by you £130

Item refunded by paypal £130

You cannot claim the £100 as you originally got that money back with an added £30

All you can claim for is

Amount lost £130

Postage fees

Insurance costs

Court fees

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I've not had any money refunded via paypal, I had to refund the buyer via paypal therefore I am out of pocket and I'm claiming for my loss. I'm claiming back £21.95 for the postage paid, the original cost of the item and the money I had to refund my buyer via paypal. I should also be adding over 10 hours of my time which has been spent chasing this item via parcel2go chat, emails and internet research but I'm not.

Just a quick update. Since requesting the address I needed to send my letter before action to I have received two emails.

The first email states that tracking states the item was delivered to a letterbox however the address is missing house/street number and that my customer would need to contact Colis Prive if they have not received the item. I was told tracking information has been emailed to my customer. I don't believe this at all, firstly I provided both a street name and apartment letter (they don't have numbers) secondly they don't have contact details for my customer.

The tracking on the website has still not had an update since the 11th so I know they are lying.

I then received another email from the customer service team to say that they apologise for the inconvenience and if I wish they can open the claim again as I am still disputing the delivery.

I have already sent my LBA so I think I will leave contact with the customer service team to a minimum.