style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Question...........

I work for a company that over the last 12 months has introduced the NPS/CSAT system into my working day as follows:

I attend my employers customers households, carry out work and that's my job done but now the customer receives the NPS/CSAT via Email or txt message to respond to.

I have been told by my employer that I MUST mention this NPS/CSAT to the customer as part of my job which I do I also give the customer a card with details on mentioning this email/txt message they'll receive but.............

I have no control over what the customer does after my visit and my employer is stating I have not received enough responses to these messages so I'm being taken to a disciplinary over the lack of responses.

My work stats are 100% across the board and the only downside is this NPS/CSAT that are not forthcoming but my employer has stated that other employee's are getting over the minimum replies needed but that's because these responses are associated to a monthly bonus which other employee's rely on to top up their wage.

Therefore other employee's are stressing to customers they need these surveys or they will lose money, I don't like this way of doing things and leave it to the customer if they wish to respond or not Im not worried if I get a bonus.

Now, as far as I'm concerned I have and are doing everything I can by telling the customers and giving a card out explaining they will get the NPS/CSAT message but I don't have any control over what happens after I leave the customers house so.

Where do I stand with this?

Regards

NPS and CSAT is:

NPS – Net Promoter Score

The Net Promoter Score is perhaps the most famous of these metrics – sometimes known as The Ultimate Question! The question is founded on the assumption that happy customers are more likely to recommend a company to others:

On a scale of 0-10 how likely would you be to recommend [company name] to a friend or colleague?

Responders are split into three categories:

• 9-10 - Promoters
  • 7-8 - Passive
  • 0-6 - Detractors

The Net Promoter Score is a simple calculation of the percentage of detractors subtracted from the percentage or promoters. Any score over zero is a good start and the top businesses in the world would be happy with a score over 50.

CSAT – Customer Satisfaction Scores

CSAT is a broad term that covers many question types that all attempt to uncover how satisfied current customers are with the product, or a particular interaction they have just completed.

A typical example would be customers being asked to rate a customer support interaction or their renewal process with a question such as:

How would you rate your experience with your recent support requirement?

• Very dissatisfied
  • Somewhat dissatisfied
  • Neither satisfied nor disatisfied
  • Somewhat satisfied
  • Very satisfied

The CSAT score is derived by looking at the percentage of respondents that select somewhat or very satisfied and a score of above 70% would make many companies feel they were doing enough.

Awkward as company performance should only be based upon scores actually received so if people dont send them in you cant be good or bad!. However, in the world of unitended consequences you are being damned by ghosts.

I would look at your employment contract and see what that says and also as to whther the new rules are part of your employment terms (probably are unless you have a grading structure that is scored by reference points that would prevent this sceme being incorporated).

When I get a call out card to return I invariably dont as I usually dont agree with the wording on the questions and people like me will now damage your scores when they shouldnt be included. If you are part of a union you should get the reps to have a look at the effects of these changes and take the matter up at senior level as I'm sure the company didnt intend to use it as a disciplinary tool but are now stuck with it so feel forced to act becuase they have invested heavily in a lame duck and dont want to admit it.

Problem is they have a target of replies and if your under that target you get talked to, threatened or disciplined.

I feel I'm being victimised by the company because they want to have world class figures and the more replies they get the better they look.

The stress I'm feeling now is beyond a joke to be honest.

Just spoke to my union legal dept and basically they said they are within their rights, its a process and if Im not getting enough of these surveys then so be it.

They are out of my control and I'm being penalised by threatening with me loosing my job.

Not fair.