Minicredit and Hellix LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've had multiple emails from a company called Hellix LTD claiming my minicredit debt is owed to them for £699.00.

I borrowed £100 back in 2011, paid them a total of £42 and a further £90 when it was sold to Fredricksons. They then passed this to OPOS who tried to claim £500+ - I offered them a full and final of £25 which they accepted. When I was due to get paid there was a hiccup with my wages going in which delayed paymwnt by a day, I emailed OPOS to inform them and ask if I could pay the next day. No reply,never heard anything from them again.

My credit file shows a default from July 2011, the balance was static until the last few months where it's jumped from 500 to 699 for no reason. Never had any correspondence from them, no default notice or anything. I did once have a letter informing of a £100.00 charge for 'doorstep collection' which never occurred.

Hellix LTD emailed me recently claiming I owe £699 but they will offer A MASSIVE REDUCTION if I contact them soon, offering a 70% discount and I could pay over 12 months, how kind!

I sent them an email asking them to prove I owe the amount claimed and their response was:

Further to your template internet letter that we received today

The default is registered on your personal credit file on the 13th November 2011, for ths debt you never took out and you last paid back this lender that you did not borrow from on the 26th July 2011 for £25.

Please let me know what part of your loan you are disputing rather then the template you have sent so we can investigate the parts you are disputing

Regards

Mr Nigel Goddard

Super sarcastic or what? What would be my next steps with this?

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am also beginning to have issues with Hellix Ltd. I received a text message from them, asking me to contact them and quoting s certain account number. No other details were given.I emailed them stating i was not willing to give personal information online, especially not knowing who they are or why they are contacting me.They then replied with a standardised email, asking me to confirm my name, date of birth and address before they can reply to my email. They have now phoned me at work, and again i refused to give any personal details until he could prove who they were etc, and he said well we will just see you in court then, and hung up.So i am still none the wiser as to who the company are etc.Am i in the wrong for refusing to give my details out to them? Many thanks,Jamie

Just ignore them if they phone. Going by your account jsm77 and the other posters, they are a sham of a company and very likely just reply on threats and intimidation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

They won't do anything. I've just ignored the plonkers and they've gone quiet now. I sent them an email saying I didn't acknowledge any debt and they gave out very personal information despite now knowing who I am! Not long until it's SB so they can bog off.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had enough of the default on my credit file and put in a formal complaint about irresponsible lending and unfair charges.

Email or post? Did you complain to MC or Hellix? If it was MC by email any chance you could give me the email for them? Thanks!