Parking Eye Claim Form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have also received a 'claim form ' from Northampton county court business centre issue date 18th may, following numerous letters from parking eye. I parked for 1 hour and eight minutes on a beach car park without getting a ticket. it was 8pm at night in march and was pitch dark with no lighting whatsoever and I didn't see the machine. it is a tourist area and it was definitely out of season so I wouldn't of even thought of getting a ticket even if I had seen the machine. im unsure what to do now as they are requesting £175!! im very worried. should I pay it??

Hello and Welcome moseyj,

I have started a new thread for you, hopefully you will get some help shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello there.

Have you read up on Parking Eye at all? We have lots of threads here, they like to try it on in court and frequently it doesn't go well.

Could you tell us a couple of things please. What is the issue date on the top right of the claimform? Also, could you type up their POCs [particulars of claim] minus any identifying details? These will help the guys to advise you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello!

I'm just reading through different threads at the moment and have also downloaded the parking pranksters book/guide to my kindle. Issue date is 18th march 2015. particulars of claim are;

Claim for monies outstanding from the defendant, as a registered keeper, in relation to a parking charge, issued 5/3/2015 for parking on private land in breach of the terms and conditions (the contract) Parkingeyes automated number plate recognition system, monitoring *********, captured vehicle **** entering and leaving the car park , parking without a valid paid parking ticket. The signage clearly displayed at the entrance to and throughout the carpark , states that this is private land, is managed by parking eye Ltd and is a paid parking site, along with other T+c's by which those who park on site agree to be bound. In accordance with the T+C's set out in the signage, the parking charge became payable. Notice under the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. This claim is in reference to Parking charge (s) xxx

I have spoken to someone who works at the golf club and explained what happened and hopefully he is going to have a word with the owner to see if he will ask parking eye to drop the charge. If not and I chose to defend, should I send the acknowledgement of service form back to the court telling them that im defending the claim and fill and send then defence and counterclaim form form or just send the acknowledge of service on its own first??

Edited by honeybee13
Ref numbers removed.

PE wont drop it now they have paid a court fee unless they are instructed to and then they may sue the golf club so dont bank on it happening. What would be better is getting some form of letter from the landlord saying that you had permission to park or some such thing and that will sink their claim without any cost to the landowner.

You should acknowledge the claim anyway, get that done first and worry about the rest later as you will have a little more time to get your stuff together.

The obvious defence is that no contract could possibly have been formed due to ignorance of being offered one to consider due to insufficient signage. Being pitch black and no street light or illumination of machine you were unaware of any need to pay.

Get down to the site and photograoh the signs, make a note of where they are in relation to the entrance to the land and the size of the letters etc.

Also, ask the council whether PE applied for planning permission to put the signs up in the first place (it may be that landlord applied on their behalf) No PP no contract as PE action would then be illegal and you cannot enter a contract to break the law.

Sorry, yes its the 18th may

Good. :)

This is from the legal forum stikky on the timescale you need to keep to.

Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -

^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE OF THE CLAIM IS DAY 1 [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello!

I'm just reading through different threads at the moment and have also downloaded the parking pranksters book/guide to my kindle. Issue date is 18th march 2015. particulars of claim are;

Claim for monies outstanding from the defendant, as a registered keeper, in relation to a parking charge, issued 5/3/2015 for parking on private land in breach of the terms and conditions (the contract) Parkingeyes automated number plate recognition system, monitoring *********, captured vehicle **** entering and leaving the car park , parking without a valid paid parking ticket. The signage clearly displayed at the entrance to and throughout the carpark , states that this is private land, is managed by parking eye Ltd and is a paid parking site, along with other T+c's by which those who park on site agree to be bound. In accordance with the T+C's set out in the signage, the parking charge became payable. Notice under the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been given under Sch 4, making the keeper liable. This claim is in reference to Parking charge (s) xxx

If there is no lighting on the car park I don't know how they can make that claim really.

Hi, I have not recieved any word back from the golf club as yet. I am posting my acknowledgement form back today. I will be going to the car park tonight when its dark to take some photographs and will contact the council today.

I have contacted the council and planning permission was applied for and granted last year. I have been to take photos. There are council run public toilets there which now have a small light outside. This was only switched on in April and runs through to September, which was confirmed by my local council. Should my defence be inadequate lighting for the signs? You can see how dark it is fro. The photos that parking eye sent me of my car going in and coming out of the car park

Hi, the more I read the parking pranksters guide and other related threads the more confused and upset I get. Im panicking now about forming and putting down on paper a reasonable defence.

Im still reading through so much material but cant seem to find a similar case to mine. Is there a way to appeal so I don't have to go to court? In not knowledgeable enough at all to understand all this technical stuff im reading through and I would be utterly useless in court.

Hi yes I sent the paper form back on the 26th May. I would really like to move forward with whatever I need to do, im beginning to lose sleep over this now. I am very concerned about going to court as m not at all knowledgeable in these matters and don't know how to proceed.

I think i may have to pay my fine as i am getting close to running out of time for my defence. Do you think i can make them an offer of the original £60?